• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sony really had no idea what they were doing with this thing, I guarantee it will be hacked wide open within a month.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony really had no idea what they were doing with this thing, I guarantee it will be hacked wide open within a month.
of course they didn't, because it's pretty much obvious that they had little to do with the whole project. this was likely outsourced, and is like an officially licensed bootleg product.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
these are all settings just hidden from "normal" users. nothing has been modded yet.

emphasis on the yet tho ^.^

Fair, but either Sony do things properly or with documentation actually allow the end user easily to access these settings.

And by easy you all know what I mean. You shouldn't have to stumble across Tech Joe on YouTube letting you know how to fix your PS Classic. Menu should be accessible with a controller.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Well it is something, but it's not gonna convince me into getting this... I already run emulators on the PC and Mac I don't need this at all plus it's quite expensive for a cheap ps1.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So you can change it to NTSC and it works?
That's bad if true (for sony pr, good for costumers)

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
If changing to NTSC and save states actually work, this is pretty huge. Those were 2 of my bigger gripes.

disconaldo

Oct 25, 2017
Sony deserves to take shit for all this, sure. But I didn't cancel my preorder, so I'm still happy to hear this.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't get, how would you be able to change for ntsc, if the games themselves are pal? How does this work?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going to bed and my internet is capped downloading some things - does it actually show them trying to run NTSC tekken for example? Curious if it actually handles it.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't the ISOs the PAL version though which would result in graphical glitches when speed up through NTSC option? That's at least what happened when you tried to speed up some NES PAL roms. Some would run ok but some were unplayable or resulted in a graphical mess.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of if this works or not games will still be running worse than on your PC emulator or your OG console anyway.