• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you treated an ipad pro like they do in that promo it would be fucked within weeks if not days

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Honestly, I want an iPad but can't get one until they add multi-user support (and I will complain about it until the end of time, if I need to).

It would be a device for the household, and it's just an impractical mess for it to be set up for one person. Just ridiculous.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah that keyboard price is absurd and only an idiot would pay it, but I guess I am fool easily parted with his money because I am definitely getting it. The fixed angles of the current Smart Keyboard Folio are never quite right for me, so this cantilevered adjustable thing is great. Also real backlit keys. I use my iPad Pro so much both as a tablet and a laptop-like device, so insane price or not it'll be worth it.

My main concern is the current Smart Keyboard for 12.9" is already pretty heavy at 407g (14.4 oz). It adds significantly to the iPad's weight. I can only assume this new Smart Keyboard is even heavier.

Then again, the reason why I love my iPad Pro is portability and cellular connectivity, and society will probably collapse post-COVID so none of that even matters...

Last edited:

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you treated an ipad pro like they do in that promo it would be fucked within weeks if not days
yep

i feel like the iphone 11 one was realistic, i've chucked my phone around and put it in pockets with other stuff and not worried, but i can tell just by holding my pro 2018 that it would not survive the same abuse

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I think they are pricing the keyboard so high as they really consider it to be a viable option to a MacBook now so they don't want any cannibalization so they are letting prices roughly the same between the two.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
just saw a video of the keyboard... pretty cool how it holds the screen up hovering.

but... is that the only angle you can keep the screen at? I haven't seen it any other way. I also wonder how well it will work on a lap.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing that an update is coming for older iPads to get mouse support makes this less of a priority for me, my 10.5" Pro will still hold me for another couple years. my attention has turned to the new MacBook Air...

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone find any footage of the angles being adjusted with the Magic Keyboard? The marketing material all seems to be at one angle, same for the first look The Verge got

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeaaaaaaaaa I'm not really feeling that A12 processor...
Surely they could've taken an A13, overclock it, and call it an A13X, no?

Sigh. Feels rushed. No mini-led or micro, whichever.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing that an update is coming for older iPads to get mouse support makes this less of a priority for me, my 10.5" Pro will still hold me for another couple years. my attention has turned to the new MacBook Air...

I wonder if we'll get the same mouse support with a BT mouse? Or if it'll be the same accessibility mode there is now?

Sigh. Feels rushed. No mini-led or micro, whichever.

My conspiracy theory is they rushed the announcement as they know people are getting stimulus checks. I think originally they may have been released next month.

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look like there's any reason to upgrade my 2018 11in. Meh.

Keyboard looks dope though. More expensive than I'm willing do for a keyboard though.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The keyboard is overpriced but I got a good feeling it's going to at least be built well. Need this now

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
i might end up getting that logitech keyboard for my 10.5 inch pro if it reviews well and the new touchpad support is well-implemented.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
How much do we expect the 2018 iPad Pro to go down in price? Really want one for drawing purposes.
Probalby 10-15% but you can get a refurbished one for $550/700 for the 11/12.9 right now and that price will go down soon.
Can they price something normally for once? Just once.

There's always the apple tax. Just wait a couple months or buy inevitable chinese knockoff on Amazon for 1/4 the price?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I entered in the serial number of my 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch to see what the trade in value was, they couldn't even find it. In any case, I selected 12.9 inch and they said 230 dollars is what they'd trade it in for, LOL. Get real.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'd use that trackpad all the time, but alas my 2017 10.5" Pro is fine for everything I do.

i might end up getting that logitech keyboard for my 10.5 inch pro if it reviews well and the new touchpad support is well-implemented.
Huh, I'll keep an eye out on this. I have the Apple keyboard, but I'd really love to have a trackpad along with it. I got it used for $70 early last year, so I wouldn't feel that bad replacing it.

I entered in the serial number of my 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch to see what the trade in value was, they couldn't even find it. In any case, I selected 12.9 inch and they said 230 dollars is what they'd trade it in for, LOL. Get real.
Yeah, Apple's trade in prices are a joke. Last time I went with Best Buy, not sure how they fair nowadays.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just somehow forbgot the price until I went to the site to preorder. Then I saw it in real liefe and I literally said "naaaaw" out loud.

$350

Three hundred and fifty dollars....

As another poster said, it's almost $100 more expensive than a new iPad.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who just bought an old 11 inch Pro, I'm glad nothing in this new one interests me at all. Dodged a bullet.

