• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I like that they invest in smaller stuff like Shantae, but I don't think I will ever get the service.
Wasn't it that they paid the devs on how much time their games are played.
There was the fear that it would affect gamedesign by bloating the games with carrots on stick that make you come back each day to get your rewards.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For $5 a month I'm definitely in for this. Should be great to play on my iPhone & Apple TV.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The price is such that I won't even be mad when I forget to cancel it for 37 months.

Dynamic3

Oct 31, 2017
All I need to know is whether or not that Chu Chu game has the classic multiplayer.

Edit: omg, just saw a screenshot.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly more hyped for this than for many games releases! iOS games have improved a lot in quality, the price is a steal and some cool games coming out

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Looks great, really looking forward to it. It'll be refreshing to have a curated selection without the BS that comes with most mobile games. Being able to play them on all devices, with actual controllers, is going to be very nice.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of regret having installed iPadOS now. Apparently, devices with iPadOS get it much later than the rest.
Children of Morta should tide me over till then, but wanted to try Arcade as soon as possible.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
I bought a 100 dollar iTunes card last week for 80 in preparation for this. Good for a year of this and a bunch of movie rentals...or a ton of movie rentals if this service sucks.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
So apparently some devices are already eligible to enroll in the trial - I just activated mine. There are many games already in the store - I'm actively downloading Shantae and the Seven Sirens now but I won't be able to try it until this evening.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
It does work on iPads. Looks like controllers are not supported for all games?
Also, it's $5.99/month for Canadians, in case anybody was wondering.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, really looking forward to it. It'll be refreshing to have a curated selection without the BS that comes with most mobile games. Being able to play them on all devices, with actual controllers, is going to be very nice.

This is the biggest value for me. I've got two Apple TV 4Ks in my house plus an iPad and just pre-ordered the iPhone 11 Pro. $5 a month if the games continue to release regularly is a no-brainer for value when I can just pair my DS4 to any of those devices and play any of the titles!

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
9to5Mac is reporting that if you have an iOS 13 or iOS 13.1 beta device, you may have the option to start playing right now. I'm never lucky, so I wasn't picked on my own device.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm genuinely hyped, I just hope that the iPad 2018 is good enough to play these games because I don't wanna melt the battery of my XS.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I just wish they'd get the Switch Pro Controller or Wii U Pro Controller up and running. I wouldn't mind buying a Switch controller as I could get other use out of it and I already own a Wii U Pro Controller but I'm more or less forced into buying a PS4 or XBO controller to try this out, and that's basically a $50 paywall that I'm not sure I'm interested enough in to surmount.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a shot now that there's controller support.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't play mobile games at all on my phone (Android) and on my iPad I barely play anything either. Largely due to ads and mtx crap. I'm definitely curious to try this out knowing I won't be pestered to buy coins or forced to watch ads just to keep playing. I think I might end up playing a lot more games on my iPad as a result. The cost is a true no brainer and surprisingly affordable from Apple.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
9to5Mac is reporting that if you have an iOS 13 or iOS 13.1 beta device, you may have the option to start playing right now. I'm never lucky, so I wasn't picked on my own device.
Article for those wondering:
If you're running the iOS 13 or iOS 13.1 beta, you can head to the App Store and tap the "Arcade" tab along the bottom. If you've been chosen to access Apple Arcade early, you should see a "Try it free" button. It's unclear if today's availability is limited to only beta testers.

Once you tap "Try it free," you'll go through the sign-up process for Apple Arcade, which includes a 1-month free trial. Apple also emphasizes that the subscription is accessible to others via Family Sharing.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Has this got 100+ games now or just over the coming weeks?

I can try the free trial now but dunno if I should hold out for more releases.

Edit: I only count 53 in the all games section. But it has Cat Quest II already?

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
55 games are available right now. Not sure if that's it for September or more will be added later. Didn't they say there'll be 100+ available at launch? Then again, it's not officially launch yet, I guess. No complaints here, anyway; 55 is more than enough. Gonna try Various Daylife tonight <3

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm this works on my iPad with iPados13. I just hopped on the free trial and downloaded Sayonara wild hearts

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Interesting. Just checked and I can join the trial. Not sure if I should do it now or wait a few months for more games to become available.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
After I force quit and relaunched the App Store on my iPhone on the iOS 13.1 beta a few times, I got the option to start the free trial. YMMV?

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
What button prompts do the games show?

Per this article, it'll show all four buttons as blank circles, with the intended button highlighted.

2019-08-28-10-38-11.jpeg

Older games will show ABXY, in the Xbox layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.