• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
As a Bangalore main I feel attacked.

But I think it's because people don't play her well. She's marked as an offensive character in the game, but her kit is much more on the defensive side of things. With the passive you're hard to get shot at, with the smokes you can hide or loot in peace, and her ultimate is useful to stop enemies from pushing, or flush people out.
And few people know this, but you can trow it in front of you and outrun the explosions, while the enemies behind can't follow you

Then you get randoms trowing smokes at enemies, helping them hide ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#NotAllBangalores

It mostly has to do with the fact that it was my first casual session in ages, so I just forgot what really dreadful players are like, I guess. Our teammate was level 98 though, so far from a newbie. They just took their ability to do absolutely fuck all to the next level.

pZ1HAbQ.jpg

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
This rumored capture the train or hold the train event sounds interesting. Possibly you cannot die and get unlimited rezs and there's a game timer. Whoever holds the train the longest wins. There are no respawn beacons either apparently, some other respawn mechanism is there.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on new ranked rewards this series, or are we getting the same stuff again?

Hit diamond again last night. The difference between platinum and diamond was immediate and brutal.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
This rumored capture the train or hold the train event sounds interesting. Possibly you cannot die and get unlimited rezs and there's a game timer. Whoever holds the train the longest wins. There are no respawn beacons either apparently, some other respawn mechanism is there.

if its the train i imagine they'd have to re-drop you in so you could hit it or maybe somewhere ahead of it's path

Also throwing smoke at the enemy isn't a waste if you effectively destroy their line of sight. Thats part of their usage in the military lol

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Actually got a gold weapon out of a cargo bot a few days ago. First time I'd seen it, must not be too common.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I fear one day I'm going to log in and see a video posted about terrible teammates and see me featured.

Hey as long as it's funny who cares

I already downed myself in lava like an idiot, but not when there were two squads left. Also I did not shame-quit when there was a Crypto on the team to get the banner and a beacon right next to the fuckin teammates smh

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
"wHy ARen'T YoU COmiNg FOr mE?" cries the dickhead who drops us hot into a fight with no loot and 5 other squads in a ranked game and dies within 5 seconds. Mute and carry on, make top 3 solo with 4 kills.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I had one of my proudest Apex moments yesterday....

The champion squad had a Bangalore with over 43,000 kills. That's not a typo. 43,000 KILLS, PEOPLE. I said to my buddy, who's a very good player, "Holy shit did you see that Bangalore? I hope someone else finishes them off before we fight them." His response was "Well the game will say Champion eliminated so we'll know if they're out." Good point....True. Throughout the match we never heard the champion squad was eliminated.

We end up getting into a into a massive fight with 3 squads left which involved a shit load of caustic traps going off and Bangalore smokes. Couldn't see anything. My buddy gets downed. He's out. I yank out my Devotion and downed a Gibraltar and then start getting shot from right next to me. I switch to my Hemlock and land a bunch of headshots from about 5 feet away on (GUESS WHO?) The Bangalore with 43,000 KILLS. Completely downed her and right then the announcer goes "Champion Eliminated".

The level 5 circle came right up on me and killed me but it was amazing going the whole match wondering where that Bang was and I got her.

(TL: DR - I killed a Bangalore that had 43,000 kills in the Champion squad.)

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
The Prowler with the Selectfire Receiver attachment is fire!!! Paired it with a G7 Scout + double tap. Perfection.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm starting to side with Bauer more and more that there's some kind of SBMM in casual Apex....

