• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Out of curiosity do you have any footage of you playing? What are your control settings? What guns are you leaning towards this season?

Controls are default except I use ALC, I switched from the 99 to the 301 for the first time this season and usually use a Flatline as a secondary.

I've posted clips of cool stuff I've done this season already, here's a bunch in one place again:

streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200212213340

Watch "Apex Legends_20200212213340" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200217125452

Watch "Apex Legends_20200217125452" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Watch Apex Legends_20200205173948 | Streamable

Watch "Apex Legends_20200205173948" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Watch Apex Legends_20200223125138 | Streamable

Watch "Apex Legends_20200223125138" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200302195158

Watch "Apex Legends_20200302195158" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200229220131

Watch "Apex Legends_20200229220131" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200302183921

Watch "Apex Legends_20200302183921" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200310210350

Watch "Apex Legends_20200310210350" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200312153433

Watch "Apex Legends_20200312153433" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200312182417

Watch "Apex Legends_20200312182417" on Streamable.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
After having so much fun with this game, I finally made it a priority to finish the campaign in Titanfall 2. Highly recommend it. These devs know how to make a great shooter.

The only reason I checked this game out at launch was because I had fun with Titanfall 2 online but sucked at it and couldn't do any of the crazy slingshot acrobatics people were pulling off. Glad I finally made it full circle.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
After having so much fun with this game, I finally made it a priority to finish the campaign in Titanfall 2. Highly recommend it. These devs know how to make a great shooter.

The only reason I checked this game out at launch was because I had fun with Titanfall 2 online but sucked at it and couldn't do any of the crazy slingshot acrobatics people were pulling off. Glad I finally made it full circle.
I own 2 because of PS+ but have not played it because 1 is unavailable for PS4. Maybe I'll watch a playthrough of 1 and then go through 2 when I'm done with my Apex season pass. If things keep going like they has been I'll probably have time for it.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This game has finally released its grip on me. Been playing other games all week and came back today for a couple of games. Had a decent game with 4 kills and 1K damage with a 3rd place finish, but I really wasn't feeling it and after that game I switched back to playing doom.

Probably not going to max out the BP this season. I'm currently sitting at level 60. Will definitely come back for the next event or map update.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I saw it mentioned before but I noticed it as well. It always feels after a long gap from playing, your first match back into Apex is a win.

I felt Apex would make you better in Blackout and now I feel after playing warzone for a few weeks it could help improve your Apex play. Warzones quick circle collapses from mid game on and leading to the final circles bring chaos. At first I thought the pacing was off but I feel it's (match pacing) is a little better in some way than Apex after playing it more. Early game can be slow but it really picks up with intensity from mid match on where Apex is inconsistent.

I wonder where Apex goes next? Pro scene seems fragmented with some of the more exciting players ready to move on; however at the launch of warzone the thread on the gaming side has tons of posters saying they will go back to Apex or prefer it over warzone. Majority of these posters never post in here (threads die in community). It just goes to show Apex has a massive community without cross play implemented. Mobile will be big when that occurs but outside of that what else? For me they really need to change up content and the schedule it's released. It feels it's the same thing each season at this point.

What's would folks like to see?:
  • Another new map
  • Changes with existing maps
  • Higher player count along with quads
  • More legends per season
  • Rank system overhaul
  • New guns not a sniper or package drop only
  • Quality of life improvments (like symbol next to teammate portrait showing ability/Ult availability)
  • Dropping with p2020 or Mozambique.
  • New game modes not necessarily BR like a plunder or control area mode.
Maybe I look at it wrong but if they keep this same cycle of content it's going to slowly lose players returning and popularity. They need bigger and unexpected changes. Currently the content is good but they are playing it safe with content.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Why do people love to land at Mirage's ship *that* much?
It's a small, overseeable space with relatively decent loot where one can get into a gunfight right at the beginning of the match. I guess that's one reason. Plus, it's also a rather easy pick, if one can't decide where to drop. Kinda like a mini Tilted Towers or Capital City.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I want improvements for netcode, weapon balance, character balance, loot, unusable iron sights for a start.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
  • Another new map
  • Rank system overhaul
  • Quality of life improvments (like symbol next to teammate portrait showing ability/Ult availability)
- Cross play, at least console only, if not all with input-based matchmaking.
- Massively improved net code and tick rate.
- LTMs every weekend, pull from all the previous modes and have one run every Friday to Sunday. This will probably satisfy a lot of people who want new permanent modes.
- Improved loot balance, I'm so so so tired of landing places and finding multiples of the same kinds of attachments and hop ups, but our team can't even find a single optic.
- Ultimate color change based upon teammate vs enemy. It makes dealing with Caustic, Bangalore, Gibraltar, etc so much more annoying when you have one on your team and you don't really know if it's a friendly ultimate/ability or not.
- Various legend buffs/nerfs. The one that has been discussed most between my group of friends is Lifeline. She should revive faster and/or revive players with partial health/shield, as well as her care packages should have the chance to drop gold-tier items (still no weapons).
- Actual legend stats pages, scrolling through badges as the only way to see your numbers is dumb.
- More cycling of care package weapons, it sucks having a weapon locked behind care packages for an entire season. Either change out that weapon (Kraber and Mastiff should stay there permanently) weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or bring the Devotion back into the standard pool and let any gold weapon be able to come from the care package.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I own 2 because of PS+ but have not played it because 1 is unavailable for PS4. Maybe I'll watch a playthrough of 1 and then go through 2 when I'm done with my Apex season pass. If things keep going like they has been I'll probably have time for it.
I think the first Titanfall was only on Xbox and also multiplayer only.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
It was three squads left for like 10 minutes, so fun when people play regular like ranked, refuse to fight and sit on high ground... But when them Mastiff shots hit, though.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Controls are default except I use ALC, I switched from the 99 to the 301 for the first time this season and usually use a Flatline as a secondary.