I am interested in the makeup of the new keyboard keys though, it looks like they're segmented like a regular keyboard instead of molded into the cover like the last one. I wonder if that means they'll have much better travel and feedback, since the last keyboard didn't feel good to me.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
My iPad Pro 2018 is as close to perfect hardware out of any electronics right now. This seems even better, so I doubt anybody will feel buyer's remorse buying this. Exceptional design and engineering. I don't use my iPad for productivity much, so the keyboard is useless for me.

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
The price of this with the keyboard...I guess it comes down to whether you want a laptop with iPadOS or macOS.

But I'm in the market for a new laptop. Guess I'll see how reviews shake out for this and the new Air.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
9to5mac.com

All 2020 iPad Pro models feature 6GB of RAM, same U1 chip as iPhone 11 - 9to5Mac

Apple today introduced the fourth-generation iPad Pro with a new camera setup and the A12Z Bionic chip. While we know the...

6GB of RAM in all models, not just the 1TB.

Not in the article but also price drops all around. Base is the same (but doubles from 64GB to 128GB), the 256GB and 512GB models are $50 cheaper, the 1TB model is $250 cheaper

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
I like that they are updating IPadOS with mouse support. I love my iPad Pro and don't see a reason to get a new one.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
I'm still on a 9.7 inch iPad Pro from a few years ago and am thinking of upgrading to this model, but can't decide between the 11 or the 12.9 inch.

12.9 seems a bit too big and unwieldy, but I'm afraid 11 may not feel like much of an upgrade.

I use my iPad Pro mostly for drawing, but portability is important. Has anyone upgraded from an 9.7 to 11 inch? Did you find the extra space was significant?

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on a 9.7 inch iPad Pro from a few years ago and am thinking of upgrading to this model, but can't decide between the 11 or the 12.9 inch.

12.9 seems a bit too big and unwieldy, but I'm afraid 11 may not feel like much of an upgrade.

I use my iPad Pro mostly for drawing, but portability is important. Has anyone upgraded from an 9.7 to 11 inch? Did you find the extra space was significant?
11 is a very, very noticeable upgrade compared to the old 9.7 inch models. 12.9 feels more like a MacBook. It's really big.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting on some reviews to see if the new one is worth the extra over a refurbed last gen model. Apart processor, RAM and camera, they're mostly the same?

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
My iPad Pro is the only apple device that I ever owned, and I would love to upgrade, but God damn does the lack of Headphone port still sting.

I am a music teacher, so I use the headphone jack constantly for teaching in class, setting up background music for gigs and events or using it as a Metronome device etc. I completely hate the idea of paying over $1,000 for a device without the basic God damn functionality as a headphone jack.

I'm praying that my Samsung Galaxy S9 and my iPad Pro will last me for years to come come, cause I really don't want to deal with a bunch of shitty dongles to keep up with on a daily basis to use my devices.

I really want the bigger 12.9 inch screen as that's prefect for reading scores and that's obviously a portable media powerhouse. And I like the whole iPad OS initiative.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

The 12.9 has gotten so much smaller compared to the first gen. It's the same dimensions, length and width, as a letter size piece of paper (11" x 8.5").

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
The 12.9 has gotten so much smaller compared to the first gen. It's the same dimensions, length and width, as a letter size piece of paper (11" x 8.5").

11 is a very, very noticeable upgrade compared to the old 9.7 inch models. 12.9 feels more like a MacBook. It's really big.

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the 11 inch, but I'll try and drop by an Apple Store whenever this virus thing goes away to see how they feel in the hand.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Apple wasn't stupid enough to not make keyboard compatible with the 2018 iPad Pro. Probably best apple purchase I made. 2020 and it's still a beast, this keyboard will hopefully make me retire my laptop

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I really wish the keyboard was available now. It looks fucking ace. Gonna just wait to get my 2020 iPad Pro until I get the keyboard.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Any clue how the Apple Pencil fits with the Magic Keyboard; it just sticks onto the open side of the iPad when closed?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
So... Looks cool, but this gonna be $450+ CAD... Big WTF. And I thought the Surface Pro keyboard was pricey...

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I'd use that trackpad all the time, but alas my 2017 10.5" Pro is fine for everything I do.

Huh, I'll keep an eye out on this. I have the Apple keyboard, but I'd really love to have a trackpad along with it. I got it used for $70 early last year, so I wouldn't feel that bad replacing it.

Yeah, Apple's trade in prices are a joke. Last time I went with Best Buy, not sure how they fair nowadays.
Logitech is making one for us

www.macrumors.com

Logitech Debuts Trackpad Keyboards for 10.2-Inch iPad and 10.5-Inch iPad Air

Apple today announced that iPadOS 13.4 will feature trackpad support for all iPad Pro models, the iPad Air 2 and later, the fifth-generation iPad and...