• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'm currently in a match solo, hiding up in that random cliff area near relay that only Pathfinder can get at. No shame!
Round 4 and I'll still be in the ring!!

Edit: actually it appears the one side is accessible. 4 teams left. I'm going to storm out of this bush like Rambo any minute.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not enjoying KC... I'm good at short and mid range fights, but not at sniping. KC is way too big for my tastes, and reminds me why I dropped apex in season 1

Oh really? My bad. I guess it feels less dense then. It seems like the fighting happens at larger distances

I am so confused.

Part of what I disliked about Worlds Edge initially was how spread apart it was. I suppose KC does have more natural verticality in spots. Worlds Edge might feel more cramped to you because its population centers more developed. Multiple story buildings next to each other.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyone on PC here using something like a 1660 or similar who has consistent good performance in this game? I can't handle this any more, the game just randomly drops frames every 20 seconds or so or feels like a slideshow for no damn reason despite being 144fps most of the time.

Edit: Hm, did a full reinstall and tweaked some driver settings, things seemed better for a round. We'll see if they stay ok tomorrow I guess.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. The sound for close range engagements is honestly the biggest annoyance right now. Not the randoms or hit registration or lag.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Worlds Edge queue just as fast as Kings Canyon. World edge is the superior map when side by side but it's fun to choose. Maybe future seasons will have a random rotation in ranked.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to get performance to target 120-165FPS instead of capping at 100? I've got a 1080Ti and I'd love to maximize framerate.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Pretty glad about this win, I wasn't too shabby with this one, Wattson is forever bae.
Particularly enjoyed the fight starting at 10:55, it totally caught me by surprise, but I still made the best of it, that was a great one! It's moments like these you just love the fences, really.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't won a game on KC yet. Came close a few times. The try hards are out in full force at KC it's ridiculous. My lobby was filled with Predator and Diamond trails.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf. I just saw two supply ships literally 20 feet from each other. I've never seen that ever.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yeah I'm done with King's Canyon. Nearly rage quitted after I landed twice in airbase and then thunderdome, opened up 4 boxes and checked multiple floor loot spawns and not a single gun.

If you don't land on desert side you're going to have a boring game and if you land desert side it's constant third parties.

But I AM grateful it was added for variety when I've played like 3 games of WE in a row and I can throw in a game of KC.

but if they're going to do map rotations/random select the map needs to be changed drastically. Primarily the right side of the map, loot distribution, and building variety.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I'm already at tier 30. I heard previous battle passes were a pain in the ass to grind. Is this one not as bad? The season ends in May and I'm just over a quarter of the way there already.
Under Advanced Launch Settings of Apex Legends in Origin have +fps_max 165 under command line arguments. I run at my monitor refresh of 144 using an RX 590 and it's really smooth.
That easy, huh? I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I seem to be getting a much higher rate of success by dropping in normally crazy busy hotspots in ranked.

Dropping in the big building in Capitol, Harvester and trainyard have been amazing drops and we rarely see another team.

Which is funny because we dropped in overlook earlier, which was right at the end of the drop ships path and there must have been 10 teams there.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How am I only just finding out about this spot???

If you use the box stack by the bins you can get a really dirty spot on a different part of the pipes, it has a rock jutting out of the ceiling that covers you.

It's pretty dumb, lol. Especially since the vault keys seem bugged (?) and the Mirage Voyage is the only place to get it right now, so that tunnel is pretty much always going to have someone come in.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Can't believe I'm already at tier 30. I heard previous battle passes were a pain in the ass to grind. Is this one not as bad?

It is similar to S2's grind, and worse than S3's grind because S4 is gonna be shorter than S3. They'd haven't touched anything about the BP grind, don't be fooled, it'll take a while. S2 grind was a pain in the ass to me.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
They had 10k xp a day and double xp for duos, so leveling up the battle pass was really fast for the first two weeks. Now it's back to being very slow again.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is similar to S2's grind, and worse than S3's grind because S4 is gonna be shorter than S3. They'd haven't touched anything about the BP grind, don't be fooled, it'll take a while. S2 grind was a pain in the ass to me.
The daily challenges in season 4 are much easier though, and now there are four. You're almost guaranteed to get at least 3 out of the four done per day. It means that getting those two weekly challenge BP levels is much easier, and you get more XP for your battlepass per week. It's not too much, but it definitely adds up over time.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The daily challenges in season 4 are much easier though, and now there are four. You're almost guaranteed to get at least 3 out of the four done per day. It means that getting those two weekly challenge BP levels is much easier, and you get more XP for your battlepass per week. It's not too much, but it definitely adds up over time.

I didn't take that into account, because I always had no problem getting the 10 daily challenges done each week no matter what. Now it might get slightly quicker to get those done, but overall, the progression of the BP is still capped the same each week, which means it'll still be slow as hell overall.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I switched from "steady" aim response back to "classic" last night and I feel like my aim has improved (kept the sensitivity the same at 4), making some great shots with the longbow and G7 today

also switched to "evolved" button mapping (jump on L1, crouch on R3) and, while I'm still getting used to it, my mobility feels better
glad I don't play Pathfinder though cuz grapple on X would feel awful

SanderJK

Oct 31, 2017
The Battlepass is a double softcap

You get BP levels through 2 means:
2 within a week for Dailies (5x and 10x daily)
3 per week, building up. Some of these have multiple tiers, but I'm not sure how those are distributed. Going to assume 1 3 tier / week. Which means you really have 5 (1+1+3) per week

This adds up to (5+2) x 13 = 91 levels.

