• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I think I'll be back to Apex (and KC) tomorrow. Game's still unplayable for me on PC but I've playing it on PS4 and somewhat enjoying it, wonky audio and button placement aside. Apex is gonna remain my main multiplayer game nevertheless. Warzone has too many people with seemingly infinite respawning and shit. It's like I can't get a grasp on how a game of Warzone is going.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I agree with posters in here; shields should not be RNG dependent. I 10000000% prefer Warzone's implementation of health.

Obviously things like lifeline and octane's passives would have to change, but that's not hard to fix as a proper game designer, even as not one something like octane no longer gets stunned after jumping from large height and can slide for longer or Octane's health regenerates faster.

For lifeline it could be something like revived players have maximum shields.

but yeah pretty much the only thing I LOVE about warzone and wish Apex would steal for a more competitive experience is its health system and somehow the bounty system.

I always said it'd be cool if the Champion could choose to activate a Champion Challenge where for like, 2 minutes a target is placed over your head that shows up to everyone every 5 seconds; if you survive you get crazy good loot/bonus XP If you win. And if you lose, the killer gets the same rewards.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It's so fun when you walk over an Octane jump pad and nothing happens.

By the way, is there any way to disable Weapon Swapping by pressing E twice on a weapon on the ground? There are far too many times where I lost because I didn't realise the game had swapped to a weapon I don't want.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I got the RuneKeeper skin and Fortune Hunter banner. Would have loved the standard plague doctor skin :p

Hah, that skin is what I got like a week ago from my level 500 pack. Which is funny, because the very first Legendary item I got from a free pack last February was the other red Bloodhound skin.

The good thing about Runekeeper is that it's the last Bloodhound skin that hasn't had an exclusive recolor yet.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I take back all the moaning I've down about people camping respawn beacons. After playing warzone for a while, the shop camping on that game far surpasses any sort of camping I've seen in Apex.

Dude be sat on that shop for entire matches without moving further than 6 feet.

Back on Apex tonight with my buddies.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Got my first win with a friend on Deja Loot King's Canyon. I enjoy learning a path to victory, but sometimes it makes me worse at improvising lol

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Me: "One is cracked, stand by for my pro 'nade"

I can never figure out how people get the arc for these kind of throws. Are these like hail mary throws or are they actually calculated?

Also, are you a TTV person? Getting to level 500 already is like wow. Either you play this game a lot or win a lot...or both! Lol. I am just at level 240 there about, and I play this game almost every night.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I can never figure out how people get the arc for these kind of throws. Are these like hail mary throws or are they actually calculated?

Also, are you a TTV person? Getting to level 500 already is like wow. Either you play this game a lot or win a lot...or both! Lol. I am just at level 240 there about, and I play this game almost every night.

I think it's pretty hard to do but I've started practicing only recently, I just try and guess how I should throw them, as quickly as I can. I also don't post the times when I miss obviously, but when they hit, ooh boy does it feel good.

I've never streamed Apex but I play almost every day and win a lot I guess (38% win rate with 700 matches played this season). I made good use of all the double XP events, too. For example the Christmas train mode during double XP gave an insane amount of XP. But I've seen at least 5 people in game with level 500 badges in January and February, so I'm far from the quickest one to hit it. Nothing really special about it either, you just stop getting white, white, blues. :(

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Since the buff I've been maining Bloodhound and really am glad they're back to being useful again. They were my main when the game came out but I moved to Wraith over the months. The new scan radius really helps me get control of a situation and plan out my attack, I die much less often.

Splitting my time between Apex and Warzone now, just getting my challenges done on Apex then on to Warzone. I like that there's a mode, Plunder, where I can sit down and play for 30 minutes straight and not have to load a new game up, no matter how many times I die. I also don't have to worry about whether my teammates are good or not.

I like the armor system in Warzone, I'd like to maybe see Apex move to Evo shields for everyone on drop, and remove all white, blue, and purple armor from the loot pool. Keep gold in there in care package drops and lifeline drops only. Maybe place a 1 or 2 gold shields in loot bins around the map, maybe, not sure. That way everyone is on the same armor playing field for the most part and you can level it up. If you do it like that, you'd have a couple players wind up with gold armor and the perks, but you'd also allow players to earn tier 5 red armor from damage, allowing a more fair playing field toward the end of matches.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
4 wins last night, my best yet.

I did the thing where a Revenant dropped his totem and I dropped a caustic trap right on top of it.

3 downs, 3 kills almost instantly. Beautiful.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I either got better or all the good players have moved on to Warzone. Had three wins more or less in a row. Also, Warzone feels so sluggish in comparison to Apex. I like what it has to offer, but right now I don't feel like adapting to it.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I either got better or all the good players have moved on to Warzone. Had three wins more or less in a row. Also, Warzone feels so sluggish in comparison to Apex. I like what it has to offer, but right now I don't feel like adapting to it.

