• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
There's no link. Also I still don't understand what that means. I've had a credit card for like 9 years. I guess that's not long enough? Is it my lease on my car? I dunno. I guess it's not meant to be.
What that means is probably your history isn't as "thick"as the company would like, which sadly impacts your worthiness. My credit score is almost the same as when I first purchased a car years ago. But back then my only history were college loans and a perfectly balanced credit line. Now I get plenty of offers except I'm more selective of what I decide to open.

From my understanding, you need more than a couple of accounts opened to get approved sometimes is what that article is talking about.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I applied for a Capital One card today and got accepted. I figured I'd apply for this and see if I was accepted. I was. Should I accept? Will my credit score take a hit if I get approved for two cards in a day

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Doing two cards in a short span is a no go usually.
After reading some stuff online, I figured why not? The few points I might lose aren't going to mean much compared to the few dozen I'll gain by having a higher credit line and utilizing it responsibly.

Honestly just gonna use this card for app store purchases that I make normally and maybe some hot boy status at a bar ;)

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
After reading some stuff online, I figured why not? The few points I might lose aren't going to mean much compared to the few dozen I'll gain by having a higher credit line and utilizing it responsibly.

Honestly just gonna use this card for app store purchases that I make normally and maybe some hot boy status at a bar ;)

A few months of using both cards and paying them off will more than offset the initial credit hit.

However, you do need to consider that two new lines of credit will bring your average credit age down a good bit however, which does factor into your overall credit history/report.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017

Don't store your Apple Cards in what is only the most widely used material for a wallet...

That's one way to get people to upgrade to this year's iPhone by using a new material for the current Leather Folio Case, since the new case would only work on the new iPhone. ;)

(Being seriously, I have a feeling whatever lining they used for the card portion probably is microfiber, so Apple's case option wouldn't be an issue.)

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
A few months of using both cards and paying them off will more than offset the initial credit hit.

However, you do need to consider that two new lines of credit will bring your average credit age down a good bit however, which does factor into your overall credit history/report.
One of them was with Capital One which was my first credit card. Does that matter?

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a bullshit complaint. All cards degrade over time, you ever see someone with a perfect looking credit card?

Also it's a credit card, who gives a fuck how it looks.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
So I got the physical card, ehh it's not all it was hyped up to be but it's nice and at least I'll actually know I dropped it if it falls out of my wallet.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
ew

FfZu5yH.jpg

DGrade

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I must be a rare case. I never owned a credit card before and no credit history. I applied for the heck of it after I got my invite to the beta and got approved with a measly credit limit of $250....

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I must be a rare case. I never owned a credit card before and no credit history. I applied for the heck of it after I got my invite to the beta and got approved with a measly credit limit of $250....
It's not that measly. You can build your score and credit line with that by using it responsibly

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I'd be interested as I just recently migrated from android/google over to Apple, but almost no one in my area uses Apple Pay. That's the only way to get the % back, right?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I'd be interested as I just recently migrated from android/google over to Apple, but almost no one in my area uses Apple Pay. That's the only way to get the % back, right?
You get 1% back for using the card normally in stores. In which case you're better off other cards like the Citi DoubleCash which is 2% on everything.

Note that Apple Pay cashback also applies to websites and apps that use it, not just stores. But you can use the same Citi card in Apple Pay as well for the same 2% so eh.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a big fan of the way that this card assumes that every single thing I buy on Amazon is the result of a fraudulent charge.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I've had a fair amount of bourbon tonight and decided to apply. Somehow I got approved for like 2500. Which I know isn't a lot, but is a lot relative to the debt I know I have.

Oh well, will make my overall utilization look better.

Oct 29, 2017
I put my physical Apple Card in a Card Sleeve, same ones I have been using for my Dropmix cards (Perfect Barrier Card Sleeves (100 Piece), Clear, 64 x 89mm via Amazon $4.10 for 100). Fits perfectly lengthwise, so it will fit in my wallet, just have to take it out of the sleeve to insert or swipe anywhere. There is about a 1/4 inch of film extra high wise above the credit card, which is no big deal, and actually makes it easier to grab out of your wallet haha.

AC.jpg

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I put my physical Apple Card in a Card Sleeve, same ones I have been using for my Dropmix cards (Perfect Barrier Card Sleeves (100 Piece), Clear, 64 x 89mm via Amazon $4.10 for 100). Fits perfectly lengthwise, so it will fit in my wallet, just have to take it out of the sleeve to insert or swipe anywhere. There is about a 1/4 inch of film extra high wise above the credit card, which is no big deal, and actually makes it easier to grab out of your wallet haha.

AC.jpg
Why does yours have a Goldman Sachs logo and not the apple logo?

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my biggest annoyances with credit cards is that when they get stolen, you have to get a new number and that screws up all of your auto payments.

Does this card fix that problem by not having a set number?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Our ofn

AC.jpg
curiosity, why would I want to put a credit card in a sleeve if it's already going to be in my wallet?

One of my biggest annoyances with credit cards is that when they get stolen, you have to get a new number and that screws up all of your auto payments.

Does this card fix that problem by not having a set number?
Almost assuredly does.

Oct 25, 2017
Haha so I found out they tried to Fedex me my Apple card and since no one was home during regular hours they're shipping it back.

Somehow my non-titanium cards get here just fine...