• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing more infuriating than teammates who only care about looting and stand over your downed body while the ring approaches

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Nothing more infuriating than teammates who only care about looting and stand over your downed body while the ring approaches
How about teammates who purposely don't revive you after picking up your banner because and I quote, 'he fucking sucks, he died so he should stay dead'

My dude, I got 5 kills with a goddamn Alternator and a couple of arc-stars while you were busy with your thumb up your ass.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
How about teammates who purposely don't revive you after picking up your banner because and I quote, 'he fucking sucks, he died so he should stay dead'

My dude, I got 5 kills with a goddamn Alternator and a couple of arc-stars while you were busy with your thumb up your ass.
People really do this? Gawd, why do people have to be such dicks. How hard is it to be nice.

What grinds my gears is if the team wins a gunfight and I'm downed, my teammates go to loot first before they revive me, effectively leaving me with the scraps.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random goes off alone
We run to catch up
Random gets downed, spam pings
We arrive
Random quits
We wipe the enemy squad

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Had some nice duos games today. I've only played Revenant in normal matches this season, switched to Path for a bit. Having actually useful abilities felt so good. This was a highlight:

streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200212213340

Watch "Apex Legends_20200212213340" on Streamable.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Solo win on Gibraltar from beginning to end! Damn he is absolutely OP in 1V1!

One of my challenges is silencing 20 people with Revenant, which forced me to finally play Revenant for the first time. He's alright. I love his passive, I always forget about the silencing stuff though and never use it, which is why the challenge is driving me a bit crazy right now. I don't use his ult often, it's very situational, so I'm heh about him. Still had some great games though, like this win I didn't think I could pull off, the ring was really against us on that one!

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I despise Gibraltar. I hate how I can aim just as well as him, but he's able to control the pace of the fight with his gun shield.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hemlock is really doing it for me this season. Slap a 2x bruiser on it with single fire and go nuts.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Random goes off alone
We run to catch up
Random gets downed, spam pings
We arrive
Random quits
We wipe the enemy squad

Rinse and repeat.
My recommendation to this kind of person: Go and play Titanfall 2. You'll get back in the action much quicker.

It takes so much longer for my PS4 to copy the update than downloading it. :T
It's horrible. Tiny updates taking ages to copy, download/install sizes inconsistent, so much space taken up by system crap... Really hope they fix all this next gen.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. I can have games where I get 4-5 kills, games where I have 1000 damage, and games where I help greatly with winning. Then I'll just play ten games in a row and eat shit every time. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, because the same strategies that get me high placements are the same ones that fuck me over.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't get it. I can have games where I get 4-5 kills, games where I have 1000 damage, and games where I help greatly with winning. Then I'll just play ten games in a row and eat shit every time. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, because the same strategies that get me high placements are the same ones that fuck me over.
Do you play with randoms alot?
Might be your performance depends on the quality of your teammates.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Luck, both good and bad, is real. For example:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Enemy skill varies wildly, even with skill based matchmaking. You can literally play just as well and get steamrolled in some fights and own in others. It's pretty useful to be able to recognize whether you're fighting silvers or diamonds before it's too late.

Even in ranked anything goes until at least platinum.

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
This is me.
And I hate it.
But I keep coming back because I love this game.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
One of my problems is that despite having almost 400 hours in the game, I still get surprised by and killed in the ring every 2nd match. Not sure I'll ever learn.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
One of my problems is that despite having almost 400 hours in the game, I still get surprised by and killed in the ring every 2nd match. Not sure I'll ever learn.
Once the second ring is coming I dip with the quickness. I don't mess around with the ring in this game. I'm surprised how many still people still don't fear it.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I love Duo mode. So easy to loot up, and then once the fights break out they get wild quick. Fights in duo mode genuinely remind me of the trailers you usually see for battle royale games where there's action happening everywhere and you're fighting people at every angle.

I wish it would be a permanent addition

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I love Duo mode. So easy to loot up, and then once the fights break out they get wild quick. Fights in duo mode genuinely remind me of the trailers you usually see for battle royale games where there's action happening everywhere and you're fighting people at every angle.

I wish it would be a permanent addition
Ah yes, duos are perfect. If it was permanent, I'd only play it every time - unless I had two other friends' up.
I feel like Apex was made for Duos and Respawn doesn't realize it lol. I have sooooo much more fun in Duos than I do with 3 man Squads. Yesterday I was playing Duos all evening with my brother and then we went to play the regular mode once my nephew joined our party. It felt so weird to go back, lol. We down 2 people on the opposing squad in a firefight and think the fight is over until we realize there's a whole other person to worry about, lol.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Guess I'm the only one but duos are never gonna be as interesting and fun as normal mode to me. It's vastly overrated is what it is. Every time I try Solo and Duo mode, I'm reminded how much this game is really that much better as three teammates. It just can't be topped.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand why they haven't once tried doing 4 man squads instead of duos. It would help spread out the map more too.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Guess I'm the only one but duos are never gonna be as interesting and fun as normal mode to me. It's vastly overrated is what it is. Every time I try Solo and Duo mode, I'm reminded how much this game is really that much better as three teammates. It just can't be topped.

No I agree. Duos is fun and all but to me I would be more interested in a 4 man squad and possibly upping the player count to 100. I think that would enhance legend usage and team compositions even in the pro scene with that little tweak. Tri squads was a little odd at release but after playing so long it feels like it fits Apex. Duos mode still makes more sense in this game than solos though.

Worlds Edge is way less forgiving than Kings Canyon when the circle is closing. Just the angles you need to wrap around some mountains and choke points are way more time consuming and can cause more deaths by ring than the older map. The worst is being in a big battle and finally winning it to only see the circle is at you and closing in 5 seconds. You immediately realize no amount of meds are going to save you but run anyway. Sometimes you are just forced to fight it out and the circle is the last thing your thinking about. That two minutes goes past quickly.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How would people feel if gibby lost his fortified bonus but maybe buffed his gun shield a bit in response.

