• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Whats the jump timing on that Patfinder zip escape at the end there where your catching that kind of air on it if you dont mind me asking? I can never hit those reliably, especially in the middle of a fight!

I guess you jump at the exact moment your grapple connects to where you were aiming at, I don't consciously think about it at this point, heh.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
It's been months since I've had a 20, first one on World's Edge, still got it I guess. Slightly edges out my previous highest damage game as well.

IwJJ8QD.png

Totally didn't die off rip with zero kills in the next four matches, no sir.

From the same match (a different one), some of sweetest Wingman shots I've pulled.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It's an interesting new feature how the game tells me after every Ranked match that I can't play Ranked because my Party members (I'm solo) have to be at least Level 10. Revolutionary new things from Respawn here.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's an interesting new feature how the game tells me after every Ranked match that I can't play Ranked because my Party members (I'm solo) have to be at least Level 10. Revolutionary new things from Respawn here.
You know what else sucks, and reminded me why I stopped playing ranked in the first half? When you disconnect because of the code:net/code:wheel or the game crashing and I get hit with a penalty unable to join lobbies. What else sucks is when I finally get in a match, my two teammates go down and quit, and I don't get any loss forgiveness.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
2 BP challenges based around getting top 5 ranked.

Like i want to play that fucking shitfest. "Ranked." More like wanked.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Anyone else getting the error code 100 when starting the game? I get it literally every time. Have to click reconnect at least 3 times before the game will finally load. This is on PS4.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
This started for me a few weeks ago, happens at least 90% of the time, but always connects on the second attempt.
Me and at least one friend experience this. It's not a huge deal, but it adds an additional five seconds every time you boot up the game.
True, at least it's an annoyance that only wastes a minute or two of my time. Not as bad as the grenade issue I'm still experiencing with having to manually go into my inventory to select a grenade to throw. It's gotten worse in that now it sometimes won't even show in the bottom right of my screen that I have a grenade at all, even if I have one in inventory. Bizarre and a pain during a fight.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
True, at least it's an annoyance that only wastes a minute or two of my time. Not as bad as the grenade issue I'm still experiencing with having to manually go into my inventory to select a grenade to throw. It's gotten worse in that now it sometimes won't even show in the bottom right of my screen that I have a grenade at all, even if I have one in inventory. Bizarre and a pain during a fight.
Yep, that started up for me last week and is completely random, beyond infuriating to have to deal with. Now I'm just constantly checking my grenade slot when I know I'm carrying.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The weapons in this game make no sense.

One game I fucking slay with the Hemlock and I think THIS IS IT THIS IS MY GUN.

The next 2 games I get a hemlock and just whiff everything. But oh man I absolutey destroyed someone with the Flatline. This is my gun now.

Next games I can't hit shit with it but goddamn the 301 is hitting different. This is the way.

Next game I can't do shit with it

and so on.

Cyclopsfire21

Oct 25, 2017

The next 2 games I get a hemlock and just whiff everything. But oh man I absolutey destroyed someone with the Flatline. This is my gun now.

Next games I can't hit shit with it but goddamn the 301 is hitting different. This is the way.

and so on.
Me and the wingman have a very toxic relationship.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

and so on.
I feel this way about the Hemlock specifically. Sometimes I wreck with it, but most times I can't hit for anything with it. Shame too because it's a powerful gun when its shots are hitting.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

and so on.

Attachments possibly making the difference? I've noticed early in matches after having a decked out gun in the previous match can be jarring. You don't anticipate the recoil and difference with sights.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Attachments possibly making the difference? I've noticed early in matches after having a decked out gun in the previous match can be jarring. You don't anticipate the recoil and difference with sights.
A Hemlock w/ a level 2/3 stabilizer, magazine and a 2x scope is just...UNF!

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
hadn't played ranked this season until this week so i've had a ton of fun the past two nights just wrecking the bronze tier match making on KC lol

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting back into this game and man, a good team makes such a fucking difference. A lot of my enjoyment has been hampered by terrible teammates, but Ive found and stuck with some players who are actually good and Im having so much more fun.

Teammates that stick together, make callouts, and most importantly, dont act like morons by rushing somewhere ALONE. This game is so critically dependent on having the whole squad rolling together. 2v3s are fine but 1v3s are just a death sentence. You guys have no idea how many games Ive played where we start fine, and then all of a sudden, a teammate is rushing a 1v3 without waiting for us. People have no patience in this game.