Every time I play with my buddy who's Diamond and is a really good player we get matched against amazing teams in casual Apex. They're too good for me and it gets really frustrating. Case in point - We saw a team that was in a fight with another team and I decided to poke a few shots with my Hemlock from about 150 yards away. I landed one shot doing about 55 dmg and he immediately turned around and sniped the shit out me and broke my purple shield. While I was healing up (and moving backwards) all 3 of them left the fight they were in, bum rushed us SO FAST that none of us could even tell where they came from and wiped our squad in about 2 seconds.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
god, i hate playing as crypto - still the only legend i haven't got a win with this season. i wish there was a mode where your drone could follow you round without you having to manually control it, because as it stands your either sit fiddling about on your drone not being able to fight or you're in a fight and all of your abilities are absolutely useless.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Had a strange experience in ranked last night. When the selection screen loaded there were only two of us, the third player came in late, was a Lifeline with the angel skin. I pulled up the squad details during launch and the Lifeline wasn't on there, it was just me and the one other player. When we got to the end of the match, we placed 2nd and the stat screen came up and Lifeline had 0 damage and 0 kills despite being with us the entire match in many firefights. Was it a bot?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
well not long after making that last post i've finally clinched a win with crypto - and with that, got myself at least one win with every legend this season (and around 40 overall this season). got paired with two really solid players with very very good stats and i surprisingly did a decent job keeping up with them, ending the game with 4 kills and 1200 damage - the same as the wraith. since most of the fighting ended up in capitol, the brief moments that i could use my drone i managed to get it in a pretty decent spot for scanning, and timed the ultimate well in the final fight. still don't like playing as him though haha. also, i'm actually quite liking the p2020 with hammer rounds? might end up using this more often.

Last edited:

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
The challenge for earning 120 ranked points is broken and bullshit!! Ok so I can't accumulate them over time it has to be one game ok fine I'll deal with that. Just won a game and got 139rp yet it counted as only 87 for the challenge so I didn't unlock it what the fuck!!!!

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Completed the battle pass today so don't have to worry about the dumb challenges anymore... Until the next limited time event at least, which will probably have you do dailies again.

As always, the Legendary level 100/110 skins look awesome aesthetically but they have bad iron sights, so you're at a gameplay disadvantage if you actually use them...

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Does this video still hold true for the netcode?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRj3KZJCDiM

Have their been any improvements to footsteps, audio and netcode?

Footsteps and audio fixes are IMO 8/10 right now. The improvement in Season 3 from those changes have directly made me much better. I have some minor grievances with the vertical audio, it's still difficult to discern whether audio is coming from above or below but otherwise it's gotten a lot better.

streepmeryl

Mar 4, 2018
I must say, that this is my game of forever. No game has come close to how incredible this game is to me. I really needed this
Thank you Respawn for making this a beautiful game. Haven't played much since season 3, kind of seeing things differently, but wow, this game use to be incredible and that's all I even care about.
Best game of 2019, previously and beyond. Game of forever for now.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I just hit level 100 on the battle pass (and yes, I finally caved and bought the battle pass around level 93, since I was 100% gonna be reimbursed on it anyway, so why the hell not, the pressure was not there anymore), and in order to celebrate receiving that beautiful Legendary blue Peacekeeper skin, here's me doing outrageous (and probably hella annoying to those on the receiving hand) head shots, and snatching a win in Platinum with it!

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I may skip the next season's pass, but I have a hard time getting over missing music. The music packs are low-key my favorite reward, and I want to have as many as possible. So hopefully the next BP doesn't have a lot of tracks and I can skip it without worry.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Can't seem to get a game with randoms anymore without at least one either dropping solo at the other side of the map or one/both of them quitting out.

Also, it appears in my games that barrel stabilizers have been removed from the game. I've not seen one in the last 5 games even in my dead enemies death boxes.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So, I'm pretty sure that spot wasnt always there and was added with the last update. They did make some changes to the loot.

I'm fairly sure those bins have been there since the start of S3.

If you look at this article of RPS about Apex Legends S3 from October 14th, you can clearly see those bins being placed on the loot bins map:

MinWUV4.png

Now, whether or not those bins always delivered at the very least a Body Shield level 3 since the start of S3, or since the last update, I don't know. I'd be tempted to say the former, since the bins themselves have physically always been there, it's just that it took us a month to catch up on it. I immediately had the idea to go back to that spot over and over again and test it as soon as I discovered it as I had a hunch about it, and it kept delivering. I suppose most people never tested it as much as I did, and never came to the same conclusion as I did, that it was in fact always delivering level 3 body shields all the time. That's probably how it remained undercover for so long: people opening those bins probably thought they got lucky while opening them, and seldom had the opportunity to land at that spot again in their following games, thus forgetting about it, or thinking it was just an anomaly while it's a constant.

