• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Apple Products do You have?

• Mac

Votes: 394 64.0%
  • iPad

Votes: 446 72.4%
  • iPhone

Votes: 535 86.9%
  • Watch

Votes: 368 59.7%
  • Airpods

Votes: 405 65.7%
  • AppleTV

Votes: 308 50.0%
  • None: The Dark World

Votes: 25 4.1%

• Total voters

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fairly worrisome for customers, and for the long-term health of the company. First Apple Music on Alexa, now iTunes on generic smart TVs. And prior to that, discontinuing the AirPort line and Cinema displays so that the holistic Apple ecosystem we enjoyed is crumbling. Instead of just making better products so people want to stay locked-in to the Apple garden, it seems that Tim has decided the fight is lost, and that Apple should just put their services everywhere and try to become more of a software brand like Google. I think Steve would be rolling in his grave if he knew what's going on.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fairly worrisome for customers, and for the long-term health of the company. First Apple Music on Alexa, now iTunes on generic smart TVs. And prior to that, discontinuing the AirPort line and Cinema displays so that the holistic Apple ecosystem we enjoyed is crumbling. Instead of just making better products so people want to stay locked-in to the Apple garden, it seems that Tim has decided the fight is lost, and that Apple should just put their services everywhere and try to become more of a software brand like Google. I think Steve would be rolling in his grave if he knew what's going on.

Steve's obstinance on ecosystem lock-in would have essentially killed Apple as the modern juggernaut before it even become one—he didn't want iTunes on PC, which was essential to making the iPod boom and in turn fueling the iOS ecosystem.

The guy was not infallible.

The Letter C

Alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Maybe, they will need to improve their software offerings if that is the case though. Especially Siri which I'm constantly surprised at my wife's iPhone can't do a lot of the stuff that Google home or Alexa can do.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when Apple puts iMessage on Android/Windows/OtherPhones and then we'll talk...

AirPort and Cinema displays are just about two of the worst examples too. Both very low sales and low margin products (by Apple standards). I have two AirPort Extreme 6th Gen routers in my house purchased many years ago and I will use them until they become insecure/obsolete/failed or a new WiFi standard is released that would significantly improve my WiFi in my house.

Apple is expected to be releasing a branded Pro display this year with their new Modular Mac Pro. Expect it to be high end and pricey. Apple gave you LG Ultrafine 4K/5K displays that you can buy on their web site. And you can buy Eero mesh wifi.

Apples Ecosystem is bigger than ever. Cutting the fat is part of growing. Sometimes you have to let go of things in order to grow.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Its really a big horror for a company to not take the money from people on devices that they cant do shit on. I now get pretty surely some bullshit accusations that I am an Amazon fanboy or stupid shit like that, but people who want a Smart Speaker dont spend 200 bucks on a device that has an assistant who cant do shit. They buy a Echo Dot. Also people dont want Apple TVs, there is a reason they always gave that bullshit statement about the device beeing a hobby. They didnt invested manpower because people dont care and dont buy. And not everyone buys inferior devices because it has a apple printed on, they buy a FireStick instead, or a Echo Dot. So why not try to still get some money from these people? I would never be so stupid to get a Apple Music Subscription when I had to buy another one to have music on my Dot. Now people can use their subscriptions on their iPhone and their other device.

Also, Apple Music is by the way on Android for x years.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when Apple puts iMessage on Android/Windows/OtherPhones and then we'll talk...

Apples Ecosystem is bigger than ever. Cutting the fat is part of growing. Sometimes you have to let go of things in order to grow.

At this point, I think iMessage on other phones is now a matter of when, not if.

Third-party products don't make up for the shrinking hardware ecosystem. I want to use Apple because I trust them. Especially on privacy, and you can't guarantee privacy and security when you don't own the hardware.

Also, Apple Music is by the way on Android for x years.

Different battle. Android vs. iPhone was a stalemate by the time they put iTunes on it, and it was more of a way to tease people into the ecosystem, as they did with iTunes on Windows. With Alexa, it's basically an admission that Amazon won the smart speaker market, and "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" That's not the attitude of the Apple I love. Steve would say, "Fuck those guys. We'll make a speaker so good, no one would buy anything else."

