Irmavep

Oct 27, 2017

FTzYoG-X0AEyPLr

So Rocky died on the way back to his home planet.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
And the guy who broke the news? You guessed it, Frank Stallone!

I'll take that source with a grain of salt.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
I'm pretty sure Sly said he was done during the promotional campaign for Creed 2. Then he made a whole farewell statement to Rocky very shortly after.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
stalone said in 2021 that he wouldnt be coming back for Creed 3

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I'll wait to see what Sly has to say. I'm pretty sure he was signaling after the first film he was ready to bow out.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I thought that Stallone himself said he wasn't going to be involved in Creed 3. I guess there was some drama involved.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
God forbid the baton gets passed to a new generation of actor+director.

Oh no, Rocky isn't completely responsible for every aspect of the 3rd CREED movie, bomba!

If Stallone already was distancing himself I don't see why Frank is getting so hot and bothered about it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Frank Stallone had an interesting background. That being kind.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Did he insist on sole writing/directing credit?

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Rocky had a good ending in Creed II.

And in Creed I.
And in Rocky Balboa.

Just...stop.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The screenshot shows it being liked by Sly's Instagram but can't find it on the post itself or in Sly's insta likes

So either it's an edit... or he liked accidentally and unliked, or liked and unliked intentionally

Also yes this is what spin-offs often eventually do

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
This just sounds he's upset his brother isn't in it and he doesn't know anything at all regarding this third movie

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm unsure of Creed III, he beat the son of the man who killed his father.

Kinda feels like his story is done?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how good this film is, but it seems to be directed by a guy who might know the Rocky story has been concluded 3-4 times already.

He's not going to make Rocky 5 at least.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
It's a Creed movie, why is he going on and on about Rocky? He got a good send off, im sure if Stallone wants another Rocky movie someone would allow him to make it. Maybe one last match Rocky vs the Nature Boy or just call him Space Mountain.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I think Creed is easily a Top 20 all-time movie for me.

I liked Creed II, but I think he lost his edge, his eye of the tiger if you will. Didn't feel like the ultimate underdog that this franchise strives on.

They rushed him to winning the title too soon. That should've ended the movie. Felt like it was trying to teach the lessons of Rocky III but this time he wins lol

Cautiously optimistic.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Creed 2 had a perfect ending that provided closure for both characters, and it feels like another Creed movie runs the risk of turning the series into shlock, like the original Rocky franchise.

But to be fair, the first Creed movie sounded like a bad idea at the time as well. But still, getting a movie in the rocky franchise without rocky himself feels wrong.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Rocky as a character had the perfect send-off three separate times in the last three films.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to see a movie with Rocky dying on screen for some arbitrary drama.