• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Infinity Times Two
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How do these companies not realize a stats feature with social sharing would be absolutely huge?

I understand it's not for everyone, but they could put an "Enable stats for nerds" checkbox in the settings.

It wouldn't even be very un-Apple, they actually present great stats in the Activity and Health apps as well as Screen Time. Like, you know how to do this.

Oct 25, 2017
Last.fm's Scrobbler app is shit.

I understand it's not for everyone, but they could put an "Enable stats for nerds" checkbox in the settings.

It wouldn't even be very un-Apple, they actually present great stats in the Activity and Health apps as well as Screen Time. Like, you know how to do this.
It should 100% be in For You and you should be able to see your friends' top listens for the week. The social stuff has huge potential but both Spotify and AM don't want to commit to it.

I see spotify and AM links all over twitter and music in instagram. People want to see what their friends are listening to!

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yoooo this goes back to 2015. I used spotify for most of this year until switching back to apple music.

it's awesome that I get the playlists from 2015-18.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Yep I'm surprised no one bought out last.fm. In built stats for these apps would be amazing

im still bitter about how awesome last.fm was before they ruined it

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Yep I'm surprised no one bought out last.fm. In built stats for these apps would be amazing
I love Last.fm. It's a shame that Apple doesn't natively integrate with it like Spotify and Tidal do.

That being said, I would LOVE to see Apple bake in deep stats/trends and overall data relating to listening habits. It would certainly help to fine-tune the recommendation algorithm. I just love seeing graphs lol.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't seem to be correct. Says I've only listened to some artists for 1 hour when it's been like....over 100 easily

and my most played song only has 9 plays..

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Lol pretty much the top 10 I expected
zuQCMmc.jpg

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah, I've been waiting for them to copy Spotify's Wrapped feature. Love that you can look at past years as well

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I was jokingly going to say that "Midnight Hour" is #1 because it's in every EDM/Dance playlist, and it's fucking #1. I hate that song so much.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I do wish the would tap into the metadata a bit more. I've been using Marvis pro and they let you sort your songs/album/artists/playlists etc by time played, etc.

The metadata is there (as evident by them being able to go back to 2015 plays) but they just don't use it. Apple track a SHIT TON of metadata in iTunes but its all behind the scenes. Curious if they'll keep doing stuff like this to capitalize on it.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
oh god.. my previous years playlists. 2015 is full of Bieber. 2016 is full of Hamilton

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
This is so goodé!

2019 was basically the Year of Ariana for me. I didn't realise how much I stan her.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Unable to get my playlist on my iPhone, just says an error occurred every time I go to the site and request the playlist.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I listened to a lot of Blink 182 this year... no surprise there. My number 2 is very shameful as well.

Wish it had more stats and did the same page for previous years besides the current one but it's a start.

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
My top 20 is just Charli XCX - Charli and Carly Rae Jepsen - Delicated. Not one song from another artist or album.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
It appears that everyone in my family plan is showing up in my list?

I am not surprised at my top 10 although I am shocked that 1 and 2 aren't flopped (esp considering 7empest is my least fav song on the album). Doesn't appear to show non-AM music either, TOOL's other songs/albums aren't showing and I'm sure those should be high up there asswell- but I haven't added the AM versions of all those albums yet.

Pic won't upload so have this copied list.
    7empest
    TOOL
    75 plays
    Pneuma
    TOOL
    68 plays
    Descending
    TOOL
    56 plays
    Invincible
    TOOL
    56 plays
    Culling Voices
    TOOL
    54 plays
    Fear Inoculum
    TOOL
    52 plays
    Sick From the Melt (feat. Trevor Friedrich)
    Motionless In White
    40 plays
    Chocolate Chip Trip
    TOOL
    38 plays
    BLACK STATIC
    HEALTH
    34 plays
    Dark Passenger
    Motionless In White
    31 plays
Yeah, doesn't count iTunes stuff me thinks. Perturbator is my second most 'listened to' but does not show in the list at all. Shit's borked, what's new!

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
The DIIV album only came out last month and is somehow my most played album of the year with almost 300 plays X___X

Oct 25, 2017
ping didn't have stats and it was barely a social platform. I still have no idea what the purpose of ping was.
Yeah it was barely a competent social platform. Doing a network where you just post music is stupid. Allow collaborative playlists, profiles with stats for friends, and being able to discover music easily from others and we'll be talking then.

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
Weird. It says I haven't listened to enough Apple Music to generate a list, but it's been my primary source of music for the last 2 years.

Oh well.

I know what my top 10 songs are, but was interested to see a larger list.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Last.fm's Scrobbler app is shit.

It should 100% be in For You and you should be able to see your friends' top listens for the week. The social stuff has huge potential but both Spotify and AM don't want to commit to it.

I see spotify and AM links all over twitter and music in instagram. People want to see what their friends are listening to!
Plain and simple Last FM is fucking garbage. It's so convoluted it's insane.

How the fuck has nobody done what last fm does.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Ive been using this shit for a few weeks and I have to say that I have never used such a terrible app on my Android and PC. My midrange Android runs Spotify easily, everything is fast, Apple Music is the complete opposite. Every selection I make, the phone freezes for a second, blank screen, then starts to load. There is no feedback for selecting stuff so while the app is in this semi-frozen state I keep pressing because I think it did not read my input... turns out it just sucks. An don my i7 and 16gb tam? the absolute same shit. On my iPad Pro? Works flawlessly. Fuck Apple, I will just use it for the 3 months for free that I got (plus Apple TV+) and cancel it.

oh, cant cast from my iPad to my Google Assistant devices (but can from Android) and I cant cast the Beats Radio from anywhere because.. idk why, it just say "cant cast live radio". What the fuck.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'm glad they added this. I know last year I tried to use a shortcut to generate a similar playlist but it wasn't quite as nice as Spotify Wrapped/Apple Replay.

I'll agree with everyone asking for more stats. It seems like it'd be some small side project that they could brag about at an Apple event to at least make Apple Music look a bit more interesting. I want more stats. Give me some bubble graphs of most listened genres, most listened to albums vs. most listened to songs (album listen requires at least 1 play per song or something, I dunno). It's easy to say Ping was a failure so these features aren't desireable (which is probably still right, I think wanting to see detailed stats and what your friends are listening to is pretty niche) but as far as I could tell, Ping was only ever used by a few artists as like a reject Twitter where the only posts are about upcoming shows. I should just sign up for the Apple Music API and see what it could do.

I think they may have gotten rid of viewing past years. I don't see any option on the page for that anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit google step your game up. I'd have switched to spotify or Apple by now but I value the ability to upload my own music too much. Is google still the only one that allows this?