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Different battle. Android vs. iPhone was a stalemate by the time they put iTunes on it, and it was more of a way to tease people into the ecosystem, as they did with iTunes on Windows. With Alexa, it's basically an admission that Amazon won the smart speaker market, and "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" That's not the attitude of the Apple I love. Steve would say, "Fuck those guys. We'll make a speaker so good, no one would buy anything else."
The speaker itself is not the problem, its Siri and if they want to make Siri competive, they have to give up on the userdata promises and cant do funny ads at CES anymore.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
The speaker itself is not the problem, its Siri and if they want to make Siri competive, they have to give up on the userdata promises and cant do funny ads at CES anymore.

$350 for a smart speaker is a problem. Apple priced most people out.

You can buy an Echo for $79 or 99 bucks. A lot of people find it good enough.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would have probably gotten a HomePod by now if it supported any kind of non-proprietary connection, besides AirPlay 2. Headphone jack, optical, or simply bluetooth. AirPlay 2 may be getting good support but I can't conceive a $350 speaker that 1) can die as soon as a proprietary standard dies and 2) cannot playback from sources other than Apple's own ones. If you have a friend, SO or family member with an Android device, they can't play anything on it. If you want to connect it to anything else for fun, you can't. That's draconian to the very highest degree. Even the AirPods can be connected to anything bluetooth, even if not as easy as connecting it to an Apple device. Even the iPod Hifi had line-in. But the HomePod situation is comparable to lightning earpods trash, except at $350.
2019 iPhones might feature a smaller notch

It does make sense to me, but I'll be holding my X until the redesign version in 2020.. no point upgrading in 2019 when 5G SoC Modems will be ready in 2020 in my view
I can't wait for 5G to take over my home connection but I could care less for it on my phone, as I'm not particularly interested in game streaming either. Never used 4G @50Mbps on the phone and thought "I wish this went faster". But at home, with multiple connections, online gaming and not wanting or being able to get a good landline, it's a game changer.

Last edited:

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/01/07/netgear-orbi-wifi-6-gigabit/

Netgear Unveils New Orbi 802.11ax Mesh Wi-Fi System for Gigabit Internet

netgearorbiwifi6-800x659.jpg

What advantage does "ax" WiFi 6 have over "ac" WiFi 5? Does it only make a difference if you have super fast Gigabit Internet?

"No Apple devices take advantage of Wi-Fi 6 at this time, but it's likely to be built into future iPhones, iPads, and Macs."

So why is Apple waiting on Wi-Fi 6?

Whenever I upgrade to WiFi 6 it will be the first time that I am not using an Apple WiFi router since I got one of the AirPort Extreme around 2003-2004.

Airportextreme.jpg

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Because it only just became a standard. It's new, they're not waiting.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any extra technology in the "mesh" WiFi routers they sell nowadays? Like say Eero.

I have two Airport Extremes 6th Gen,
one rebroadcasts the others signal. But it's not called "mesh".

Is what I have exactly the same as the modern "mesh" branded routers?

Oct 25, 2017
I would have probably gotten a HomePod by now if it supported any kind of non-proprietary connection, besides AirPlay 2. Headphone jack, optical, or simply bluetooth. AirPlay 2 may be getting good support but I can't conceive a $350 speaker that 1) can die as soon as a proprietary standard dies and 2) cannot playback from sources other than Apple's own ones. If you have a friend, SO or family member with an Android device, they can't play anything on it. If you want to connect it to anything else for fun, you can't. That's draconian to the very highest degree. Even the AirPods can be connected to anything bluetooth, even if not as easy as connecting it to an Apple device. Even the iPod Hifi had line-in. But the HomePod situation is comparable to lightning earpods trash, except at $350.
I can't wait for 5G to take over my home connection but I could care less for it on my phone, as I'm not particularly interested in game streaming either. Never used 4G @50Mbps on the phone and thought "I wish this went faster". But at home, with multiple connections, online gaming and not wanting or being able to get a good landline, it's a game changer.

