• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Stream on YouTube

Stream on Apple.com
www.apple.com

Apple Events

Watch the latest Apple event stream, and check out the archive of special event announcements for our products and services.

t1568134800z1.png

Rumor thread

Last edited:

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
just got my XR, so I am set for a few years.

Will still watch, always fun.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
The rumour mill hasn't pointed to much innovation this time round, but we'll see.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap, the Apple logo looks like it's the new XR colors. The rumors said we'd lose coral and get green and lavender. I'm so in for a green iPhone. Can't wait!

Feb 1, 2018
Probably doing an "XI Max" or whatever the larger one is called. Or I'll wait for 2020 for USB-C and 5G

Not sure if I'll upgrade my S4 watch, it's basically perfect. I guess battery life and LTE reception can always be improved. My only actual gripes are with 3rd party support (no official Tesla watch app)

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
The rumour mill hasn't pointed to much innovation this time round, but we'll see.
To be fair everyone's been shitting on the 3 camera design but no one knows what it does yet, so, I think people should just wait and see. In terms of a spec upgrade it does seem fairly lacklustre but I'm sure they've got a few tricks up their sleeves.

There are also pretty interesting rumours surrounding new Mac's. And we have basically seen almost 0 rumours about the watch.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
My 8+ is doing just fine. I'll wait until they push for USB-C on their phones. No reason this is still using that awful lightning connector.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Innovation huh? So you mean adding a feature to the iPhone that has been on other phones for years and call it innovation. Got it. (Not hating. Looking forward to see what apple brings to the iphone this year)
Translucent colored back iPhones and it will instantly become the greatest phone ever made.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to upgrading my X, my phone camera gets lots of use and is my main camera as it's always on me so the big bump in camera quality will be great.

absolutely no reason to upgrade my series 4 watch this year.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Regardless of what we already know about announcements and if you are a fan or not these are always cool to tune into.

My biggest hope is usb c on the iPhone Pro leave the regular on lightning if you have to but I hate only using lightning for my phone while everything else is usb c.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you do realize the old Apple logo used to be multicolored? The rumor is Apple is going back to using that. iMac translucent isn't going to be a thing with new iPhones.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Currently, we are committed to not replacing our X's when the contract is up in January but if they offered something with enough new features I'd be curious. So far, though, nothing has seemed like a big enough jump for me to bother upgrading at this point.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Been waiting for official word to make my decision about my phone upgrade this year.

I'm about 90% certain at this point that I'm making the Apple switch from Android. Rumors sound kinda weak from a technical standpoint BUT the thing is I'm not upgrading from last year's iPhone, so it would still be basically my best option, lol.

Looking forward to this event. I was really surprised by WWDC this year, and that's where I started to consider and research the implications of making the swap.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
That giant glass camera lens cover scares the hell out of me. The cover on my X got a chip in it, which basically requires the entire back plate assembly to be replaced if I wanted it to get it's full resale value back. which apple wants $600 to do which just isn't worth it. Local shops can do it for $200, but then they probably won't be using official parts.

Such a mess!

May 9, 2018
Predicting new product announcements aside from the iPhone has become more difficult since Apple now releases product refreshes off-cycle (e.g. AirPods/MacBook Pro/iPad) that would normally be announced around this time. I suppose there could be an October event for a new iPad Pro.

Personally I want an iMac Pro update w/ a Navi GPU but that's wishful thinking.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Given the rumors not sure the tag line is the most appropriate. But we will see. Always up for a tech conference

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they have a trick up their sleeve. This is the year to play the ace card