I've posted clips of cool stuff I've done this season already, here's a bunch in one place again:

streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200212213340

Watch "Apex Legends_20200212213340" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200217125452

Watch "Apex Legends_20200217125452" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Watch Apex Legends_20200205173948 | Streamable

Watch "Apex Legends_20200205173948" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Watch Apex Legends_20200223125138 | Streamable

Watch "Apex Legends_20200223125138" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200302195158

Watch "Apex Legends_20200302195158" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200229220131

Watch "Apex Legends_20200229220131" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200302183921

Watch "Apex Legends_20200302183921" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200310210350

Watch "Apex Legends_20200310210350" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200312153433

Watch "Apex Legends_20200312153433" on Streamable.
streamable.com

Apex Legends_20200312182417

Watch "Apex Legends_20200312182417" on Streamable.

Cool clips. Though, I don't think you play all that differently to how I do. I imagine it's just because I used to play with good team mates, but now I don't, whereas your experience has been the other way around, where you were playing alone, but now only play in a party. Plus I stopped playing for a whole season in Season 3, so I'm still learning the map in S4. When get back to Kings Canyon I have a much easier time again.

Also, I've been dabbling with Pathfinder recently too and honestly, in pubs he's just so much better than any other character. I think Path is hands down the best character in the game because he has the strongest aggressive options and also, probably the best disengage. It's kind of insane how good Path is. The grapple is so powerful, and underestimated by a lot of players that try to push you.

Wraith has had a significant nerf to the cooldown on her phase, and yet I think that Pathfinders grapple is a stronger disengage, while also offering more overall utility. It's especially strong on console, where the odds of someone hitting you while you're grappling around are quite low. As an Octane main (9300 kills on Octane now), it's kind of depressing. Paths grapple is better than my ultimate (grapple is faster, covers more distance, and has a less predictable arc). I'd really like to see some Octane buffs in the future.

What ALC settings are you using? I'm curious. I've messed with them in the past but never found anything that felt just right so I play on 5/4 classic.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a small, overseeable space with relatively decent loot where one can get into a gunfight right at the beginning of the match. I guess that's one reason. Plus, it's also a rather easy pick, if one can't decide where to drop. Kinda like a mini Tilted Towers or Capital City.
There has to be more because people seem *desperate* to go there. Ten squads are landing there? Better launch solo and go there.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Pathfinder is definitely a top tier Legend but I don't think he's hands down the best. Mobility is obviously amazing but his hitbox is pretty large, for instance. Wraith on the other hand is by far the hardest Legend to hit, has a get out of jail free card and portals. Even after the last nerf I'm pretty sure most consider her the best overall, almost everyone fighting over who gets to play her is why I never bothered using her that much (still have 2k kills/20 bomb with her though).

Octane is a garbage character with downright useless abilities and I've recently learned a broken hitbox, you can shoot above his head and it'll count as a headshot. Revenant is kinda similar, I've only used him for the first week and got 560 kills/54 wins. You obviously can kill and win with bad characters, but you're still at a disadvantage using them.

ALC wise I have lower vertical sens then horizontal, movement sens when I push the stick fully is very high and ADS sens is a bit higher then 4, which is what I was used to before.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Pathfinder is definitely a top tier Legend but I don't think he's hands down the best. Mobility is obviously amazing but his hitbox is pretty large, for instance. Wraith on the other hand is by far the hardest Legend to hit, has a get out of jail free card and portals. Even after the last nerf I'm pretty sure most consider her the best overall, almost everyone fighting over who gets to play her is why I never bothered using her that much (still have 2k kills/20 bomb with her though).