Yeah the lack of line-in definitely is where the HomePod loses me. The iPod Hi-Fi remains a useful (even good!) speaker today because it's got a line-in. If Apple even stuck a USB-C port on the back it would make it far more appealing.

Their philosophical war on the headphone jack left the areas it made sense (small devices with a premium of space) into the absurd (touting the iPad Pro as a pro audio machine without a way to charge and listen to music latency-free.)

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Tried the 40mm watch at a store yesterday and I was a bit surprised by how small it actually was. I'm a skinny guy and I've always thought massive watches look tacky as fuck, so I obviously figured I'd go for the smaller watch, but it was TINY. They didn't have the 44m one for me to try, unfortunately, so I guess I'll go check out some other stores next week.

Seemed like a damn solid device, though. Getting closer to buying one for myself soon.

I might have to start looking for a wireless charger that can charge both my iPhone 8 and the watch at the same time, though.

I got the 44 mm Series 4 for my birthday and think it looks fantastic, and I have scrawny-ass wrists. The larger size is also important for usability imo, as the speed and screen size of the watch makes using it for tasks you'd normally do on your phone much easier compared to earlier models.

The build quality and overall look is truly fantastic as well. Love the ceramic back. The screen makes my wife's Series 3 look ancient.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any extra technology in the "mesh" WiFi routers they sell nowadays? Like say Eero.

I have two Airport Extremes 6th Gen,
one rebroadcasts the others signal. But it's not called "mesh".

Is what I have exactly the same as the modern "mesh" branded routers?
I used to have a normal WiFi router and then an extender in another room, but the extender's speed was significantly less (I assume your setup works similarly).

Since I use WiFi so much I decided to get the Orbi. It apparently uses some high speed connection directly between the main unit and the "satellite" unit and it definitely is true from my experience. The satellite unit was MUCH closer to full speed than my extender ever was. My PC that was directly connected to my extender got 3x faster internet speed when connected to the mesh satellite unit.

It cost a lot more than I had spent on WiFi routers in the past, but with how many WiFi devices I have and how much I depend on WiFi it's been a godsend. Fast speed throughout my house, and I think I've only had to cycle the router once the two years or so I've own it, which I used to do weekly.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I got the 44 mm Series 4 for my birthday and think it looks fantastic, and I have scrawny-ass wrists. The larger size is also important for usability imo, as the speed and screen size of the watch makes using it for tasks you'd normally do on your phone much easier compared to earlier models.

The build quality and overall look is truly fantastic as well. Love the ceramic back. The screen makes my wife's Series 3 look ancient.

Yeah, usability is obviously a concern so even if the 44mm looked just a bit too big, I'd still probably rather go for that one. Haven't had the time to search out a store that has it so I could try it for myself - maybe later this week.

Continuing with my watch questions, anyone here a heavy podcast listener with one? I've resumed listening to The Adventure Zone with Pocket Casts and I find myself tinkering with the playback settings (speed, mainly) and jumping forward and backward and pausing/resuming quite a lot. I'd still listen to them on my iPhone, but can I do all the playback manipulation on the watch? And if yes, is it easy/fast to get to the playback controls, or do you have to like, go to the home screen, tap Pocket Casts open etc. every time you lift the watch up and unlock it?

Specifically with Pocket Casts. I'd rather stick with this app.

Last edited:

Kikuchiyosuke

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, usability is obviously a concern so even if the 44mm looked just a bit too big, I'd still probably rather go for that one. Haven't had the time to search out a store that has it so I could try it for myself - maybe later this week.

Continuing with my watch questions, anyone here a heavy podcast listener with one? I've resumed listening to The Adventure Zone with Pocket Casts and I find myself tinkering with the playback settings (speed, mainly) and jumping forward and backward and pausing/resuming quite a lot. I'd still listen to them on my iPhone, but can I do all the playback manipulation on the watch? And if yes, is it easy/fast to get to the playback controls, or do you have to like, go to the home screen, tap Pocket Casts open etc. every time you lift the watch up and unlock it?

