• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Now THIS needs to be permanent.... I love it!

Seem to be coming across more hostile players in this mode though. Jump master last minute dropped solo as soon as i broke off then proceeded to call me a cunt when I didn't run to his banner. Then in the next game i have another kid scream down his mic at me becuase I got punched off the drop ship.

Last edited:

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
god, i love the devotion as Gibby. helped clinch a ranked win with 8 kills (that's high for me!). shout out to the prowler too, another one of my favourites that doesn't get enough love that was invaluable during that match.
I'll have games where I run witha decked out Prowler and think, "wow, this gun is great! I should use it more often!"
Then I lose against an R99 and realize I probably could have won the fight if I'd been use that gun instead.

R99 is just too good, man. And all I really need for it is at least a blue mag and Im good. Anytime I get a prowler, the selectfires start hiding from me. It's so difficult to find those things sometimes.

Last edited:

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
I'll have games where I run witha decked out Prowler and think, "wow, this gun is great! I should use it more often!"
Then I lose against an R99 and realize I probably could have won the fight if I'd been use that gun instead.

R99 is just too good, man. And all I really need for it is at least a blue mag and Im good. Anytime I get a prowler, the selectfires start hiding from me. It's so difficult to find those things sometimes.
whilst i acknowledge that the r99 is overall the better gun, the prowler is wayyy easier to handle, which often makes it a much better match for me when i'm struggling in close range fights. but yeah, sometimes that select fire is a sneaky bastard and often means i'll avoid the gun unless i've found one 😢 hopefully another gun ends up using the mod so that it becomes more common

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Problem with adding 2 legends so quickly is there surely is an upper limit on how many more legends this game can even support. What is that number, 16 total? 20?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, the new map has digital threats EVERYWHERE which makes me think they may have intended the map to be darker. There really is no need for so many

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Honestly yet another goddamn sniper is definitely not what I wanted either. I barely touch them in regular & ranked, and while I do enjoy them in LTE like Armed & Dangerous, that's about it. I wasn't excited about the Charge Rifle when it dropped, and I won't be excited for this one either, it's getting a bit boring now to be honest. Heck, even the L-Star made me more excited back then.

Yeah, sucks to have another sniper... I have a challenge for 10 knockdowns with the Charge Rifle from the beginnning of the season and I wont finish it lol. Hate that gun, it managed to be worst than the Prowler in my preference list.

The new character seems cool, waiting for details and also curious to see map changes. I think I liked the older map more than the new one.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
does king's canyon at night run better than it did during the Halloween event on base PS4? cos it felt pretty framey during that event - and i couldn't tell whether it was due to the changed map or the mode itself with the zombies redeploying often

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I can barely see anything but it feels so good to be back. Already had amazing firefights at skulltown with multiple squads. Gameplay is so fast on Kings Canyon. This is why I fell in love with this game.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Problem with adding 2 legends so quickly is there surely is an upper limit on how many more legends this game can even support. What is that number, 16 total? 20?

No way it can go higher. People said the same about seige and look at it going strong. They always do a release of 2 operators at a time as well. Maybe one day we can have a large map with 4 player parties, so no need to limit the amount of legends available. I think we will see a slow down on voice lines with the older legends unless they somehow use the same voice actors for new characters. DotA I believe used the same voice actors across multiple characters in some situations.

There is an early roadmap online of characters that was leaked and it has a fair amount of legends on it that I'm sure we will see over the coming years. That's why doing two at a time seems likely cause it will take forever doing just one if they have so many under development already. Sure some legends can be dropped from that list but the amount of things you can still implement into this game through abilities, characters and even classes is broad. I don't see a cap needed on legend selection. A bigger selection will result in more variety in team compositions and meta updates.

Releasing two legends at once also doesn't prevent legend buffs and nerfs. These are separate and we will see them happen at season launches and hopefully mid season updates. Anytime a legend is released it could cause a nerf to hit another older legend if they have some sort of ability interaction that would be op.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying "vault so and so weapon", but people have already paid real money for skins on specific weapons. I don't see it happening, unless they offer some kind of buyback system. That's something that may need to be addressed as the loot pool continues to be diluted season after season.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
People keep saying "vault so and so weapon", but people have already paid real money for skins on specific weapons. I don't see it happening, unless they offer some kind of buyback system. That's something that may need to be addressed as the loot pool continues to be diluted season after season.

Instead of vault it completely maybe limit it's availability drop rate or even make it where it only drops in random servers so you may play 5 matches without it even being available. I don't get why a request even exist to vault something though.

That would be a cool concept to have some random matches that may be limited gear. Not as limited as in armed and dangerous but limited as in maybe certain guns are not within match with no notice. Imagine not knowing if it's bad rng or if it's just that no R99 is available. Endlessly searching all match for something not available.

Oct 31, 2017
I would really enjoy 3v3 and 6v6 TDM playlists that featured various segments/arenas across the two maps. I'd play that a ton, but then, doing that could dilute the Apex identity a bit too much.

And that said, there's always Titanfall out there. And personally, I hope we do get a Titanfall 3 and that its multiplayer design/focus is closer to that of the original game. But then, I think the original TF was a game a bit too beautiful for this world to really be appreciated as it should have.

I don't think they will ever vault any guns. If they did, they would have to do some kind of skin transfer/buyback/reimbursement.

Personally don't think arbitrarily throttling in-match availability in weapons is a great idea either, namely because it would lower player trust in buying into the economy if the odds of acquiring the gear decreases even more. And I guarantee Respawn wants to avoid any kind of decision that would negatively impact player spending habits.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking that if they are set on adding this new Sniper, then they should move the G7 to the Assault Rifle class.

