• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 47559

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 7, 2018
you also get 3% back on subscriptions through Apple billing, like HBO Now, iTunes, etc. but not Netflix since you can't subscribe to Netflix through Apple
Seeing as a lot subscription services seem to raise their prices when you subscribe through the App Store (to offset Apple's 30% cut), this isn't as appealing as it sounds

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the updated version of the BoA Cash Rewards card really needs to be added here.

0M8dT77.png

That 3% cash back on selectable categories is fuckin aces.

when did they update that? Because I remember it originally being not a great card

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It just seems like a no-brainer to me, my current cards are 1% standard with 2% for restaurants and 5% quarterly bonuses... When I use Apple Pay at supermarkets or w/e I'm only getting 1% so this will immediately double my cash back.

Although looking at that BoA card a few posts up....

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just seems like a no-brainer to me, my current cards are 1% standard with 2% for restaurants and 5% quarterly bonuses... When I use Apple Pay at supermarkets or w/e I'm only getting 1% so this will immediately double my cash back.

That BoA card gives you 2% at grocery stores and 3% in a category of your choice. Really there are much better cards than the Apple Card.

My setup right now is Chase Sapphire Reserve for travel, Chase Freedom for quarterly, and Amex Gold for groceries and dining.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019

Amex Blue Cash Preferred is 6% cash back on groceries

Oct 25, 2017
That BoA card gives you 2% at grocery stores and 3% in a category of your choice. Really there are much better cards than the Apple Card.

My setup right now is Chase Sapphire Reserve for travel, Chase Freedom for quarterly, and Amex Gold for groceries and dining.

There are better cards from a rewards perspective, but I am not aware of any card that has this combination of privacy and security features.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are better cards from a rewards perspective, but I am not aware of any card that has this combination of privacy and security features.

The Apple Card doesn't provide you with any other protections/benefits like primary car insurance rental, flight delay insurance, cell phone insurance, extended warranties, etc.

I have Chase and Amex send me notifications every time my card is used so that's good enough for me.

Oct 25, 2017
The Apple Card doesn't provide you with any other protections/benefits like primary car insurance rental, flight delay insurance, cell phone insurance, extended warranties, etc.

I have Chase and Amex send me notifications every time my card is used so that's good enough for me.

I have never used any of those insurance or warranty features, mostly because they are too arcane and complicated from me to even contemplate. I am sure plenty of other people do all the time, but they don't have much value for me personally. My current cards send me notifications as well, but that is a reactive security feature, not a proactive one. Ideally you want a mixture of both. And the privacy features are distinct from the security ones.

My main point is that the Apple Card just offers a different mix of features that is going to appeal to people with slightly different priorities. I don't think there is a best card out there for everyone.

Feb 1, 2018
People are getting invites, there's reports on reddit and MR and most of the terms seem to be around 5-9K limit with 17.99 APR. Comes via email or wallet app notification. Credit is pulled from transunion, and the card is mailed to you in 6-8 days

No invite here though, I'm mad

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

Yep same, except I have Citibank instead of Chase.

Don't get me wrong, this card looks cool and I appreciate the iOS integration a lot but for my needs the Hilton Honors Amex and Costco Visa are much better and have amazing benefits.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

with an annual fee though
Yep same, except I have Citibank instead of Chase.

Don't get me wrong, this card looks cool and I appreciate the iOS integration a lot but for my needs the Hilton Honors Amex and Costco Visa are much better and have amazing benefits.

the costco citi rewards are great except for that you can only cash out once a year

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Damn, I am still using the same credit cards from before I became an adult lol, I need to shake things up!

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Some people got them yesterday. It's unknown how quick they are rolling out waves of invites.

I added my email to be notified yesterday and just opened up the wallet app and hit "+" to get the offer today. The perks are kind of crappy and I don't see myself using this for anything but Apple purchases for now

Oct 25, 2017
Rewards are really underwhelming compared to my current cards. Not sure how much I would actually use this, but I still want one just because the card is beautiful.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Got my invite, applied, and got accepted. This is now my second credit card. I'm sure there's better rewards on other cards, but the application process was easy. I'm going to pay off the balance in full every month, while attacking the balance on my other credit card to help my utilization score.

...plus the card looks nice and I still get a slight nerd thrill of paying for stuff with my phone.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I just applied in the Wallet app and was rejected with a score of 740
source.gif
What the hell? My credit score was lower than that (despite being listed as 749 via my other credit card's app), and I still got accepted.

Maybe it has something to do with how many other cards/credit lines you have?

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What the hell? My credit score was lower than that (despite being listed as 749 via my other credit card's app), and I still got accepted.

Maybe it has something to do with how many other cards/credit lines you have?
I definitely have a lower score and was approved, with a higher limit than I was expecting. You should probably carefully check your reports
My FICO score is 792 but Goldman/Apple email said it was 740 on their check for whichever metric they use.

The email says it is my debt to income ratio they don't like (not my credit utilization, as I have plenty of credit unused)

I wonder when I can reapply...

nsivnFW.gif

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
KenzinFive and Zeyphersan they said I can reapply endlessly, no limit on when I can update the application. So I reapplied for the second time today and this time was approved.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
that's kind of funny, actually.

glad you got approved, but infinite applications back-to-back is an amusing idea
Yeah, supposedly they can do this because they do a soft pull until you hit Accept and then it supposedly hard pulls only to generate your actual account to show up on your credit report. At least that's what other forums claim.