Specifically with Pocket Casts. I'd rather stick with this app.

I'm using Pocket Casts with a Series 3 watch and yes, you'll be able to tinker with the playback settings, pause/play, forward/backward, and even volume control using the watch.

You'll also be able to see your "Up Next", "Downloaded", and custom playlists there and start any podcast that's in those playlists by using the watch (I've only tried that with downloaded podcasts, though).

It's vey easy to access the playback controls. Just lift the watch up and Pocket Casts should be the first thing you see.

Also, Airpods + Apple Watch + Pocket Casts is a godsend. I don't even have to look at my phone anymore.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm using Pocket Casts with a Series 3 watch and yes, you'll be able to tinker with the playback settings, pause/play, forward/backward, and even volume control using the watch.

You'll also be able to see your "Up Next", "Downloaded", and custom playlists there and start any podcast that's in those playlists by using the watch (I've only tried that with downloaded podcasts, though).

It's vey easy to access the playback controls. Just lift the watch up and Pocket Casts should be the first thing you see.

Also, Airpods + Apple Watch + Pocket Casts is a godsend. I don't even have to look at my phone anymore.

Perfect, it really does sound like the watch should be able to do everything I want it to do! Getting pretty excited about this lol.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Tried the 40mm watch at a store yesterday and I was a bit surprised by how small it actually was. I'm a skinny guy and I've always thought massive watches look tacky as fuck, so I obviously figured I'd go for the smaller watch, but it was TINY. They didn't have the 44m one for me to try, unfortunately, so I guess I'll go check out some other stores next week.

Seemed like a damn solid device, though. Getting closer to buying one for myself soon.

I might have to start looking for a wireless charger that can charge both my iPhone 8 and the watch at the same time, though.

If you have the money fir the 4g model and you are a bumbling idiot like me, id recommend it btw. I had the 2 with sphire screen, but only the glass version is available here and Ive already scratched it.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
At this point, I think iMessage on other phones is now a matter of when, not if.

Third-party products don't make up for the shrinking hardware ecosystem. I want to use Apple because I trust them. Especially on privacy, and you can't guarantee privacy and security when you don't own the hardware.
iMessage on other platforms is moot if they implement RCS, which might have a chance (vs seeming unlikely before).
I'd consider it more a realistic view that "our users have a lot of third party shit" and understanding the key value characteristics of certain things. The value of Apple Music (and whatever future video stuff) is in the content itself, and the easier it is to get to it the more valuable the service is.

It's kind of a viewpoint shift of services as a value add to the hardware, to services being valuable on their own. Well in the case of AirPlay on everything I'd say that's added value to the main Apple hardware (iPhones, iPads, Macs) since you'll be able to AirPlay to whatever in the future, while reducing the value of the Apple TV...which is a fine tradeoff if you think about it.
I used to have a normal WiFi router and then an extender in another room, but the extender's speed was significantly less (I assume your setup works similarly).

Since I use WiFi so much I decided to get the Orbi. It apparently uses some high speed connection directly between the main unit and the "satellite" unit and it definitely is true from my experience. The satellite unit was MUCH closer to full speed than my extender ever was. My PC that was directly connected to my extender got 3x faster internet speed when connected to the mesh satellite unit.

It cost a lot more than I had spent on WiFi routers in the past, but with how many WiFi devices I have and how much I depend on WiFi it's been a godsend. Fast speed throughout my house, and I think I've only had to cycle the router once the two years or so I've own it, which I used to do weekly.
Yeah the old style was WDS extending or something, which was brutal on speeds to any extenders. The nicest mesh stuff has dedicated channels for the access points for as much speed as possible for any device on network, but even stuff without that is decent too. I think the differences in those cases is just a crapload more bandwidth available in the first place, and smarter/better routing of data in the case of having many access points.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the old style was WDS extending or something, which was brutal on speeds to any extenders. The nicest mesh stuff has dedicated channels for the access points for as much speed as possible for any device on network, but even stuff without that is decent too. I think the differences in those cases is just a crapload more bandwidth available in the first place, and smarter/better routing of data in the case of having many access points.
Yeah, the Orbi router I have automatically sets stuff to 2.4 or 5ghz based on the device and it's data usage which is great not having to manually set that stuff anymore.

