• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Apple Products do You have?

• Mac

Votes: 394 64.0%
  • iPad

Votes: 446 72.4%
  • iPhone

Votes: 535 86.9%
  • Watch

Votes: 368 59.7%
  • Airpods

Votes: 405 65.7%
  • AppleTV

Votes: 308 50.0%
  • None: The Dark World

Votes: 25 4.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 134

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
edug3OZ.png

Who else is grabbing the iPhone X this Friday? Hopefully no one else so I can get mine.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mmm.. that new thread smell. Oh I wish I could do that, but I already opted to buy the iPhone 8. Been using it for awhile on the iPhone Upgrade Program and it has been delightful. Love that glass back and wireless charging.

Kaotic

Oct 23, 2017
New York
I'm going to stop by a T-mobile store after class and see if i can preorder one. I have a feeling I probably wont be able to though if the rumors of only 2-3 million units available worldwide at launch are true.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I can finally talk about preording iPhones again!!!!!!

I did the pre approval the other day for thr Upgrade program. Hoping I'm lucky enough to get a day one

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Got an Apple Watch Series 3 to replace my Series 0 yesterday.

Love the speed of it, and all the extra functionality. Bit worried by the HRV values though, I average very low, which I'm told is a bad thing. Guess I'll live.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually considering paying the $100 markup to pre-order at Best Buy to get the X outright. Really would like to keep my monthly trade-in credits from last years Verizon promo.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
You were right all along man
Not getting the X but will probably upgrade to XI Plus next year or XII Plus in 2019, I'm not all too confident about the X after what they showed off software wise.

E: wait, this place doesn't support emoji wtf

Oct 25, 2017
My iPhone is too fresh to justify jumping on the iPhone X right now but it's definitely tempting. Also I miss AJx's user tag but the avatar conveys all the murderous revenge you need.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tempted to get one myself on Friday but I'm hoping I can wait a few more months and save up and just purchase it outright

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be a pain trying to get an X. What do you guys think will be the best way to get one? Apple or AT&T app?

Last edited:

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
My dad is all in on the X train. Gonna test it out once he gets it to see if I made a huge mistake with the 8+ (which I'm pretty disappointed with, coming from a 7+).

tx2005

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got my X pre-approval completed.

I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best tomorrow night.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Was looking for this one. I will need it tomorrow night. Gonna nab an unlocked iPhone X from Apple Store Canada.

Deleted member 1062

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got my preapproval for iUP ready to go. I live in Silicon Valley and see one in the wild basically every day and it's driving me mad

AlphaTwo

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There's no iPhoneX thread right now right? This will do. Tomorrow night I will be here with you guys. I need a new phone. My 6 Plus will not do.

GringoJB

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Gonna try for the X here in a little more than 24 hours... glad to finally have a place to check in and obsess over preorder strategies and to all cry together when we all fail miserably ;-) Seriously though, best of luck to all, and I'm sure I'll be checking back in here!

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
the 6 is no longer for sale (the 6S is). The 7 is a HUGE step up in performance/etc from the 6. 7 vs 6S. is more debatable, especially if you want a headphone jack

Get the 6S if you need the headphone jack. A 7 is faster and will likely last you a little longer if you are wanting a phone to last a while. Don't get an original 6 at this point.

ah correct, the 6S. I think i'm going to stay in the headphone jack world a bit longer and go with the 6S. gonna keep an eye out for one once the apple cycle completes. Thank you

OP
OP

Deleted member 134

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a limit of two iPhones per account, right? I'll be getting two for my household but I want to get a couple more X models for gifts. It would make for fun studio portrait excitement altogether.

less

Oct 25, 2017
No X, happy with my SE. Waiting on details of the Mac Pro... any month now.

Same here. Don't think that the X is for me at all. Will keep my 7 Plus until the next version.

Speaking of Mac Pros...I really hope that they have a killer design this time around. Wasn't too fond of the last one they came up with. Also, 8k monitors please, Apple.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i have been wanting to buy a macbook pro lately bu i know intel has been rolling out 8th gen laptop cpus in windows machines. Is it worth waiting for that before i buy one?

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
So for those who own a MacBook can I get a bit of advice?

I purchased a rMBP in 2012 and it's the best computer I've ever owned. However it's been over 5 years. But the thing is...the son of a bitch is still running like a champ. I don't try to game on it but retro games which I'm into run fine on it. And my primary use cases are:

-Browsing
-Netflix (and chill w/ Mrs. Mammoth)
-Sublime Text
-Postman
-Charles Proxy
-Messages for texting
-iTunes for Music and Movies

But...the battery is toast. Will apple still service a MacBook from 2012 and replace the battery for a fee? Or should I not bother? Are new MacBooks so much faster that I'd hate myself for NOT upgrading? Advice is appreciated.

AlphaTwo

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So for those who own a MacBook can I get a bit of advice?

I purchased a rMBP in 2012 and it's the best computer I've ever owned. However it's been over 5 years. But the thing is...the son of a bitch is still running like a champ. I don't try to game on it but retro games which I'm into run fine on it. And my primary use cases are:

-Browsing
-Netflix (and chill w/ Mrs. Mammoth)
-Sublime Text
-Postman
-Charles Proxy
-Messages for texting
-iTunes for Music and Movies

But...the battery is toast. Will apple still service a MacBook from 2012 and replace the battery for a fee? Or should I not bother? Are new MacBooks so much faster that I'd hate myself for NOT upgrading? Advice is appreciated.
Will be charge. I replaced my 2011 battery last year. Full price of battery.

New MacBooks are nice, but I just wasn't ready to spend the money on the MacBook right at the moment, so battery replacement then only.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to hope and pray that I get one of the dozen X's available for pre-order on Friday

I'm not holding my breath though.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so the X preorder is tomorrow at midnight?

Sheeeeeeeit, the sooner the better. I'm so ready to get more than two hours of battery life out of my phone and actually not take crummy ass pictures for once.

The space and speed will be nice too!

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to try and get an X until they announced there's no down payment for JoD. Ugh. Looks like I'm staying up until midnight tomorrow.