Octane is a garbage character with downright useless abilities and I've recently learned a broken hitbox, you can shoot above his head and it'll count as a headshot. Revenant is kinda similar, I've only used him for the first week and got 560 kills/54 wins. You obviously can kill and win with bad characters, but you're still at a disadvantage using them.

ALC wise I have lower vertical sens then horizontal, movement sens when I push the stick fully is very high and ADS sens is a bit higher then 4, which is what I was used to before.
Wraith's Into the Void can be telegraphed while it's not so simple with Pathfinder. Hitbox wise she definitely has the advantage though. Pathfinder's tactical can be used twice in the span of time it takes Wraith to use her one again. I definitely think Pathfinder is still the best overall Legend or at the very least equal to Wraith.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Caustic, Watson, Crypto or Revenant? Dont know who to unlock

I normally play as Lifeline if I can.
Caustic and Wattson are trap/defensive characters, Crypto is a recon/spy, Revenant kinda sucks but has a good grenade. It all comes down to what play style you prefer.

Crypto is great as long as your team "respects" you and allows you to hunker down and recon areas, while not abandoning you or just charging into to everything. Wattson's fences are nice, but her ultimate is great for late game countering of grenade spam even more than the shield recharge. Caustic's traps are frustrating to deal with for your enemies, but unfortunately also your teammates.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Lifeline needs an area in an upcoming map addition. Would love a massive hospital structure with a lot of rooms and floors. Throw in a basement morgue area as well.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
JustSurvive makes some great points. Personally I would tell you to listen to your heart. Look around maybe, see if you can get inspiration.
2434.jpg

lol, okay.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Wattson is by far the best character from the ones you have to unlock, in my opinion. Her abilities are not beginner friendly (to use effectively in a non-campy play style) but she's also the hardest one to hit out of the initially locked characters.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, go for the one that sounds the most interesting to you. I think JustSurvive gave a good picture on the legends.
For example, I know a lot of people that absolutely love Caustic - gassing people is a blast.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played since the whole Season 1 hitbox drama, but a friend wanted me to download it all again. Have they adjusted the hitboxes at all? Or are some characters still alot harder to hit than others?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played since the whole Season 1 hitbox drama, but a friend wanted me to download it all again. Have they adjusted the hitboxes at all? Or are some characters still alot harder to hit than others?

Not all hitboxes are the same but it's different now, Pathfinder is not as hard to hit as in Season 1, Gibraltar and Caustic have damage resistance since they're big and easy to hit, Wraith is still the hardest to hit etc.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Wraith is still small but the drama has always been overblown imo. They did make some adjustments.

Also, depending on how long it's been since you played, they did add damage modifiers to the smallest and largest heros.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not all hitboxes are the same but it's different now, Pathfinder is not as hard to hit as in Season 1, Gibraltar and Caustic have damage resistance since they're big and easy to hit, Wraith is still the hardest to hit etc.
Oh okay. So the bigger characters have bigger hitboxes still, but can take more damage. And the smaller characters are harder to hit but take more damage.

So I take it that it roughly evens out then?

Wraith is still small but the drama has always been overblown imo. They did make some adjustments.

Also, depending on how long it's been since you played, they did add damage modifiers to the smallest and largest heros.
I haven't played since they announced Octane. That was the last thing I saw. I haven't seen any patch notes, new Legends, or anything since then.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Some days, this game is a ton of fun and things flow so well

Other days, this game is a steaming turd and I wonder why I even play it. Today is one of these days.

The number of times I've shot first and emptied an entire magazine just to be downed and look at the recap which says something totally different is absurd. Can't believe they're still using these low-tick servers.

Also, my challenges this week were made for MLG sweaty try hards. Several times this week I called it a night early because the game is just not fun.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Reached Battle Pass Level 110. Hopefully I can make this like a: "OKAY NOW IT'S REALLY TIME TO PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME FOR ONCE PLEASE!" thing.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It's the first time I got a Battle Pass and I bought it with Apex Coins I got for free, which is neat because you end up with more Apec Coins than it costs.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I am at level 78 and I've just been playing the game normally. I haven't even bothered to check my weekly challenges. There's still like 40 days left in the BP. Definitely will be finished before then.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Last night I learned my iron sight Sentinel game is better than my optics Sentinel game.
Thank you, aim assist.

Oh, so I'm not the only one noticing this? Like, without optics, I'm almost always landing headshot with the Sentinel, from close to mid-range. But with optics? I'm almost always failing those headshot, I thought it was just bad luck, but maybe...

It's the first time I got a Battle Pass and I bought it with Apex Coins I got for free, which is neat because you end up with more Apec Coins than it costs.

Well, you're ending with 50 Apex coins more than what it cost... At this rate, you will have to wait 20 seasons to have it pay for a whole Battle Pass.

