• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Credit to KtSlime for finding this.

If you take a look at the EULAs on Bandai Namco's website: https://www.bandainamcoent.co.jp/cs/kiyaku/eula/

It lists a bunch of games with EULAs.

Using the way back machine, here is the earliest screenshot I could find from July 2018:
Screenshot_20190402-1636312.png

There's a huge gap with screenshots taken so here is the most recent one from March 2019:
Screenshot_20190402-1637492.png

Update:

Nope.

Screenshot_20190402-2149562.png

Last edited:

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's cool if this isn't a mistake. But the game itself has been missing for months, wonder what happened.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
That game hilariously ghosted. I really wonder why. It looked like garbage imo, but I'm sure there are a ton of people who would have bought it.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Good. The more, the merrier.

Seems like the game got delayed to accommodate Switch porting too, besides the obviously needed polishing.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Still waiting to see this re-appear. What I played of it at E3 last year was... worrying, to say the least. Hope they improved things.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it comes to Switch, I'll get it just for the edgy aesthetics. It's over the top enough it becomes good. Also looks like one of the few games that really feels like a random seasonal anime.

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
didnt they decid to delay the game for
1) improve it, it was really lack luster so far
2) avoid the heavy release season
??

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it should be a no-brainer decision from Bandai Namco. Their support for the system has ramped up considerably and a game like this just makes sense for the audience, both in Japan and the west.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Given GE3 lacklustre performance, Sekiro releasing, it makes kind of no sense to stick with their current trajectory hoping for the best. Releasing the game on the best selling gaming device theyve barely supported seems like basic decision especially since there's a huge hole in the genre on Switch.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
didnt they decide to delay the game for to
1) improve it, it was really lack luster so far
2) avoid the heavy release season
??
That's the rumor/spin people like to spread, but really the official reason is they got so much positive feedback and praise for the game when they've shown it off that they felt there was potential to "exceed expectations even further." They really think it can be a serious souls competitor with a wider audience that they want to really go the extra mile to try and make it happen.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the game is still coming to Xbox, but Bamco probably isn't going to release the Xbox port in Japan. With how many delays the game has, wouldn't surprise me if they decided to add Switch as a platform during this.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bamco had to make good after messing up the Dark Souls Switch launch.

Anime Souls on Switch sounds like a good idea though.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
What are the chances of this just being a typo? I find it strange that they would remove the XB1 version. On the other hand, if this is Japan-specific, then maybe they simply aren't planning to release it on XB1 in Japan anymore? Still, it's a strange situation to me...

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That explains a whole lot, tbh I kinda had a feeling when they delayed the game by so long when they looked close-ish to being done

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly forgot this game existed, lol.

It looks really bad so I'm going to pass on it personally but I'm glad it's on the Switch for those interested in it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I mean, games do tend to improve during development.
Absolutely. However, this got announced ages ago and it doesn't help that they're leaning super hard on the "remember that one game FromSoftware made that one time" train despite it looking worse than other Souls clones like The Surge. It's this awful mix of God Eater + Souls and I'm not a fan of it at all. Weightless combat (this really bothered me with God Eater), boring enemy and environment design, impactless animations, extremely poor feedback and linear areas instead of the large, interconnected, labyrinthine and seamless world we're used to with From games.

It's just weak that Bandai Namco come out with a game like this straight after their Dark Souls deal is done with From. Reeks of desperation but what do I know.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely. However, this got announced ages ago and it doesn't help that they're leaning super hard on the "remember that one game FromSoftware made that one time" train despite it looking worse than other Souls clones like The Surge. It's this awful mix of God Eater + Souls and I'm not a fan of it at all. Weightless combat (this really bothered me with God Eater), boring enemy and environment design, impactless animations, extremely poor feedback and linear areas instead of the large, interconnected, labyrinthine and seamless world we're used to with From games.

It's just weak that Bandai Namco come out with a game like this straight after their Dark Souls deal is done with From. Reeks of desperation but what do I know.

It was announced two years ago, hardly ages ago in this time and age of games.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I understand this correctly that both of the screenshots in the OP are from the japanese Bamco site, yes? If Code Vein wouldn't release for XOne in Japan, it's strange that it was listed to begin with, and if there is a Switch port, it shouldn't be there instead of XOne, but as an additional entry. Imo.

I'll go with a typo.

I think I recall last seeing it around the time of Gamescom.

Maybe i just didn't see it, but iirc Code Vein wasn't in the public area where Bamco had their booth, and it wasn't in MS' third party area at their booth. That's at GameCom 2018.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
If this is a typo then they made massive changes to the Xbox EULA since it's only 458kb now.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
What's Mass Soul Encore?

Thats what I was wondering as well. Very interesting.

Yep, i'm more excited to know what this is to be honest. Code Vein didn't look so hot base on previews, they're probably rehauling it

The sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn.

https://encore.katamaridamacy.jp

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I remember reading that it was initially delayed because a Switch port was planned but eventually scrapped. It'd be great if it pans out one way or another.