• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty insane. I'm curious to see next quarter in terms of volume vs profit for iPhone sales. Curious to see if iPhone X sales are lower because of obvious inventory constraints but profits grow because of the price point. Should be funny.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
It's mind boggling they keep expanding and continuing to sell millions of iPhones each quarter. I thought they were due for some reduction in demand during the last iPhone release.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
10.7 Billion in profit in a quarter lol. And not even the strongest quarter of the year.

edit: what the fuck they just said they expect 84 to 87 billion next quarter.

Last edited:

Svearik

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta
They have hundreds of billions in their war chest at this point. Curious if they ever plan to make any big moves with it.

Honestly not sure what they could even do with that kind of money just sitting around.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
They net profit is more then Google, MS. and Amazon combined for this Q. Absurd.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Apple is in beast mode here. And their estimates of $84-87B for next quarter are insane. Mac sales up 25% year-over-year. Services up 34% year-over-year.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-02-at-4.37.07-PM.jpg

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
And the Services group is what holds the Apple Watch, yes? Series 3 putting in work.

The Watch is lumped into the Other category with the Apple TV and Beats products. This category is actually up 75% year-over-year! The Services category represents things like App Store revenue and iCloud subscriptions.

Oct 25, 2017
Apple is doomed though because the Pixel 2 and the Razer phone are out so watch out. /s

I do wonder how the shortages of the iphone X will affect things in the next quarter though. Plus, I have a feel Face ID will have some flaw that people will lose it over. Then again, Samsung phones blew up and people didn't care, though that's Samsung and Apple is Apple.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's top level forecasting right there. Impressive.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Apple is doomed though because the Pixel 2 and the Razer phone are out so watch out. /s

I do wonder how the shortages of the iphone X will affect things in the next quarter though. Plus, I have a feel Face ID will have some flaw that people will lose it over. Then again, Samsung phones blew up and people didn't care, though that's Samsung and Apple is Apple.
considering that utterly insane guidance for the holiday quarter....they're not expecting any problems selling anything.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
..Bu..Bu... what about the headphone jack!!

Tim Cook makin' it rain. I got me a 7 and a pair of AirPods this year. Well worth it.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
..Bu..Bu... what about the headphone jack!!

Tim Cook makin' it rain. I got me a 7 and a pair of AirPods this year. Well worth it.
It matters to me, but that doesn't mean it matters to everyone (or even most).

Betting against Apple is obviously a foolish move, but people should speak out for what is important to them in a phone (or other electronics).