Once you experience the smooth movement of Respawn games every other shooter just feels slow and sluggish.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
When you dedicate yourself to a new main for the season but you end up winning whenever you use your old main to complete daily challenges...

Lifeline, why can't I quit you?!

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Im hoping Doom Eternal can replicate a fast paced feel in PvP. Hopefully it does well enough to the point where we can get developers brainstorming a possible comeback. I need my fast pace!

Well, there won't really be a real PvP in DOOM Eternal, I mean, not like Quake or other Arena shooters, it will only be a 2 vs 1, with the 2 controlling Demons while the 1 is the Doom Slayer.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, there won't really be a real PvP in DOOM Eternal, I mean, not like Quake or other Arena shooters, it will only be a 2 vs 1, with the 2 controlling Demons while the 1 is the Doom Slayer.

Yeah I guess I was talking in terms of frenzied, high octane gameplay. It just seems like the Doomslayer can really fill a niche for me.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Last night I had a match I won

I had a very good firefight where me and my squad got into a fight where there were 3 other squads

Both squadmates got downed, I rezzed them while the firefight was wrapping up, and then I pulled out my Sentinel and popped a Mirage getting a Pathfinder up who were the last surviving members of the firefight.

Seeing Mirage go down with a headshot was very satisfying.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just by curiosity, did you try DOOM 2016 multiplayer? I have the impression you would love it.

I did. I actually wasn't big on it even though I adored the single player campaign. Idk why it didn't click but the sequel looks like it's gonna be a really unique experience and I'm planning on trying it day one.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
one of the best things about the inventory change is nobody expects you to be carrying 6 different grenades lol

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Also back to the Apex ratio of 90% shit games with thick teammates and 10% of passable games as a duo but the other guy also has a brain.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Are the servers broken tonight? Played four games so far two where I loaded in alone, one duo, and one full squad.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Are the servers broken tonight? Played four games so far two where I loaded in alone, one duo, and one full squad.
If I load up solo or with just one other player in my squad I just leave the game before it even starts. I refuse to play a match handicapped from the start, unless it's like some TTV person with 20k kills lol.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Being able to put your weapon away to run faster is something that feels like it should be in every game.
Why, though? It works because Apex is all about on-foot movement, with no vehicles. By keeping players just slow enough that they can't outrun some circles without holstering their guns, the mechanic of holstering is given a purpose for quick travel under pressure and when you need to get away.It's not really conducive to games that already implemented similar ideas, such as Call of Duty affecting movement speed based on your equipped weapon. It straight-up wouldn't make sense for arena shooters like Halo or Quake, and large-scale games like Battlefield have vehicles for increased movement speed.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Why, though? It works because Apex is all about on-foot movement, with no vehicles. By keeping players just slow enough that they can't outrun some circles without holstering their guns, the mechanic of holstering is given a purpose for quick travel under pressure and when you need to get away.It's not really conducive to games that already implemented similar ideas, such as Call of Duty affecting movement speed based on your equipped weapon. It straight-up wouldn't make sense for arena shooters like Halo or Quake, and large-scale games like Battlefield have vehicles for increased movement speed.

It works a lot for me just for having another tier of movement when in close quarter fights, so even if it's not a huge boost you can reposition and get an angle a little bit faster than people might expect. I'm constantly putting everything away in a fight to do that, though it also works on a broader sense with the ring pushing.

But yeah, that's a good point for arena shooters. The base movement is so fast already it works fine in a game like that, and I guess thinking about it I usually don't play shooters that have vehicles and stuff since I prefer just being on foot. Titanfall was an exception but I liked the pilot-titan interplay a lot.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I feel this way with sliding downhill in FPS games. The most anti climatic feeling sliding down a hill in CoD and only moving two feet.
This so much, plus the climbing and the ability to holster the weapon. It makes movement in Apex super fun. I especially like doing 360s while sliding down a slope either to quickly scout the area or just for the love of it.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I feel this way with sliding downhill in FPS games. The most anti climatic feeling sliding down a hill in CoD and only moving two feet.
I think it's kinda silly that surfaces are slick with lubricant only when you're kneeling in Titanfall and Apex, but it works for this game. For Call of Duty, I don't think it's as sensible for its movement system. Being able to accelerate downhill so rapidly would be a huge upset to the balance of engagement. And even still, you do cover a lot more distance when sliding downhill in Blackout and Warzone; it's just that you can't go from the very top of the hill to the very bottom in an instant, and both Blackout and Warzone's maps are large enough that they're balanced more for the gradual up and down of climbing and descending slopes, not Tribes-style skiing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's kinda silly that surfaces are slick with lubricant only when you're kneeling in Titanfall and Apex, but it works for this game. For Call of Duty, I don't think it's as sensible for its movement system. Being able to accelerate downhill so rapidly would be a huge upset to the balance of engagement. And even still, you do cover a lot more distance when sliding downhill in Blackout and Warzone; it's just that you can't go from the very top of the hill to the very bottom in an instant, and both Blackout and Warzone's maps are large enough that they're balanced more for the gradual up and down of climbing and descending slopes, not Tribes-style skiing.