Then you have xp challenges. Every daily is 3k xp, and every week you get 4 6k xp challenges. Every week, you start at 18k xp for a level, adding 9k xp to 54k, where it stays.

If you do just the first 2 levels of these each week, you'd already hit 110 (91+26) I hit 54k every week....

If you play a lot, you still grind the xp. Regular xp also adds to the Battlepass. Sure it's slow, but maybe 20 games = 1 BP level?

If all you do is hit 10 dailies a week you are almost guaranteed to hit 110.

It becomes harder if you miss entire weeks, but at the end of the season you can still catch up a lot just with the +1 BP weeklies, since they build up.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just tried using the sentinel for a game. Massive regrets. Managed 800 damage without a kill as everyone got in cover once I put a couple of shots in them. Both the reload time and damage make it one of the weakest guns in the game. Id put it between the Mozambique and P2020 in terms of ranking.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, I got the "do 10 knockdowns with the Sentinel" weekly challenge, and I won't even be trying to do it, fuck the Sentinel, it's just messed up.

I saw nobody shared this, but Octane edition looks good!
To all the Octane mains out there!

t718AoM.jpg

The Octane skin looks REAL good, wew! Too bad it's paired with a Charge Rifle skin (like, noty?). Also dunno why they thought a charm weapon was gonna be nicer than a character banner like on the other two editions, I personally prefer having banners. But overall, still a pretty great deal if you're an Octane lover.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I like that skin. Seen quite a few with it though and I like the skins that I don't see much. (Wish I'd picked up Mirages cowboy)

Weekends are a waste of time on Apex. So much abuse and crappy matchmaking. I'm going to go in constant mute mode and set my messages to friends only. Which isn't what I want to do becuase I do sometimes get 'GG's and other nice messages after games.

Edit: Today's pet peeve, people that pass the jump master to you then proceed to complain when you ping and drop towards a location. Just had a kid go off at me for dropping in harvester.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yeah when I go for the sentinel challenge there's a 100% chance we lose the game. They need to speed up the rechamber slightly and just up the headshot damage to 140 or so and body shot slightly.

Longbow outclasses it in DPS which I don't think was the intention. Right now it's high risk, barely high reward.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Been a while since I've had a round with randoms where we were just able to dunk all over the entire lobby, so this was fun.

unknown.png

Also Gibby with a maxed out Prowler is kinda disgusting. So many kills just pre-ADSing, strafing round a corner and unloading the fuck out of people.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Noticed that the Lifeline Pack + Bloodhound Pack bundle is 33% off on Origin.

That makes it 26 bucks for:
  • 2150 Apex Coins (the 20 dollar pack)
  • Lifeline Guardian Angel skin (Legendary)
  • Bloodhound The Intimidator skin (Legendary)
  • Flatline Legendary skin
  • Prowler Legendary skin
  • Two banners, for Bloodhound and Lifeline
  • Two badges

Nice!

For UK people on Xbox one.

Both the Lifeline and Bloodhound packs are available in store at Smyth's for £7 each.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Anyone know how the Battlepass with Origin Premier works? Do I keep it even if my Premier sub lapses?

I want to play Fallen Order, so subbing for a month to play that and get the Battlepass seems like a no-brainer, but only if I actually get to keep the pass.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I wonder if they do a total update to KC for ranked. I'm just wondering why they stripped it down for these few days, maybe it's just for memories, but seems odd to remove all the additions/changes.

another ash

Feb 12, 2020
I wonder if they do a total update to KC for ranked. I'm just wondering why they stripped it down for these few days, maybe it's just for memories, but seems odd to remove all the additions/changes.
Probably for the anniversary of Apex? It's a bit late but supposedly that's what it's for and it didn't make sense to do this event at the same time of releasing season 4.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Finally got my 100th win with LIfeline. Gonna take a break from my girl and explore some other legends. I'm thinking Wattson and Crypto.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Is there anything more rewarding then seeing a team jump on your death box as you die only for them to get their heads blown off by a 3rd party?

Going to get to plat today, which is when the real pain starts.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
First game of the day and get killed by some obvious aimbotter with 5 others spectating them and was level 250. EAC working as well as always.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
OG kings canyon brought back some memories. Got two wins on the bounce, then died 3 times on the drop with no weapon.

Got to love Apex!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like King's Canyon is nothing but the sweatiest players in the game thrown into matches with everyone else. I feel like only one in five matches do I actually stand a chance against the folks with Diamond/Predator ranks and 2000+ kills. I'm flattered the game thinks I'm good enough to go up against those people, but I'm really, really not.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
I had a dream I got 43 kills as Caustic

Then when I tried to screencap it(on my PC) the playstation controller interface kept popping up

Then I realized there's no match history so I became sad

Status
Not open for further replies.