• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Good to know I just got an email to apply but the button doesn't work lol

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Adding other merchants for the 3% is big, and may ultimately make this card a more serious contender for CC buffs.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was expecting other merchants to get added so quickly for the rewards. This card just got more compelling

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got that weird Apple ID email (even though there was nothing wrong with mine) a week ago. It said I should get my invite in 48 hours; it has been way longer than that. Wonder what's going on over there...

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adding 3% to Uber does nothing for me as I already have that with my Chase Sapphire Reserve.

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Just applied, got a $7500 limit and 17.99% APR.
Don't think I'll use it much, but I want that titanium card just to show off.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
How do you apply for one? When I open the wallet app I don't see it anywhere. I am on the latest iOS too. Do I need to have Apple Pay Cash setup?

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Got my card on Friday. First use was at the bar. Bartender takes it and is like "oh wow is this made of glass" and immediately drops it on the tile by accident. It made the loudest TING! Fortunately they're so light nothing happened, but I was just omg my poor new card lol

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of limits are people getting on these? Now that it's released I want one as I use Apple Pay all the time, but I have 4 main credit cards already and worry about the credit hit of getting another.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What kind of limits are people getting on these? Now that it's released I want one as I use Apple Pay all the time, but I have 4 main credit cards already and worry about the credit hit of getting another.

it only counts as a hard credit check if you get approved and you accept. So if you apply and don't like they credit limit or APR they offer you and don't accept the card, there's no record on your credit report

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ohh that's a game changer. I thought it was a hard check just to apply.

I honestly want to see that method become standard for all cards. Essentially what they're showing you first is your "pre-qualification" (Just like those letters that come in the mail) and it only becomes a real application once you say yes. Brilliant if you ask me

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got denied because I clicked through the information section a little too quickly and left off a number for the annual salary. Good to know I have an excellent credit score though.

Last edited:

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
only gave me 7.5k when i have perfect credit and like 15 cards at 15/20k wtf

i'll let it slide cause it's the apple card otherwise would've sent Goldman their garbage offer packing...... but whatevs, now gimme that Titanium

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i would've made some calls for that insult from goldman

but i'll let it slide this time friend, i need to slide the 🍎 across the restaurant tables asap before everyone gets it

why isn't you sliding the AMEX gold across the table or you too poor to fork over $250 a year friend?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Adding other merchants for the 3% is big, and may ultimately make this card a more serious contender for CC buffs.

It helps but I doubt it sways those really into cashback as it's still pretty limited.
I said this in another thread but they should just make it 3% for all online purchases, then it'd be viable over the BoA card.

The BoA card gives you 3% cashback for "online shopping", and that includes app based purchases like Uber/Lyft, food delivery services (Uber Eats, Postmates, Door Dash etc) and even digital subscriptions (Hulu, Netflix, etc).

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I applied and got accepted the second time. But my card is showed as a plain white MasterCard with apple logo in the Wallet app, not the colorful one in promo pic. Is that normal?

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Well, I just got denied. Not 100% sure why. I always pay everything earlier than on time and I have a pretty good income.

• Your monthly debt obligations are too high given your income - examples may include loan or monthly housing payments

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:
  • Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
  • Too few accounts currently paid as agreed
  • Too many accounts with balances
  • Length of time revolving accounts have been established
  • Number of inquiries

Is it because I have a lease on my car? My credit score is 764 so I dunno. I'm actually kinda bummed. lol

Guess I don't get to join your club.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
It helps but I doubt it sways those really into cashback as it's still pretty limited.
I said this in another thread but they should just make it 3% for all online purchases, then it'd be viable over the BoA card.

The BoA card gives you 3% cashback for "online shopping", and that includes app based purchases like Uber/Lyft, food delivery services (Uber Eats, Postmates, Door Dash etc) and even digital subscriptions (Hulu, Netflix, etc).
I use that BoA card for those reasons. I have a second one for travel, but I don't use that one as much.

I don't know if I want to apply for this card yet. I kinda wanted my next card to be something with a huge bonus or benefit.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I'm surprised how easy it is to apply and how fast they approved it.

Got instant approved and the physical card coming in a week.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just got denied. Not 100% sure why. I always pay everything earlier than on time and I have a pretty good income.

Too few accounts currently paid as agreed

Is it because I have a lease on my car? My credit score is 764 so I dunno. I'm actually kinda bummed. lol

Guess I don't get to join your club.
by 'earlier than on time' do you mean 'before i get a bill' by chance?

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
by 'earlier than on time' do you mean 'before i get a bill' by chance?
Well, I always pay something every week. And it's way more than my minimum. Basically whatever is left from my paycheck, which is usually a couple hundred.

Why? Is it wrong to pay off your card early? I would think that would be a plus. Because I never buy something I know I won't be able to eventually pay off. Am I supposed to hold onto my money until CapitalOne tells me to pay them? Because that would suck.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I always pay something every week. And it's way more than my minimum. Basically whatever is left from my paycheck, which is usually a couple hundred.

Why? Is it wrong to pay off your card early? I would think that would be a plus. Because I never buy something I know I won't be able to eventually pay off. Am I supposed to hold onto my money until CapitalOne tells me to pay them? Because that would suck.

The advantage is that when the banks report your credit utilization to the credit bureaus, typically when they generate your statement, your utilization percent will be lower, which is good. No long term effects on your credit score though since your utilization is ongoing and constantly updated with each new statement generation and when your credit happens to get checked

So the only disadvantage of waiting for your statement to pay things off is if you made a lot of purchases that month and it would send your utilization uncharacteristically high and you need your best score possible within the next 30-60 days for some reason

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The advantage is that when the banks report your credit utilization to the credit bureaus, typically when they generate your statement, your utilization percent will be lower, which is good. No long term effects on your credit score though since your utilization is ongoing and constantly updated with each new statement generation and when your credit happens to get checked

So the only disadvantage of waiting for your statement to pay things off is if you made a lot of purchases that month and it would send your utilization uncharacteristically high and you need your best score possible within the next 30-60 days for some reason
So is there anything I'd need to do that would make them more likely to approve me or just forget it? Because I don't know what else I can do. It seems like I'm being punished for being a good credit card holder. lol

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Adding 3% to Uber does nothing for me as I already have that with my Chase Sapphire Reserve.
You want the titanium card to get less cashback?
Friend, when did you become poor?
why isn't you sliding the AMEX gold across the table or you too poor to fork over $250 a year friend?
sounds like you too poor to afford the annual fee friend. I have like 70k MR points from my rose gold Amex in 3 months.
What are you doing here?