Sometimes I miss stuff from Apex like sliding down hills but Warzone has so much going for it that I just let that slide (no pun intended).

The big one for me is that I do not miss the bum rush, third partying aspect in Apex. The movement, including sliding down hills are all part of promoting this type of gameplay.In Warzone, there's no pathfinder to make zip lines straight into fights and there's no wraith portals. When you hear gunfire in Warzone you think it's close by but it's usually very far away so the idea of third partying becomes way harder.

I'm also enjoying Warzone's TTK and the health system more than Apex but that's a whole other discussion.

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Man, the game has been stellar as of late. Been hitting my shots and recorded 5 wins yesterday. Haven't had this much success in awhile and it feels great!

I'm looking forward towards the next town takeover. I think it may be a Bloodhound event.It's kind of nice seeing Bloodhound be used more as of late the buff makes them a fantastic addition to any team.

I also think they're planning on reworking some other characters abilities and passives. I'm curious to see if they do anything with Revenant. Although he's such a cool character it's a shame he's not used more. Hopefully they can buff him like they did with Bloodhound.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Having an odd bug lately, sometimes my quick select option is empty for grenades even when I still have them in inventory.
Anyone else get this?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So I gave Warzone a try and I gotta say, it started it out clunky at first for me, but once I adjusted a bit more it became at least an enjoyable experience.

I still prefer Apex though for various reasons:

1. The movement is just godlike in Apex as compared to Warzone. Feels way more fluid. I always find myself to crouching to slide and nothing happens.

2. The parachute in Warzone is one of the most frustrating things for me to deal with. I much prefer the landing in Apex.

3. I thought the sound was bad in Apex. My gawd I get so confused when playing Warzone. Footsteps are so loud for my teammates, but an enemy can roll up on me and I don't hear them.

4. I guess I prefer the 'arcade like' feel to Apex's guns. To me they are much more easier to control.

5. Pinging system in Apex is so much better.

These are the main reasons. That's not to say that there aren't things in Warzone that are better. I still very much had a good time with it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dogfighting while freefalling in Warzone is so ridiculous that it almost feels like it should be in Apex. Seriously fun.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Dogfighting while freefalling in Warzone is so ridiculous that it almost feels like it should be in Apex. Seriously fun.

Definitely a lot of fun! Can feel a bit unfair at some point, but when it happens, it can really be a good laugh, especially since you're able to come back after the Ghoulag.

That said, I don't know if it's something expected from the dev, and I feel like it might be patch out of Warzone next update.

For Apex, even if we don't have gun, I wouldn't be against being able to punch someone in the air coming next to you when falling, could give opportunities for some really fun moments if you ask me!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I miss stuff from Apex like sliding down hills but Warzone has so much going for it that I just let that slide (no pun intended).

The big one for me is that I do not miss the bum rush, third partying aspect in Apex. The movement, including sliding down hills are all part of promoting this type of gameplay.In Warzone, there's no pathfinder to make zip lines straight into fights and there's no wraith portals. When you hear gunfire in Warzone you think it's close by but it's usually very far away so the idea of third partying becomes way harder.

I'm also enjoying Warzone's TTK and the health system more than Apex but that's a whole other discussion.
I appreciate that someone else in this thread shares my sentiments. I don't think Warzone is perfect, but its gameplay loop is far less frustrating than the third-party happy gameplay I seem to run into in damn near every Apex match I play. To hell with "it's part of the game" if you're doomed because of slow-paced healing and opportunists punishing you for awkward healing mechanics.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I would much rather deal with 3rd parties then insanely slow, super campy gameplay in Warzone. You can not hear the enemies in that game and you're getting shot at by snipers camping far away, you can't run, gun and have fast paced fun in the way that you can in Apex.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what's third party is in this content? You mean being engage by another team while you're already fighting one?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
In regular games just thirst someone, armor swap and you're ready for more.

Third parties are mostly a big problem in Diamond/Master/Pred lobbies where nobody misses, so if they catch you on low health/in a bad spot, you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.