• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 30, 2018
So I'm browsing Facebook and this pops up and honestly it reads like a total like

Like... what

zFzVM84.jpg

kmFPzKN.jpg

Csnjfw8.jpg

Let's not forget dude wipes too

DW-CE_DW-30_900x.jpg

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the look of the product itself more, but that marketing and the feedback from customers reads like a parody.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I will not buy this unless there's an 8 minute clip of Jonathan Ives telling me why i need this!

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I like Duke Cannon products but their marketing can get a little cringey with this kind of shit sometimes.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
smart move for them

not like there isn't a market for this product. what else are they gonna do? compete with Big Air Freshener?

i see no problem with this

Oct 27, 2017
Someone left it in a rental car I had. It's pretty good imo, my wife uses it lol I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but I never would for any air freshener

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Ok... if they marketed this better I could see a market for something that doesn't hang from your mirror, looks a little nicer, and doesn't smell like the restrooms from gas stations (like the scents they use to mask it). They don't need all that "manly smell" stuff, it's a good idea without it. But makes it a joke when they add in that whole manly crap.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Where is the pink one for girls?
How can I tell that this one is expressly for men if there's no hot pink version for women?
You think I'm gonna risk buying something that could be perceived as a unisex product?
Think again

I mean come on, its not even BLACK, and they're marketing this to MEN? Lmao

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I mean it makes sense. Products are created and marketed to fill a certain niche or to attract a specific kind of consumer. This is no different than things that are made and marketed for children or women in my opinion.

That being said the advertising itself is hilariously bad lol also who says my hanging tree is tacky? My hanging tree is awesome.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
You're saying men that buy Dude Wipes are emotionally stunned? What is wrong with you people?
I like how you continue to double down on your original stupid point and try to switch the topic to what is not the main point of the thread (air fresheners for men who seek to be sexier). Take that L boi.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
If I had a sense of smell and if it were not a ridiculous subscription service and i might buy that thing.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I like how you continue to double down on your original stupid point and try to switch the topic to what is not the main point of the thread (air fresheners for men who seek to be sexier). Take that L boi.
Switch the topic? IT'S WHAT YOU LITERALLY WROTE IN YOUR QUOTE. God, you people astound me.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Do people really think the only kind of car fresheners that existed before this were the tree kind? There are already ones that clip like in your vents or wherever else. Gendered air fresheners....

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Switch the topic? IT'S LITERALLY YOUR QUOTE. God, you people astound me.
So it's confirmed that you lack critical reading skills. Since my quoted post is addressing how marketing air fresheners to men who want to be sexier is essentially marketing it to emotionally stunted men. That is OP's main point of this thread and he brings up other examples of similar marketing as additional context. You trying to imply my post is simply about Dude Wipes is laughable.

Take that L boi and stop trying to be edgy.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Silly marketing campaign, but I would like a car air freshener that doesn't have that nostril burning oily smell.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I was thinking

You're that insecure you can't have something hanging from your mirror and it has to be hard manly wood instead?
It's not so much a matter of can't, to me it looks more appealing to insecure men who want to feel more manly with wood. It's like those beard balms or body washes for men that all advertise wood scents. Helps the fragile man feel like a manly woodsman.

Personally prefer charcoal and lavender scents. I like to feel like I'm laying on a bed of flowers next to a volcano.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
You lack critical reading skills too? Since my quoted post is addressing how marketing air fresheners to men who want to be sexier is essentially marketing it to emotionally stunted men. That is OP's main point of this thread and he brings up other examples of similar marketing.

Take that L boi and stop trying to be edgy.
I find your language disrespectful. Peace

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing a tweet that said you could sell anything to insecure straight men if you claim it cures ED.

It's like RGB for gamers.

Oct 29, 2017
I dont see how this is much different from the different gender marketing for everything else. i.e. soaps, shampoo, shave gel, razors etc. Its all the same shit but you get "for men" or "for women" plastered all over it and a color palette swap.

On a broader note...clean your fucking car, thats why it smells like shit in the first place.