• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm averaging about 2 wins a day right now and I'm only playing about an hour a day during work breaks. I think they tweaked the SBMM algorithm or something. Anyone else with a similar experience?

I believe Respawn mentioned they tweaked matchmaking in the season patch notes.

It's either changed a bit or we've been getting incredibly lucky, because my regular squad stomped last night. Teams were still tough in every lobby, but not every team...if that makes any sense.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Hard to compare how SBMM is working with just win numbers posted, win percentage is key. I have 15 S4 wins but have played a ton of games, so I'm at maybe 10%.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Also anybody else noticed they screwed up the lootbins? Items take slightly longer to appear, if you have a full backpack you don't get "Hold to switch" anymore but always "Pick up", and grabbing ammo between two guns feels much trickier.

Ayway despite everything I managed to get a win in ranked with 5 kills and 3 assists. Then teammates invited me over, and I get a "There was a problem processing game logic" error during load screen. Got Loss Forgiveness but I don't want to risk getting kicked again, gonna wait those 24hrs.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I only had one bad ranked match today. Most teammates were pretty solid. The valentines update took me 3 second to download and now my ps4 is going to spend the next 3 minutes copying the game again. Great.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Also anybody else noticed they screwed up the lootbins? Items take slightly longer to appear, if you have a full backpack you don't get "Hold to switch" anymore but always "Pick up", and grabbing ammo between two guns feels much trickier.

Ayway despite everything I managed to get a win in ranked with 5 kills and 3 assists. Then teammates invited me over, and I get a "There was a problem processing game logic" error during load screen. Got Loss Forgiveness but I don't want to risk getting kicked again, gonna wait those 24hrs.

omg yes I thought the loot bin thing was just me. It's driving me crazy

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This climb into diamond is always annoying. Third season doing it and plat people still play like bronzies. Like why aren't you pinging? The most intuitive feature in the game that Fortnite copied and you can't let us know where you got melted from.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Reached Platinum IV and already halfway to Platinum III. As soon as I quit Platinum IV on S3, the teammates I got were finally not too shabby, I can't wait to get on that stage again.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I didn't really play ranked last season but I'm gonna try to hit diamond again at least, but trying for Masters

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at Bronze II and steadily climbing out of it. Two wins in ranked insofar and averaging around 60-70 points per game. 100 if it's a good match.

If anyone wants to suffer with me, my username here is the same as on Origin.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
If someone on ps4 needs a third for ranked hit me up. I am currently plat 2 playing mostly solo, aiming for master. I am a decent gibby.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you get a squad of randoms where everyone knows what each other wants and can do. Caught 2 seperate squads in flanks as Mirage with his ult. Engage, ult and flank, wait for reloads, attack from behind, other guys push when they see smoke.

Shame i had an engine error at the last circle :( Hope the lads won.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who placed into Diamond of Season 1 in Overwatch and never looked back, I'm flabbergasted at the fact that they make everybody start from the bottom in Apex. This is my first time every playing ranked in this game (started a week ago) even though I'm pretty familiar with the game from casual play on and off the past year and the games are some of the worst I've ever played.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As someone who placed into Diamond of Season 1 in Overwatch and never looked back, I'm flabbergasted at the fact that they make everybody start from the bottom in Apex. This is my first time every playing ranked in this game (started a week ago) even though I'm pretty familiar with the game from casual play on and off the past year and the games are some of the worst I've ever played.
Yeah, you started from the bottom on the first ranked season but every subsequent season you're demoted a few ranks down according to your current rank when the previous season ends.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Early in the season is the time when I can win some matches and get top 5 constantly. already 5 wins this season, I think I didnt win that much in the last one lol Currently on silver 1 so this will end soon...

Im am running on a bug that annoys me so much, I often look at some ammo and try to pick it up, then I need to drop something to make room in my bakcpack... I do it and instead of getting that ammo I end up getting whatever item is by the side of it (item or weapon). Happened plenty of times for me to be sure that it is some bug and not me not paying attention.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I think this is wonky due to them sometimes having more items in the bins now.

What's really weird is the way the cursor overlay happens, it's been weirdly finicky to actually select and pick up ammo in the bins like that for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was easily the most toxic player I've had to deal with all season. I was the Champion because since season 3 I've pretty consistently been a good, sometimes great player, I decide to land in a fairly remote area that tends to spawn weapons and loot I love, as Jumpmaster I choose, both teammates don't seem pleased and break off heading for the close sorting factory, I think "Okay guys, don't get killed." one of them immediately starts screaming that I'm a little bitch for my landing choice "This is a battle royale fucking bitch, probably a fucking camping whore didn't kill anyone and won, better not ping a fucking thing loot goblin" the Octane with 4k kills then dies within seconds and dips so I think "fuck it this match is lost" and I start pinging every level 1 shield and mozam I can find. Dude flips his shit I'm laughing my ass off at just how sensitive this guy is, and after the sixth pinged mozam he dips as well, still ranting and raving as his mic cuts off, his last words as he leaves "You're ruining Apex!" Randoms, sometimes the best, sometimes moronic dumbasses. I did not win that round, but inside, knowing how much I pissed off someone taking a videogame so seriously, I felt like a winner.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to ranked systems in 2020. It's not about balanced matches, it's about the grind and "progress".

