• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Even if that did happen, I was under the impression that the credit bureaus combine similar hard pulls into just one if made within a short amount of time?

Yup, that's true. Similar to hunting for a lower rate for, say, a car loan.

People should know that many store cars purposefully DON'T accept people with great credit or exceptionally high scores/income. The supposed reason being that 1) those people likely have better cards they'll be more likely to actually use (and possibly leave a balance on), and 2) they're unlikely to keep large balances to generate interest payments, and 3) they are less likely to miss payments, which credit cards love for the late fees.

Someone can make $150K/yr and have an 800+ score with 10+ years of history and fail to get approved for a Best Buy card at 29%, but then can open up an AMEX Platinum with a $40K limit and a shit ton of perks for $495/year the very next day.

It'll be interesting to see how the Apple Card eventually falls.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
if you do plan on getting an Apple Card, there's one thing you might want to do: opt out of forced arbitration. By default, when you sign up for an Apple Card, you are agreeing to be bound by the rules of Goldman Sach's (Apple's financial partner for the Apple Card) customer agreement, which includes a section that says

"THIS AGREEMENT REQUIRES CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED AND FORBIDS CLASS ACTIONS UNLESS YOU (1) ARE SUBJECT TO THE PROTECTIONS OF THE MILITARY LENDING ACT OR (2) EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REJECT ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN THE ARBITRATION PROVISION, WHICH IS SET FORTH AT THE END OF THIS AGREEMENT."

Depending on the situation, this makes things more difficult if something goes wrong, because by agreeing to arbitration, you are forfeiting the ability to take part in a class-action lawsuit or sue Goldman Sachs if anything ever goes wrong. Instead, in the event of a disagreement or "claim", an arbitrator will review the case and make a ruling without ever getting the courts involved or you being able to make your case.

Feb 1, 2018
Finally got in this morning after pushing the "+" button in Wallet.app all day yesterday, but they gave me a shit tier deal of $6500 limit and 23.99% APR. Also the credit score reported in the app was way lower than what I'm normally supposed to be at

Card comes in 3-5 days, can't wait to *plunk* it down on the table at dinner

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be in if they offered better than 2% CB for regular purchases. I already have a Citi Doublecash for that.

Oct 27, 2017
if you do plan on getting an Apple Card, there's one thing you might want to do: opt out of forced arbitration. By default, when you sign up for an Apple Card, you are agreeing to be bound by the rules of Goldman Sach's (Apple's financial partner for the Apple Card) customer agreement, which includes a section that says

"THIS AGREEMENT REQUIRES CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED AND FORBIDS CLASS ACTIONS UNLESS YOU (1) ARE SUBJECT TO THE PROTECTIONS OF THE MILITARY LENDING ACT OR (2) EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REJECT ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN THE ARBITRATION PROVISION, WHICH IS SET FORTH AT THE END OF THIS AGREEMENT."

Depending on the situation, this makes things more difficult if something goes wrong, because by agreeing to arbitration, you are forfeiting the ability to take part in a class-action lawsuit or sue Goldman Sachs if anything ever goes wrong. Instead, in the event of a disagreement or "claim", an arbitrator will review the case and make a ruling without ever getting the courts involved or you being able to make your case.
How do you opt out afterwards?

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Apple Card supposed to replace all cards on your phone? My App Store account still has my old visa listed.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Isn't Apple Card supposed to replace all cards on your phone? My App Store account still has my old visa listed.
Err no? Not sure I understand you. Apple Card is just an additional credit card you can add to the Wallet app. It doesn't remove existing cards you own.

EDIT: If you mean when you ask them to make it the default, then yes it is supposed to replace those settings at least... but it may not do so if you have Family Sharing turned on for your App Store account or music.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Err no? Not sure I understand you. Apple Card is just an additional credit card you can add to the Wallet app. It doesn't remove existing cards you own.

EDIT: If you mean when you ask them to make it the default, then yes it is supposed to replace those settings at least... but it may not do so if you have Family Sharing turned on for your App Store account or music.

Ah that's probably what it is. I do have family sharing on. I'll keep an eye on Apple payments to make sure it's charged to that cars.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
kcdGPpU.jpg

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mine shipped yesterday and arrived this morning! Activated using the smart envelope.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Got my physical card today. That Smart Envelope was slick af.

Already switched it as default for all my normal routine expenses which get paid in full each statement. Gonna get so much daily cash lets goooooo.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well, got this email today:

Here's your chance to get early access to Apple Card.
You wanted to be one of the first to get Apple Card — a new kind of credit card created by Apple, not a bank. Good news: Here's your chance to experience Apple Card before everybody else, so you can help us get ready for the public launch. Your early access invitation is waiting, but we need your Apple ID to send it. The email address you provided does not match an Apple ID signed in to iCloud. Just complete a few simple steps so we can send your invitation.

How to get your invitation:
  • Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 12.4. To update, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Take note of the Apple ID used to sign in to iCloud on your iPhone. To see your Apple ID, go to Settings, then tap your name.
  • Set a passcode for your iPhone, if you don't have one already. To set a passcode, go to Settings, tap Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode, then tap Turn Passcode On.
  • Go to apple.com/apple-card and tap Notify Me to enter your Apple ID.

Invitations may take up to 48 hours to arrive.

I did use my email I used for iCloud, so I don't know what they're talking about.

Eh.

Oct 27, 2017
I got an email to apply but can't right now while I'm in the middle of getting a new mortgage. It doesn't really seem like there's much reason to use this over my Amex or Chase Sapphire. But it's so slick looking and metal. Probably not a good enough reason to get one though.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got an email to apply but can't right now while I'm in the middle of getting a new mortgage. It doesn't really seem like there's much reason to use this over my Amex or Chase Sapphire. But it's so slick looking and metal. Probably not a good enough reason to get one though.
Yeah it's not really up there in rewards. People are more excited because of no fees, its design, the native iPhone integration, transaction detail, the fact MasterCard and Goldman Sachs have agreements to not sell your info at all, etc.

If you aren't in it for the ecosystem simplicity and would rather max out rewards there are certainly a few other cards to get instead

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Got my invite today. My wife only has a debit card at a local credit union (that isn't local since we moved), so she needs something else. We were waiting for this.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The Wallet integration seems to be slick as hell. I don't need another credit card, but I'd love if my couple existing ones started to implement something like that.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
the color changing card is the only thing I dont like about this whole thing. Looks ugly.
It sure is ugly when it's just one or two colors honestly. I hate orange and pink yet there they are covering my card.
The Wallet integration seems to be slick as hell. I don't need another credit card, but I'd love if my couple existing ones started to implement something like that.
Yeah it would be neat if other companies would be allowed to add support for Wallet stuff like this. I'm in love with how snappy it is to get to your info.