I mean, sure, you earn more, but it's quite a joke if you ask me. Fortnite on the other hand give you 600 Apex Coins equivalent each season, meaning every two seasons, you can buy a legendary skin, or a new battle pass "for free" on top of having the one you bought refunded.

Sure, Apex Battle Pass give you farming currency to buy a legendary skin from a given selection.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
This season is the first BP I've ever bought in any game. Up to level 70. I've been actively going for challenges, but not at a detriment to fun or teamplay.
Glad I gave it a try, but unless the next pass is really, really neat I'll probably save the space bux.

Oh, so I'm not the only one noticing this? Like, without optics, I'm almost always landing headshot with the Sentinel, from close to mid-range. But with optics? I'm almost always failing those headshot, I thought it was just bad luck, but maybe...
Yeah, I'm exclusively running this as a regular bolt action rifle from now on. It feels like laser precision with iron sights. Even the 1x ACOG throws me off.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
  • Another new map
  • Rank system overhaul
Maybe I look at it wrong but if they keep this same cycle of content it's going to slowly lose players returning and popularity. They need bigger and unexpected changes. Currently the content is good but they are playing it safe with content.

I got tired of Apex rather quick. I hopped back in because I upgraded my PC. While I definitely enjoy the gameplay, I find a lot of what surrounds the game lacks the potential I want in a BR game. My biggest issues are around the necessity of full squads, the horrendous third partying, the pacing, and the loot RNG.

Coming off Warzone, it feels like they completely nailed a lot of the issues of BR. They limit loot RNG, they create an in-game economy that gives players more control, they start players off with pistols, the action feels consistent, and due to combinations of TTK/map design, you dont feel so crippled if your team dies.

I wish Apex's map was somehow able to limit the third partying, but it seems impossible. I dont mind getting 3rd partied, but its just so easy to prey on players engaged in fights. I dont know why the game doesnt have some kind of siphon system for armour. The Evo Shield feels like an awesome addition that somewhat seems to do that, but its not exactly a direct response to 3rd partying.

I definitely want higher player counts because I feel this game doesn't feel like a big BR game. But more players dont fit with the existing maps, at least not Kings Canyon.

Pretty much yes to all of what you said.

I still think they can completely refresh the game with a solo mode that does the following:

-No Legends
-Introduce Pilots or some generic character
-Highly customizable (gender, race, robot, attire)
-Maybe start players with a Legend's passive at best, no ultimates or tactical, BUT make them pick up items for added gameplay variety
-Maybe too far, but bring back wall running

I know Im asking for a lot from Titanfall, but I really think the one area that hasn't been cornered by BR is something Apex already has, and that's something truly high speed, arena-based BR.

No being restricted by teammates, just full out freedom to run and gun.

Id also like to see them ape Warzone's cash system to use around spawn beacons so that you can buy weapons/attachments and limit the RNG.

I really think this needs to be its own cemented mode.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
SecondNature your post speaks to me as someone who played a lot of Titanfall 2.
I wouldn't hold anything against Respawn for trying things like that. I especially like the idea of generic Pilots as their own separate character/game mode.

On the flip side, Plunder is already like a giant game of Bounty Hunt... Mixing and matching ideas from different BR/MP games is fine, even if it seems to "dilute" the pool a bit at first glance.

And if we don't ever see more of a crossover between Apex and Titanfall, we're hopefully still getting a full-fledged Titanfall entry at some point. Again, doesn't necessarily have to be BR - just high adrenaline, high quality multiplayer (including the Titans themselves) on a massive scale. I'm picturing huge team-based ground wars with fleets of Titans battling it out across the "middle" of the map while Pilot skirmishes take place around the perimeter. Players able to switch between on-foot and Titan seamlessly by traveling between different parts of the map; each with their own objectives. Pilots can also pilot dropships, speeders, attack choppers, etc. for variety. I'm imagining something on the scale of Planetside, but much more immediately playable and with much less "global campaign" faff (if any).

...A guy can dream.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Not sure what you all are on about the sentinel with iron sights....shhh. Haven't played in a few days, considering I'm isolated at home here and have a lot of time on my hands, is proof the season should be ending right around now. We need a new map, new ideas for the BP, I'm just not motivated to go 30 levels without a loot tick and instead get a bunch of crap filler. Last time I had fun in Apex was the LTM where it was a new game mode every 2 days. The one with the dummies.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm up to about 35 wins this season, which is my best ever.

I'm not good, but I'm tenacious.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
First match in Plat after the split demotion, champ squad has the #1 and #4 Preds from before the split. One of them tried to flank us and I took him down but of course he had a gold knockdown and I got shot by five other people. Plat is bonkers right now.

Here's the fight in question:

They all shot at us but of course nobody thirsted my knock. :)

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only playing ranks this second split because it's on King's Canyon. I'm in Silver right now and it is such a huge difference between Silver and Diamond. Like danggg.

Status
Not open for further replies.