I have a bunch of Echo devices and smart plugs for lamps and stuff and it makes it a lot more manageable.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
What is the simplest way to natively play MKV files on an Apple TV? I have a NAS server where all the files are stored, if that helps. Doesn't need to be fancy, just able to play them with subtitles.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
What is the simplest way to natively play MKV files on an Apple TV? I have a NAS server where all the files are stored, if that helps. Doesn't need to be fancy, just able to play them with subtitles.
I personally use Infuse for the exact same purpose and have been very content. I guess there are (free) less fancy apps but I don't know of any / haven't tried any besides Infuse (and Plex, which sucked on ATV when I got it).

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
My new iPad Pro refuses to send people messages and I checked the iMessage settings but I'm not understanding what I need to change.

I'm not sure if this is because I switched from another iPad.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Can anybody help?

I know I'm supposed to be able to bug Apple when I need help, but I'm not even sure where to start with that process yet.

I just sent someone else who has Apple a msg fine...is this bc my friend has Samsung phone?

diditstart

Dec 3, 2017
Los Angeles
My new iPad Pro refuses to send people messages and I checked the iMessage settings but I'm not understanding what I need to change.

I'm not sure if this is because I switched from another iPad.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Can anybody help?

I know I'm supposed to be able to bug Apple when I need help, but I'm not even sure where to start with that process yet.
https://support.apple.com/

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for some help in restoring an iPad Air 2.

Not sure what happened, but I opened up an iPad Air 2 today that was stuck on the Apple logo when attempting to boot. I put it in DFU mode to restore it, and after taking a long time to "verify" the iPad, it would stop and give me an error message (wish I had written this down). I downloaded the latest iOS 12 IPSW in hopes that a different method would fix it. I got as far as a progress bar on the iPad that's stuck to the start with no signs of continuing.

How bad is it? What are my other options at this point?

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looking for some help in restoring an iPad Air 2.

Not sure what happened, but I opened up an iPad Air 2 today that was stuck on the Apple logo when attempting to boot. I put it in DFU mode to restore it, and after taking a long time to "verify" the iPad, it would stop and give me an error message (wish I had written this down). I downloaded the latest iOS 12 IPSW in hopes that a different method would fix it. I got as far as a progress bar on the iPad that's stuck to the start with no signs of continuing.

How bad is it? What are my other options at this point?

Try restoring again, and if there's an error message write it down.

Also try a different USB cable and USB port on the computer. For whatever reason that does make a difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Do the iCloud tabs work reliably with anyone? Right now, my desktop Mac show none from my iPhone or iPad, my iPhone shows both my Mac and iPad, and my iPad shows only my iPhone's tabs. I've never had this work consistently.

Oct 25, 2017

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Do the iCloud tabs work reliably with anyone? Right now, my desktop Mac show none from my iPhone or iPad, my iPhone shows both my Mac and iPad, and my iPad shows only my iPhone's tabs. I've never had this work consistently.

Works very well here. Does not work so well with my old Mac Pro, but between my iPhone, iPad, and newer Mac it works very reliably. Probably obvious, but make sure you're not browsing on one of them in Private mode, as those tabs won't be seen on other devices.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
My damn watch stopped playing music 1/4 way into my run today. Pissed me off bc I had to stop and fix it. Idk if it froze or what.

Hopefully no more issues going forward.

Either than that Apple Music, watch and AirPods are a pretty nifty combo.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Try restoring again, and if there's an error message write it down.

Also try a different USB cable and USB port on the computer. For whatever reason that does make a difference.

So, I'm still without luck fixing it. I had it plugged into my computer into different ports using different cables, and iTunes kept it stuck to "Verifying iPad restore..." with no movement on the progress bar on the iPad. I had it plugged in for a good half hour before giving up. I'm giving it another shot again, to similar results.

