• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd actually prefer if the game had that kind of art style the first video shows.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
l4sxbl1fpqa01.jpg

Oct 31, 2017
The map changes look pretty good. I'm excited and hopeful for tweaks to the gameplay/meta. Hopefully the patch will really help with the game stability and truly iron out some of the annoying issues that have hung around with the game too.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I'm upset about the sudden end of season 1 that I couldn't get the 110 rank reward, but I'll be looking forward to this

OP
OP
VoidPlot

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not digging that Octane skin like the others but I believe it'll grow on me. Love the changes !

Bridges is gonna be a trip to get used to now

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its funny how they just one shotting every body in the trailers in actuality you shooting somebody 2-3 times over while tryna figure out where the teammates at lol

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit Respawn this upsets me
I want to LOVE Apex but the issues that pop up after every patch makes it difficult! Game/server performance continues to deteriorate! Please fix your game!

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Gonna see how the EXP for everything shakes out first. S1 (EDIT: the battlepass) required a ton of playtime that I just couldn't devote to the game. The extras they gave out in the end of season event helped a bit but I didn't even come close to 100.

The new map stuff looks fun.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Looking great and hyped for this new season to start.

Edit: Was dumb about the second video unavailability

OP
OP
VoidPlot

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna see how the EXP for everything shakes out first. S1 (EDIT: the battlepass) required a ton of playtime that I just couldn't devote to the game. The extras they gave out in the end of season event helped a bit but I didn't even come close to 100.

The new map stuff looks fun.

The season 1 pass was all about time. the longer you survive the bigger the EXP you get for the pass.

During EaPlay they said the Battlepass for season 2 will be Challenged based . It'll be much quicker to gain levels and if you miss whatever week of challenges , they stack so you can complete all of them at once if you like!

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
I really hope they get ranked mode right, and weigh things other than placement. Elite mode was ok, but people can just chill and play safe till top 5.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Got loads of wins in Season 1, but I quit about three weeks ago. Joined some friends and had a blast the other day, but not sure I can daily this anymore. These crack type games take up way too much time, and people lose track of everything else they like in life.

This does look cool. The new meta changes for guns look really good too. We'll see how it goes. I don't want one game to take over my life. Lag and tickrate have been/are horrible too.

Funny how I say that when I look at guys with like 50k kills at the top of the leaderboard. It makes me sick to think people would do nothing else with their life but play one video game. It makes me just wanna take it slow like I am now. Just pop in for a few games now and then with a good squad. Quitting this I beat Hollow Knight, been reading some Twain and Lovecraft, been going for runs, and found time to watch a bunch of Altman movies and put time into other games. Sometimes when you start these damn games up it just all disappears, and I'm not quite sure for what.

Of course it's fun, but is it 6 hours a day fun lol? Nah. Quitting Rocket League a long time ago was amazing for my life. I don't want this to become a Warhawk-type game for me ha.

Now if they remastered Warhawk... :(

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Ranked!! Finally. I jumped into it but the Apex Legends thing is a sorry excuse for a more competitive mode.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks great! I only hope that with the flying creatures, the dinos stomping you and all this is gonna become a gimmicky mess like Fortnite where there's portals, gravity changes, odd vehicles, constant flying, etc. that turn the game into an absolute chaos with little strategy. Apex Legends is very strategic and skill-based as of now, let's hope that doesn't change.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would update the tick rate and give the servers a really healthy upgrade. Worst netcode for a shooter on the market :(

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Wish they would update the tick rate and give the servers a really healthy upgrade. Worst netcode for a shooter on the market :(

Sadly, it is true. It's like playing a Naught Dog game in MP with tickrate. I still remember TLOU and loved it, but dear god I can't do that anymore. Apex isn't quite that bad, but it has gotten worse over time not really better. Concerning. But they say they are working on getting a patch out for S2. I know they are testing on PC. We'll see.