• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure just about half who play get past Father G and then it drops off a cliff after the Vicar. However I think the high platinum rate is that if you do stick with it chances you will try to go all the way and platinum it.

I do like trophy pops and am not against them but I have no desire to platinum games either, I think I have 4 and Bloodborne is the only one I tried for and it was the exact reason I stated in my first paragraph, once I knew I was in for the long haul I felt I wouldn't be able to say I mastered it until I had the platinum (and the sweet, sweet platinum holder only theme).

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We know it sold 2+ million on US alone, so the game did WAY better than I thought (I thought it was at 3 million LTD max worldwide). It is probably 4+ million right now, if not 5 million.

Which is honestly an INCREDIBLE result.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
I bought Bloodbourne, started it up. Died for 2 hours and didn't touch the game for over a year. Randomly went back to it and made the game into my bitch. Was a good time, then I tried dark souls and those games are still not for me.

I loathed the first Dark Souls game, but Dark Souls 2 was the only time the series ever clicked for me (and even then I dropped it near the end); you think I would have learned after buying Bloodbourne (and the very nice guide) and never playing more than 2 hours, but nope, still bought Dark Souls 3 and put another 2 hours into that. This is one of those franchises where there is a very vocal group online saying "best series ever" or "these games are great", but even as someone who was a fan of From's older games (especially the Armored Core series), I just don't get the hype. I know people who have gotten a platinum in every soulsbourne game, put hundreds of hours into each one and I just can't comprehend it. If I want difficult I'll try and 1cc some danmaku shmups, because this series is just frustrating not fun.

Still I have them sitting on my shelf and very much want to try going back to Bloodbourne and see if it can finally "click" for me, even if I doubt both will ever happen.