I saw a thread in another forum about a boot loop issue, which might have been what I had. But I'm past that point now that it's in DFU and whatever contents it had is probably wiped off after several attempts to restore the OS. 🤷‍♂️

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So I am thinking about this for a while now.
I am using a Surface Pro 3 for light office work, painting and lot's of surfing and watching/streaming videos. But it's battery life is beginning to see the end of day and I am not really using it's "desktop features" a lot.
I switched from Windows Phone to Android a year ago but I am not really that happy about some things except making my phone look like W10, which is neat. I also could live without Google...

So I am really thinking of switching to iOS for my portable casual office/artist life. I have researched a bit and it seems like Outlook and Onedrive is well integrated into iOS including contacts and calendar, which is the thing I primary use. Am I right about that? And it seems like widgets are now a thing in iOS? I want to see my calendar, news, weather, messages etc on a glance so this is one thing I really need. My last Apple products were the iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 for reference :)

While I don't wanna go all the way in terms of storage and size, I am eying the iPhone XS and the 11" iPad Pro. That would still be in my budget... but ouch anyway ;)

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't bedtime sync across all my devices?

This feature is feeling super clunky and unfinished to me right now.

Absolutely. Also, i hate the fact that you can't tell your device "yeah, i'm up 30 minutes, deactivate today's alarm" without turning off bedtime altogether.
When i get up at 6am (my bedtime is set to wake me at 6:30) i always have to rush back into the bedroom at 6:30 to turn off the stupid alarm.

let me know if i'm missing something here.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
So I am thinking about this for a while now.
I am using a Surface Pro 3 for light office work, painting and lot's of surfing and watching/streaming videos. But it's battery life is beginning to see the end of day and I am not really using it's "desktop features" a lot.
I switched from Windows Phone to Android a year ago but I am not really that happy about some things except making my phone look like W10, which is neat. I also could live without Google...

So I am really thinking of switching to iOS for my portable casual office/artist life. I have researched a bit and it seems like Outlook and Onedrive is well integrated into iOS including contacts and calendar, which is the thing I primary use. Am I right about that? And it seems like widgets are now a thing in iOS? I want to see my calendar, news, weather, messages etc on a glance so this is one thing I really need. My last Apple products were the iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 for reference :)

While I don't wanna go all the way in terms of storage and size, I am eying the iPhone XS and the 11" iPad Pro. That would still be in my budget... but ouch anyway ;)

Yeah, if you mean letting iOS integrate your outlook contacts, it can do that. I personally don't, because my outlook contacts aren't necessarily phone numbers and i don't like that kind of mix in my contact list. Plus I use primarily iOS devices so having them synced anytime I add my appleID to a new phone is far more convenient for me. You could also add your current gmail account to sync those contacts over.

As far as calendars go, yes you can import calendars into the stock calendar and use them as your primary view. And of course if you have more than one calendar synced (like for example I have the iCloud calendar shared with my family and my Office 365 calendar for work) you can set which calendar reminders and events you add are synced with.

OneDrive app on iOS is good. I als have it set to auto backup my photos so I still have them even if I delete them from the phone/iCloud.

Widgets are available, calendar and weather, news all that standard stuff are available. Notifications are better on iOS now, especially with grouping, but there may not be as many interactions available with them as you may be used to on Android.

You cannot, however, set different default apps so you can't make the outlook app your default email program. Though in my experience there are several apps and functions that will at least give you the option of using different apps installed on your device. I encounter this a lot with websites and apps that need to open a map, for example. The 'share sheet' in iOS will open up other options for multiple things you want to do.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just to be clear, widgets live in a separate screen to the left of the notifications panel on iOS (where they've been for the last 5+ years, by the way). It's pretty different from the prominent positing available on WP and Android.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Thanks a lot for the answers! Yeah the loss of widgets/informations at quick glance will be a bit of a problem, or just getting used to.
As long as I can see calendar entries and get reminder notifications from outlook I am happy. And I am not using notification interactions at all on Android, I minimize notifications to the most important stuff - for everything else the icon bubble/number is sufficient. Are there lockscreen apps/widgets? Sorry for all the noob questions ;) Could not find the most definitive answers on web/youtube.