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Can't seem to get a game with randoms anymore without at least one either dropping solo at the other side of the map or one/both of them quitting out.
Personally I've been experiencing hard crashes about every four or five games where it freezes when trying to load the dropship. I have to force close and always feel bad for my squad.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Dude, regular matches are probably the worst they've ever been now. I've literally died to 5k+ kills players 20 times in a row. This is what basically every (NON RANKED) match currently looks like, not even kidding:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I've been struggling all day in pubs, then got my best game yet in ranked (Silver, mind you, but it's my first season playing ranked)

fc1YsvKh.jpg

With a G7 and Eva8 of all guns. Hipfired like crazy.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Respawn's lack of communication since Titanfall 1 really bugs me. You can't have a multiplayer shooter in this day and age and have such lack of communication/updates/patches and expect a lot of the playerbase to stay engaged.

The livestream they had earlier this season was so good getting people hyped for the firing range and shadowfall and now we are back to radio silence. Not every balance change/content update has to be a surprise. Just post something on the official website every once in a while acknowledging some issues or teasing/hyping things up they're working on.

Also....I hardly consider duos new content as it shouldn't have been an LTM, and was basically the bare minimum they could've done to have added content

Sorry just needed to rant as I love the game but I'm not sure how long I can keep playing it because I'm just so bored of everything that isn't the core shooting/movement now. Crypto didn't shake up the meta in any meaningful way and the new map while great is starting to get stale. And that's not a knock against the map, it's a knock against BRs in general.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also seems confirmed the 3rd section of the train always has a gold weapon now. We did it 3 times last night, amongst 7 wins (miss the 7 streak win though, had a loss in the middle).

I hope for the next update they rotate randomly between the two maps. Keep it a little fresh now we're all used to the new map.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm fairly sure those bins have been there since the start of S3.

If you look at this article of RPS about Apex Legends S3 from October 14th, you can clearly see those bins being placed on the loot bins map:

MinWUV4.png

Now, whether or not those bins always delivered at the very least a Body Shield level 3 since the start of S3, or since the last update, I don't know. I'd be tempted to say the former, since the bins themselves have physically always been there, it's just that it took us a month to catch up on it. I immediately had the idea to go back to that spot over and over again and test it as soon as I discovered it as I had a hunch about it, and it kept delivering. I suppose most people never tested it as much as I did, and never came to the same conclusion as I did, that it was in fact always delivering level 3 body shields all the time. That's probably how it remained undercover for so long: people opening those bins probably thought they got lucky while opening them, and seldom had the opportunity to land at that spot again in their following games, thus forgetting about it, or thinking it was just an anomaly while it's a constant.

I wonder how effective it would be to put another 5-6 bins like this spread out through the map. Would some "predictable" loot be a good thing overall for Apex? Let's face it, the hot drops in S3 are usually a waste of time. My squad rarely finds anything worth the risk of dropping there and it's supposed to be the place where you're guaranteed amazing loot. As it stands now these two random skyhook loot bins have a higher percentage of dropping better loot then the hot drops. Doesn't make any sense.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
also can confirm multiple randoms have landed me in Delphine's spot lol

I also add that, based on my own recent experiences, I would not be surprised if there was something funky going on with matchmaking at the moment

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Dude, regular matches are probably the worst they've ever been now. I've literally died to 5k+ kills players 20 times in a row. This is what basically every (NON RANKED) match currently looks like, not even kidding:

Nah... Rarely played last month or so and got a win second match. Ranked is much more challenging than unranked on PS4.

Going to move up in ranked when I get more time but unranked I'm still not feeling has a hidden mmr. Whenever I play ranked it's a difference in styles of play. Unranked you can roll past teams compared to rank. I could see more people hitting a level of ranked they are satisfied with and moving back to unranked. Also it's not uncommon for people to use unranked for warmup matches until they jump into ranked making unranked seem more challenging as the season goes on. Maybe they should display the ranked level in unranked to help with this detail.

Also not surprised on the secret spot... There was an area outside of the pit in Kings canyon that 80% of the time had gold items. We called it gold town. It was basically a no name area that had one and possibly multiple gold items most matches. Surprised it never really caught on more than it did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.