I'd like this.

Tie fire to a hair trigger (with a reasonable limit to prevent macros). It's basically a different version of the single fire hemlock with more punch. Adjust recoil accordingly.

a TDM mode is one of those things that you already know would play well. So well that it might cannibalize the BR aspect of it which is the sole reason it won't be added. An LTM mode thats 6 v 6 TDM with respawns and a 3 v 3 one life mode would be really cool.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
a TDM mode is one of those things that you already know would play well. So well that it might cannibalize the BR aspect of it which is the sole reason it won't be added. An LTM mode thats 6 v 6 TDM with respawns and a 3 v 3 one life mode would be really cool.

I've always thought a BR mode where you spawn into a random circle on the map for a 3v3 would be a lot of fun. They could just do random loadouts for each legend like they did in Winter Express.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought a BR mode where you spawn into a random circle on the map for a 3v3 would be a lot of fun. They could just do random loadouts for each legend like they did in Winter Express.
That would be for the best. You choose your team comp like in Rainbow Six or Overwatch and then have at it.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
this threatscope challenge lmao

nevermind threatscopes are more abundant than white shields lol

Last edited:

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yeah, King's Canyon (ESPECIALLY skull town) remains overrated. If it comes back there needs to be a lot of changes to the right side of the map.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
That would be for the best. You choose your team comp like in Rainbow Six or Overwatch and then have at it.
Yep. Apex could definitely support such a mode, and it would be much more interesting than the current implementation of "ranked".

The current ranked mode sucks because of the mix of SBMM and RNG loot spawns. Landing in the same spot as someone -- you getting a white armour/white helmet/Mozambique/white backpack in your loot pile while the other dude gets the love of RNGesus and gets a purple armour/r99/gold stabilizer -- leads to situations that inherently aren't about skill, but rather about luck.

I always felt like Apex ranked would be much more interesting if it took on a Destiny-esque Trials-approach.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
RNG drops are countered by not landing next to another squad. If you're jumpmaster don't be stupid. Like landing in SkullTown.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I would love if they had a mini battle Royale mode for solo. You spawn around one circle around a area. Then you agains 11 other opponents try to find loot and fight in a section of the map. The circle will still be there and get smaller and smaller

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
I'm curious what the store exclusives will be for this weekend as, IIRC, they've released all the ones from the last leak already

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what the store exclusives will be for this weekend as, IIRC, they've released all the ones from the last leak already

They've got a new content delivery system so now they can just push things like skins to the client at will instead of as a part of client patches, I believe. So skins will be much more of a surprise now.

Hoping we see some Charge Rifle recolors or as a part of the next Battle Pass.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I almost forgot how insane the the 3rd partying is on this map. You really cant have a battle with one team, it's at least two teams at a time, all the time,and we're finding it very hard not having RNG destroying us. Finding a good spot that has loot for 3 people without other teams around is difficult

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised people can't see. I find it just as easy in the dark. Maybe seeing it displays causing it?

I don't think crypto needs any type of auto drone. It's so easy to toggle between drone and running. With a good team combination he can be in battle within seconds of his ult and have his drone in place to get Intel. Maybe I'm just familiar with drone play since I used echo in R6. He ended up getting two drones at one point to toggle between.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest thing I've thought about the map at night versus daytime is that the ice cream Path skin sticks out like crazy at night.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I almost forgot how insane the the 3rd partying is on this map. You really cant have a battle with one team, it's at least two teams at a time, all the time,and we're finding it very hard not having RNG destroying us. Finding a good spot that has loot for 3 people without other teams around is difficult

every drop a hot drop in kc baby! you pretty much have to fight at least one squad to get out of your zone

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
King Canyon's just not the same when you keep dying to squads of three holding hands with 10k+ kills each...

Still got a couple wins and hit 400 for this season but the magic is kinda gone. :/

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Crypto can go crazy in the canyon. People don't have time to destroy the drone. Had it up as a battle just evolved. Drone survived 3-4 teams and they were easy to finish off.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Dropping hot in Skulltown is still doing it for me, damn Kings Canyon is a great map!
Had a game where I kept on melting everybody there and made 8 kills in the span of 5 minutes. They just kept coming trying to third-party us, but were met with my Peacekeeper, oops!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I don't feel adjusting my contrast constantly but I'm still liking KC. I just wish it had street lamps around, at least.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know they brought back KC. I'll have to check that out and see how useful Crypto actually is on that map since he's my clear main at this point.

That event really didn't do anything for me with its new modes. Haven't had much of a desire to jump back in lately, but the meta being shaken up with Forge and Season 4 in general will probably be able to get me back in for at least a bit.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The darkness on KC is obviously intentional or a side effect of them using Halloween's version of the map (which they did, with a few tweaks). The threat scopes are there for that. I gotta say I prefer it on daytime but I appreciate nighttime to have something different.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's been around 8 months since I played a game. I hopped back in today and won my first game with the most kills (14). Even though I forgot how to heal and use grenades at the start, I guess skill never goes away.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Thought the threat challenge might be a problem, then three games in I get r99/charge rifle and just smashed it.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I am absolutely destroying people in KC with Gibby. The revive buff is so OP. I get can get multiple dome shields and revives in each gunfight.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
KC is not a battle royale map. We won our last game of the evening by setting up in market right at the start of the game. Every single team came running to the sound of gunfire, one after another. We managed 39 kills between the 3 of us.

It's a survival wave game. Caustic and Watson were great help.

Edit: 29 kills...my maths defeated me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.