• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
California
Wait a sec, so if I set-up Apple Pay (I need to get around to doing that lol), and add the Apple Card (if I had it), and every time I use Apple Pay to pay for something, it's 2%?

That seems pretty good. I just go a new different card, so I don't see myself applying for this card for at least a few more months (if I even get approved that is), but is the Apple Card better than the Citi Double Cash Card?

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I have a 680-ish credit score, hoping they don't take my "lack" of a credit history as a denier.

(Been in a catch-22 with the last card I tried to apply for, since I graduated without student loans and only have my car loan to build history with. So they deny me because I only have the car loan as history, but I can't actually get a card to build history with. >.>)

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
$6500 limit here. I use Apple Pay at work everyday and use Apple Pay every chance I get elsewhere. Went to Costco earlier and was bummed to discover they don't take MasterCard.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wait a sec, so if I set-up Apple Pay (I need to get around to doing that lol), and add the Apple Card (if I had it), and every time I use Apple Pay to pay for something, it's 2%?

That seems pretty good. I just go a new different card, so I don't see myself applying for this card for at least a few more months (if I even get approved that is), but is the Apple Card better than the Citi Double Cash Card?
Eh it depends. On the one hand it's worse because any place that doesn't take Apple Pay will only get you 1% cash using the physical card. On the other hand, the Apple Card has 3% back on everything Apple (apps, subscriptions, Apple Store, iPhone upgrade program) and no foreign transaction fees.

It's up to you if that info plus the privacy and iPhone features are going to make you spend smarter.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Eh it depends. On the one hand it's worse because any place that doesn't take Apple Pay will only get you 1% cash using the physical card. On the other hand, the Apple Card has 3% back on everything Apple (apps, subscriptions, Apple Store, iPhone upgrade program) and no foreign transaction fees.

It's up to you if that info plus the privacy and iPhone features are going to make you spend smarter.

I guess I'm just trying to justify getting an Apple Card (if I even qualify for one in the first place lol).

I know I don't need it but I want it lmao (I'm part of the problem I know).

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Would really like my invite to come through lol.

I never got my invite email, but last night it popped up when I tried going through the add new card flow. (Granted I got one of those errant "wrong email signed up used" emails, so if you didn't get that you might not be lucky like I was.)

Got approved for a $4,000 line of credit. Planning on using this like I would my debit card, so only "spending" on the card what I have in the bank to get bonuses from my purchases.

Also, from what I was reading in the terms I think this would work internationally? I always had to call my bank to authorize an Amazon Japan purchase for instance, so if that's the case it'd be really useful in that situation.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I never got my invite email, but last night it popped up when I tried going through the add new card flow. (Granted I got one of those errant "wrong email signed up used" emails, so if you didn't get that you might not be lucky like I was.)

Got approved for a $4,000 line of credit. Planning on using this like I would my debit card, so only "spending" on the card what I have in the bank to get bonuses from my purchases.

Also, from what I was reading in the terms I think this would work internationally? I always had to call my bank to authorize an Amazon Japan purchase for instance, so if that's the case it'd be really useful in that situation.
Most likely it will pop up a notificaiton asking you to verify the purchase.

Oct 26, 2017

I got the wrong email email. But it doesn't pop up when I try to go thru the new card flow.

sucks

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017

I got one of those emails too but that method isn't working on my end. Lame.

May 10, 2018
Got my invite. What sucks is that one of the places I frequent most, which is Publix still doesn't do NFC payments. Even the gas station I go to recently upgraded to accept NFC.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Don't know if this was posted earlier. If it was, my apologies

Apple Card Mastercard Benefits
shoprunner is cool. Works at places like Newegg on some items. the rest...kinda below average.

Got my invite. What sucks is that one of the places I frequent most, which is Publix still doesn't do NFC payments. Even the gas station I go to recently upgraded to accept NFC.
Yea, these are the kinds of things people need to examine before choosing this card or any card.

Picking up an AmEx card doesn't make any sense if the places you frequent the most don't accept AmEx.

Picking up an Apple card doesn't make any sense if the places you frequent the most don't accept Apple Pay, because using the physical EVER card is an L as cash rewards cards go.

I'd definitely recommend that anyone considering a new credit card (of which this should simply be among a short list of other cash rewards cards), take a clear-minded look at their real-life case uses and make a good decision for themselves that will maximize their cash back. Unless you don't care about only getting 1% CB...but then why are you looking at a cash rewards card, you know?

Oct 27, 2017
I'd definitely recommend that anyone considering a new credit card (of which this should simply be among a short list of other cash rewards cards), take a clear-minded look at their real-life case uses and make a good decision for themselves that will maximize their cash back. Unless you don't care about only getting 1% CB...but then why are you looking at a cash rewards card, you know?
But dat titanium.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
If you do the iPhone upgrade program, switch your payment on the citizen bank page to your Apple Card. You will get 3% back a month.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
So I got an alert from MyUPS saying I have a shipment coming by end of today from "AI" (I, not L) from Compton, CA (I'm in SF), and I'm pretty sure its the Apple Card.

Thing is, I have ANOTHER shipment coming tomorrow, different tracking number and all, also from "AI" from Compton, CA coming in tomorrow.

Anyone else here receive their card yet? Did the tracking info say it's coming from "AI"? This card is the only thing I have ordered in the past month or so and I know for sure I have no other packages coming my way so it has to be the Apple Card, but I may be getting 2 of them? Hope this doesn't mess up my credit, especially if/when I have to cancel one of them.

Feb 1, 2018
The cards are from Compton, there's a major shipping hub there. "AI" is Apple's shipping pseudonym so people don't see a package on your doorstep with APPLE as the sender and get inspired to steal

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Apple extends cash back of 3% to Uber and Uber Eats. So I guess in the future they will be adding more partners etc.,

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
Went ahead and signed up today in anticipation of them dropping the Barclays Apple Card in the near future.

I got burned when Costco dropped Amex since that was my oldest CC at the time, so I don't want to lose another line of credit with long history.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and signed up today in anticipation of them dropping the Barclays Apple Card in the near future.

I got burned when Costco dropped Amex since that was my oldest CC at the time, so I don't want to lose another line of credit with long history.

Didn't Barclay's remove the benefits / rewards of the card or something ? I thought I read this a couple of weeks ago.

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
Read up a bit on some of the benefits drawbacks and now not sure if I'm going to make the jump.

I'm getting ready to drop the Home Depot card I kept around for home projects (yes, because of recent comments the billionaire owner said) and thought I'd snag a new Apple Card for all my ApplePay and Apple Purchases (but not day to to day stuff, have better cards for those). I'm dropping the HD card no matter what but not sure if I need to bother with the AppleCard just yet.

Biggest drawbacks are 1) separate cards for family members, my wife and I share all our cards and 2) no Quicken integration, have to manually enter all transactions.

I have to be honest, that Quicken bit is probably holding me back more than anything, I've used Quicken to track my finances since 1998.

Still, I know we are going to be upgrading my daughter's phone this year and may or may not have another Mac in the future....

Decisions decisions...

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Just got my invite. Wow, I am impressed with how easy it was to sign up on your phone.

Now time to cancel my other card, as this will now be primary.