That way you can absolutley melt the big boi if you catch him without the shield, but in a frontal 1 v 1 he still has the advantage.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say leave Gibby alone. You don't finally bust a character into the high tier legend meta to bring him back down. They need to now focus on making some other legends a little more powerful to either counter him or be a viable selection option along with him.

The gun shield was considered his biggest weakness early on. I know it was buffed and it can be annoying at times but it's not that great of an ability on it's own.

Does cryptos Ult destroy Gibby's dome? If not that should happen. It would leave a team totally exposed if they are relying on his dome for revives or cover. I've been seeing more crypto play in higher level streams. A few players referenced some teams/players been using him more frequently. We'll see if that's only in pubs or actual competiton though.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
You're not the only one. I think the game is perfect as it is and every time I try Solo or Duo mode I'm completely underwhelmed. It becomes a deathmatch game at that point, and Apex Legends is so much more than deathmatch.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I reluctantly turned on the chat audio which I've had system wide muted since day 1 and my goodness, I've been playing with 10 year old rage wannabe teenagers the entire time. No wonder randoms suck. Every other person I'm put up against is a whiny little white kid slinging the n-word around talking about absurd things.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing Duos yesterday and it was a 2 v 2. The final 2 squads. My friend gets downed and quicky killed. I managed to down the guy that killed him, and when his friend whipped around I did a sweet little bamboozle move over some boxes to down that guy. I was low health and extremely on edge. I was wondering if I should try to waste my already low ammo trying to kill kill the people that were downed to take some supplies. No, their 3rd is somewhere close i can't risk it. They are probably pinging his location to me. Then I hear one of them self reviving. I rush in and kill him.

CHAMPIONS.

oh right. It's duos.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Poster: Gibby is too strong/Crypto needs to be buffed/ Bloodhound's too weak

Rental: Nah...

Everytime. Lol

I just don't get when a legend is finally good to bring him back down.. his gun shield was the laughing stock of the game as one of the worst passives early on. If we leave him with just that and dome it's not enough.

Bloodhound is viable but could use some more tweaking. He's not straight trash tier as I've seen posted though and that's usually what I'm vocal against not necessarily buffs. Crypto is always going to be a character that's not for everyone just like Echo is in seige. And that is totally ok for a legend to be like that and still be viable. He could use some ongoing tweaks like the recent buffs with his drone had. I just don't like the idea of an auto moving drone cause it's not needed. It takes skill out of using him.

SanderJK

Oct 31, 2017
I never play Bloodhound, ended up with him by mistake yesterday (checking a skin then afk through charselect)

I will say that seeing trails through scopes greatly improves him. That wasn't the case before was it? I love playing position based on info, having that extra info is valuable.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodhound needs a smaller head. It sucks seeing a shot seemingly whiz by, but instead it actually hit the dangly bits and it's a headshot.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never play Bloodhound, ended up with him by mistake yesterday (checking a skin then afk through charselect)

I will say that seeing trails through scopes greatly improves him. That wasn't the case before was it? I love playing position based on info, having that extra info is valuable.

What do you mean trails through scopes? I thought he could only see the little pop ups of when enemies did something.

Crypto's drone should keep its normal wind up time when you first chuck it out. But if the drone is up the switch between drone and playing crypto should be near instant. That way you can use the drone and go back super quick. Fly in, mark, switch and run in. Dunno if this would be op but you could also apply a debuff to scanned enemies. They take 5% more damage from your team if they are marked. Would help alleviate the loss in firepower from the 3rd.

I also did like my idea of being able to use the drone when you get downed/killed as a sort of "martyrdom" passive to give him a mini extra life after death. If the drone is shot down he is really RIP. Would be interesting if he could grab his own banner and respawn himself too. As it stands he really doesn't have a passive. Officially his passive is his drone marking stuff for himself and allies but I honestly just view that as part of his drone tactical ability.

Oct 25, 2017

There's a lot of factors - where people drop, where you drop, quality and immediacy of useful loot.

But mostly it's teammates.

I play randoms all the time and it 100% seems to depend on whether I'm playing with idiots or not.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think Gibby finally feels like a tank. I don't main him but I don't dislike him. I just switch up the strategy every time I encounter one.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
What do you mean trails through scopes? I thought he could only see the little pop ups of when enemies did something.

Crypto's drone should keep its normal wind up time when you first chuck it out. But if the drone is up the switch between drone and playing crypto should be near instant. That way you can use the drone and go back super quick. Fly in, mark, switch and run in. Dunno if this would be op but you could also apply a debuff to scanned enemies. They take 5% more damage from your team if they are marked. Would help alleviate the loss in firepower from the 3rd.

I also did like my idea of being able to use the drone when you get downed/killed as a sort of "martyrdom" passive to give him a mini extra life after death. If the drone is shot down he is really RIP. Would be interesting if he could grab his own banner and respawn himself too. As it stands he really doesn't have a passive. Officially his passive is his drone marking stuff for himself and allies but I honestly just view that as part of his drone tactical ability.

Isn't his passive also looking at the hanging banners to see enemies in the area? I definitely like using that but it's easily forgotten by a lot. It can keep you on guard way before you hear a team. I just think they should add an audio queue for the team when he observes this.

I'd be up for an option to toggle between his drone or moving his body when downed. That would be a good buff.

SanderJK

Oct 31, 2017
I was looking through an 8x scope and could see the movement trails a hundred meters away.
It allowed me to fairly accurately predict where all 3 other teams were in a finale.

I never noticed that before, and assume that was patched in at sea point

Status
Not open for further replies.