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well that was easily the most toxic player I've had to deal with all season. I was the Champion because since season 3 I've pretty consistently been a good, sometimes great player, I decide to land in a fairly remote area that tends to spawn weapons and loot I love, as Jumpmaster I choose, both teammates don't seem pleased and break off heading for the close sorting factory, I think "Okay guys, don't get killed." one of them immediately starts screaming that I'm a little bitch for my landing choice "This is a battle royale fucking bitch, probably a fucking camping whore didn't kill anyone and won, better not ping a fucking thing loot goblin" the Octane with 4k kills then dies within seconds and dips so I think "fuck it this match is lost" and I start pinging every level 1 shield and mozam I can find. Dude flips his shit I'm laughing my ass off at just how sensitive this guy is, and after the sixth pinged mozam he dips as well, still ranting and raving as his mic cuts off, his last words as he leaves "You're ruining Apex!" Randoms, sometimes the best, sometimes moronic dumbasses. I did not win that round, but inside, knowing how much I pissed off someone taking a videogame so seriously, I felt like a winner.

As someone who often wears a mic and talks to randoms I came across players like this more often then I'd like.

Respawn would gain alot of respect from me if they had an easy report function within the game that allowed you to quickly report players that were abusive.

I don't mind the bit of abuse, but I play with my son sometimes and we join voice chat together and when he gets abuse it boils my piss.

I'd also like a match making feature built into a game for playstyles. It would be great if you could choose between 'Aggressive', 'Balanced' and 'Cautious' before you solo queue so you get matched with similar players. I am deffo not good enough to Hotzone drop in platinum but it's hard to communicate this before matches.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who often wears a mic and talks to randoms I came across players like this more often then I'd like.

Respawn would gain alot of respect from me if they had an easy report function within the game that allowed you to quickly report players that were abusive.

I don't mind the bit of abuse, but I play with my son sometimes and we join voice chat together and when he gets abuse it boils my piss.

I'd also like a match making feature built into a game for playstyles. It would be great if you could choose between 'Aggressive', 'Balanced' and 'Cautious' before you solo queue so you get matched with similar players. I am deffo not good enough to Hotzone drop in platinum but it's hard to communicate this before matches.
I still don't get some of these peeps though. Basic human decency should tell you to not act like that. I generally try to be kind to other players. "Gg either way" is my go to text phrase if it looks like we're not going to win.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Getting stuck on a solo squad is usually boring to me but today I chose Cypto and had fun leading enemy teams into one another. Ended up placing third.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Did you lose points or did you get loss forgivness 4 times? I don't understand how they could detect people dashboarding but now they can't detect game errors (which I rarely got in earlier seasons)

I get a pop up message after logging in saying that they detected an abandon at no fault of my own and thus no penalty, but further abandons may incur penalties.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Currently in Gold, same as too buddies of mine. We play ranked together a lot, but we kind of fuck up most of the time. Our biggest stumbling block as that when the shit hits the fan, we're simply not close enough to each other. Any tips that will help us improve and hit platinum (on consoles)?

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Currently in Gold, same as too buddies of mine. We play ranked together a lot, but we kind of fuck up most of the time. Our biggest stumbling block as that when the shit hits the fan, we're simply not close enough to each other. Any tips that will help us improve and hit platinum (on consoles)?
The easy answer is always be close to your teammates.

No, but seriously, that's it. You need someone calling the shots on your team, deciding where and when to move and, of course, when to disperse or group up. You usually don't want to engage if your whole party isn't in position and ready to lend support fire. In a situation where you have the initiative, try to plan your approach as the team leader and target the same enemy as your friends. To avoid getting caught in the open, be mindful of your surroundings - if moving from cover to cover isn't possible, then draw a mental map of where is best/faster to fall back to and hunker down.

In general, don't be afraid to call out on your teammates and tell them to get the fuck together. That's how I usually play.

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Try to drop in places with as few enemies as possible. Do not get in long distance fights - waste of ammo and heals and downed enemies often get revived. Stick very close together - not more than a few buildings apart at most. Get as kitted as possible before engaging enemies. Team shoot as much as possible - the second anyone fires at an enemy or gets fired at by en enemy all teammates should focus on that asap. Use the top-tier characters such as Pathfinder, Gibraltar, Wraith, Lifeline. Use character abilities often. Call out everything verbally and ping loot, enemy locations, and where you plan on going next. This might sounds dumb, but when you are shooting the enemy remind yourself to have good aim and not to miss your shots. Basically beat yourself up if your aim is bad and try to have better aim next fight.

Edit: How could I forget to mention... third party as often as possible and don't put yourselves in a position to get third partied!!!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Or only get in them if you have enough ammo to spare and are farming that 2k/3k/4k damage badge!
I was amazed at how effective this tactic is. Kind of a cheese way to get the badges though. I played one game with some long distance fights and was surprised when I saw the summary screen with 2500 damage. Didn't really feel like I was doing it all game or anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Or only get in them if you have enough ammo to spare and are farming that 2k/3k/4k damage badge!

truuu.

I was amazed at how effective this tactic is. Kind of a cheese way to get the badges though. I played one game with some long distance fights and was surprised when I saw the summary screen with 2500 damage. Didn't really feel like I was doing it all game or anything.

yeah long distance is kinda useless for anything but damage-stats buffing it would seem.

people can just retreat, heal, move, get shot again, retreat again, heal again, move again, etc.

it's why i abandoned true snipers awhile ago and started focusing on my light ammo combos [g7 w/ 2x/4x scope & r99 w/ 2x hcog or that golden smg sight].

Seems to allow me enough close, mid, and mid-long flexibility to play effectively to actually be useful.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't started playing ranked yet, but I hope that they get their server issues fixed before I do. If I lag out and get punished for it in the form of bans or loss in points I'm gonna be so upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.