Won 3 games tonight, and Im having a lot of fun. My main issues with the game are still the 3rd partying and the general feeling that there just aren't enough players in this game (60 players still just feels too low for a BR for me). But those two dislikes kind of impose on each other. As a result games feel like they end too early or lack that intensity of end circle seen in other BR games. Theres less a gradual build up and more of a sudden abrupt end in this game.

Does anyone else think a Legend that does something like adding armour for each kill to deter 3rd partying will be added at some point?

Also what's the opinion on Legend Balance? It feels like the high mobility characters are still too necessary. Characters like Watson, or Caustic feel too gimmicky or situational to matter. Pathfinder, Wraith, and someone like Bangalore/Lifeline feel way too good just because of how useful the zipline/phase shift is. The Bloodhound buff is super nice, Mirage seems too weak, and I like Octane but he just feels like he falls out of favour compared to Pathfinder. He's also a pretty selfish operator ability-wise.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It's impressive, but somehow today the servers are the worst they have ever been in this game. It's a new kind of server lag as well, not the slow motion anymore, instead it's now just a slideshow.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's impressive, but somehow today the servers are the worst they have ever been in this game. It's a new kind of server lag as well, not the slow motion anymore, instead it's now just a slideshow.
I knew I couldn't be the only one. It's weird. Hard to describe. It's not rubberbanding but I it's very jittery.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I hope the explosive round leak is for S5, they look exciting. Rocket launcher, grenade launcher, maybe more.
It would certainly be a meta shake-up, but I can't say whether it'd be good or bad in the long run.

Explosive weapons are usually either useless or overpowered as fuck with very little inbetween. If anybody can strike the balance it's Respawn...but still.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
It would certainly be a meta shake-up, but I can't say whether it'd be good or bad in the long run.

Explosive weapons are usually either useless or overpowered as fuck with very little inbetween. If anybody can strike the balance it's Respawn...but still.

Didn't we just nerf all explosives by the backpack changes? LOL. Wasn't the point that they didn't want the rain of ordinance when someone's got a good strategic position indoors?

I mean 'nade launchers are fun, like you said lets see how it turns out though

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Just got third place with my brother who was about to get his first win (on top of Sniper's Ridge on a very small circle) and came across two full squads blatantly teaming...

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We were discussing something like that a few pages back. Explosive weapons would be a good way to move top-tier ranked games from camping within houses to something more aggressive. Titanfall has a ton of them already (they even teased the Sidewinder on Revenant's reveal animation).

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ever since the world went to shit I can't seem to get anywhere close to a win on this.

I'm in silver on ranked and I got put into a predator lobby, both my team mates had predator dive trails and the champion squad were a full team of predator 20 bombed badged players....

I mangaged to somehow get 600 damage and a couple of kills and my team mates got 1k each... After the match I recived a PM from one of them calling me 'fucking useless'..

Im not sure what's happening.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Like I'm gonna read PMs people send me. Pfft.
That said, not really doing well lately, too, but that's maybe just a string of bad luck and bad decisions.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I've been having a decent amount of wins playing on King's Canyon since the ranked reset. Every now and then I hop back into World's Edge for q change of pace.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Ever since the world went to shit I can't seem to get anywhere close to a win on this.

I'm in silver on ranked and I got put into a predator lobby, both my team mates had predator dive trails and the champion squad were a full team of predator 20 bombed badged players....

I mangaged to somehow get 600 damage and a couple of kills and my team mates got 1k each... After the match I recived a PM from one of them calling me 'fucking useless'..

Im not sure what's happening.

Easy they didn't play the first season spilt and got reset down twice. They would still have the dive trail since it's technically from the previous season. Not sure if a mid season rank reset for a new map was smart or needed.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Got my first win in Season 4! I lucked out and got two really good teammates last night. We ended up way outside the first circle and then just made our way to the center of the final circle while only encountering two teams the entire time. Crazy lucky game.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm uninstalling. The game was for a while but the matchmaking has ruined a game thst had a lot of potential and it's been months since I enjoyed myself.

