• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

Never mind that "Jojo reference" pic, but I was surprised they could do that. A very first step for prevent the spoilers, I think?

EDIT: Just a bit heads up and avoiding click on the tweet.

Last edited:

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I know they can't get everything but I got spoiled by shit on YouTube and stuff that was up for days/weeks according to upload times.

But now they're going for shit that's up on a game that's out? Kinda odd.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Be aware that this is the TLJ of gaming. Do not engage with any social media for this game, it is all utterly trash and beyond toxic, the best of the best of alt-right bigots

indexg7kub.png

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
They deserve it. I don't have any empathy for those losers especially considering they've been spreading fake spoilers rather than playing the game themselves or waiting before judging

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
This won't end well. This will only cause more spoilers for TLoU2 and other games in the future, now done in greater numbers on purpose to spite Naughty Dog. You can't DMCA the entirety of the internet.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
weird they have "power" to do that but whatever i guess. face value i won't begrudge it

Jul 4, 2019
As dragonbone said, be prepared for another Last Jedi. Vitriol, homophobia, transphobia, and misogyny are going to be rampant while actual criticism will be lost.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
The game is already out with full playthroughs all on YouTube. Why do this now?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Not 4Chan but 8Chan for what I've been reading on Twitter.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
The game is fully able to be shared with spoilers and all today. Been watching Cohh play it and he says he can play the whole thing. Seems odd to do this today? Unless it's a fake SS.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Not 4Chan but 8Chan for what I've been reading on Twitter.
Well that makes this move even more worthless. 8chan's traffic is a fraction of 4chan's /v/, and /v/ been airing open spoilers about the game for months. Naturally it has kicked up several notches in the past 48 hours.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh... I hate the people that are spoiling the game but this is borderline censoring. What if Sony just started DMCAing every post with a negative opinion?

plastic love

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 19, 2019
I don't understand how you can DMCA an entire site? 4Chan aren't under embargo, are they?

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am so happy that I just remembered that the Last of Us 2 is coming out tonight. I managed to avoid all the spoilers and completely forget about the game and now it's downloading.

This turned out to be a long night.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Whatever you think of 4chan it's messed up that a company can abuse copyright laws to do something like this. It's literally just people talking about the game at the end of the day.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Oof that's a mistake. I think this gonna poison a lot of discussions about future PS games and pretty much guarantee targeted spoilers

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Oof that's a mistake. I think this gonna poison a lot of discussions about future PS games and pretty much guarantee targeted spoilers

I don't think spoilers are the problem here (the whole internet has them), is more the bigotry that crossed the line because it's 4chan

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Like my thoughts on violence and punching Nazis, this is something I'm generally against but willing to make an exception for.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Any company trying to play nice/appease/not piss off the 4chan crowd in 2020 is losing.

"I know they post a lot of racist/homophobic/transphobic/anti-Semitic slurs and hate speech when discussing the game but its a slippery slope."

Game spoilers are being talked about on the entire internet. The fact that Sony didn't want their game associated with 4chan in this climate makes sense. Context matters folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.