It's near unplayable now, matches that are fun are under 5 percent of the games. It's just moron teammates while you play against preds in casual or slightly smarter teammates against even more preds in ranked. Just garbage.

I'm guessing what's happened is that Apex has had the usual BR thing of most casual players getting tired of it in time and moving on, but the SBMM debacle has hurried them on significantly quickly. To the point where it's been left as a terrible experience for the average player, and we'll never know if the SBMM got fixed or not, because all that's left is a legion of sweatfests. Of all the ways I expected to go off the game, respawn just unleashing a system to make the game less fun for everyone wasn't what I expected.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, this game has to be up there with some of the worse match making I've ever experienced in a game.

The mid-season reset was a really bad idea. Why not just rotate between the two maps? Or why not just keep everyone at the same level when they changed to KC.

I played with a friend earlier who is new to the game and has just made it to silver rank, and we're getting matched with predator players....we ended up turning the game off to play warzone.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I think what's kept me playing the last season and a half is good memories of the game at its best. I didn't ay at all last week and didn't really feel much desire to come back. But I did anyway and just... Maybe one game in ten was something other than a waste of time? Thanks for the good times at least.

Warzone is still in the fun phase at least but perhaps nows a good time to finally grab BFV.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I feel I would have stopped playing already if I played Ranked, but Quick Play can still keep me coming back far more than I'd like. I just hope that Mount&Blade 2 Bannerlord can finally stop me playing Apex.

ThisIsMyLife

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 16, 2020
England
I've been thinking about this game and it's biggest strength could is it's biggest weakness also.

I think I'm on 1100 wins, 300 wins this season. I play with a great squad and we all have between 3 to 5kd. I win one in every 4 games, 25% win rate and I believe I'm now at 30% win rate. The reason why I'm saying this is because whenever I play this game, it matches me with the 4k and 20 kill badges squads, with 30 to 50k kills. It doesn't even faze me anymore. I think I understand this game on a very very minute and technical level. So I'm sure I have experience on what I'm about to say.

In my honest opinion. This game as a whole is 'too' competitive. It's too hard to learn and too difficult to hold a causal base for long. This is also why games like Titanfall fail to hold the casual audience. Like why is this game putting some of you guys, with your 1 to 1.5kd to be matched against the guys that have 30k to 50k kills? It's unfair to be matched against players who dedicated all their free time to this game (someone like me for example).

Basically I feel like the game has like 4 hidden tiers:
1 - kd of 0.1 to 0.5. Less than 300 average damage.
2 - kd of 0.5 to 0.7/1 less than 500 average damage.
3 - kd of 0.5 to 1 average damage between 500 and 1000 per game
4 - kd of 1+. Damage over 500

Most of the very causal base (not you guys) are in 1 and 2. Some are in 3 but most of you guys are in 4. Now believe it or not the game doesn't have really high ranked people, so the pool of players in group 4 isn't a lot, it just means that your the bottom of the barrel and it's a very very tough climb. Now if Respawn decide to implement the S3 SBMM that would be hell because that was basically another group of the best of the best.

Now think of this. The game makes you stroke your ego so much. The badges, the stats, the trackers, everything to show off how badass you and your squad are..I bet deep down Respawn regret having all these trackers to show as a champion squad or when you get killed by then. Because it annoys you. You start the game already annoyed and angered that the squad champion have 4k and 20k badges, it annoys you that you got killed by a Octane who has 35,000 kills. "Why is he in my lobby!?" You think to yourself. Because simply put theres not enough people to go around the fill up Group 4. Which means you'll most likely get killed over and over and over again by the people who have a 25 to 40% win rate. It's simple statistics I'm guessing.

That's why Warzone has done the opposite. It's very easy to play it, it's very easy to get kills, it's very easy to camp a a roof. You die? Who cares go have fun in a 1 v 1. Your friends can buy you back, is basically cods formula or live die repeat. Expect it's on steroids for battle royale.

Apex Legends competitiveness of being this highly skilled hard to pick up and master may actually be it's downfall.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I've mostly been playing Warzone and other games (Apex is still my #1) lately, but I played a single match of Apex before with one of my buddies. Idk if it's because we did a ranked queue, but my gold ranked Gibraltar teammate had more game sense and general skill than every single random we've had in Warzone combined. That was some truly remarkable stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.