• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Apple Products do You have?

• Mac

Votes: 394 64.0%
  • iPad

Votes: 446 72.4%
  • iPhone

Votes: 535 86.9%
  • Watch

Votes: 368 59.7%
  • Airpods

Votes: 405 65.7%
  • AppleTV

Votes: 308 50.0%
  • None: The Dark World

Votes: 25 4.1%

• Total voters

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Eyeballin' that iPhone X for $724.99 from Best Buy. I have $15 in Rewards I can throw at it to get it down to $709.99 and I'd get $35 in Rewards back in the process.

I could have sworn it had gotten down to $699 before but I might be mis-rememebring that and unfortunately there isn't really a price tracking site like there is for Amazon.

Hmm. Honestly debating between getting a new iPhone or just going for a cellular-enabled Apple Watch instead.

I don't know about cycle refresh on this thing but we liked ours enough that I got a second one for my office. I listen to it all day and love it.

I have Bowers and Wilkins speakers for my PC and they sound just as good but I'm won over by the convenience of just telling Siri what to play on a whim. I also love that I can have my Apple TV push the audio to my office, so if there's a sports event that I'm loosely interested in I'll do that while it's on TV in another room.

I was waiting patiently for the Homepod to release but when it kept getting delayed I just invested in a nice set of powered Klipsch speakers instead, and in the processed dipped my toe into the vinyl pool.

I wish there was a decent alternative for connecting speakers via Airplay 2. I have an old first generation Airport Express I use now but the audio cuts out every so often; whether this is because of the age of the hardware, wireless interference, or something else entirely I have no idea, but it's a real bummer.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching videos on how to preserve the battery life and longevity of my iPhone. Is it okay to leave my iPhone plugged in overnight as I sleep? Seems like a very silly question. But I've heard no in some circumstances.
With my XR, I just always leave it in Low Power mode. I can go about 3-4 days before I need to charge it fully again.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
For me it works out to just charge it in the evening and it's at 100% before I go to bed. I take it off the charger and as part of my bedtime shortcut I kick it into low power mode, airplane mode with wifi/BT radio off. Always plenty of time for backup and podcast/music sync. Feels like the most reasonable thing to do as the wireless charger isn't activated with the device removed, notification and mail servers aren't requested all the time while they aren't of any use to me etc.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Just plug your phone in over night. It's not detrimental to the battery in any meaningful way...

What shortens the battery life of your phone over time is the battery cycles caused by using it every day - and that's gonna happen no matter what.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
its funny that simple HTML bugs happen to everyone

2emAGpS.jpg

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what was going on last page where Chrome kept telling me hackers were trying to steal my shit

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Anyone use budgeting apps for daily expenses? I don't need full budgeting - we have our bills/monthly/yearly expenses etc sorted. I just want something to quickly track daily purchases to avoid death by a thousand cuts. Very easy to buy an occasional coffee or sandwich and over the month it costs a lot
This would be good to know too. Perhaps one where we can access on two devices, for me and my wife.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Is a new iPhone X 256GB worth it at $800 bucks? I need a new phone but not sure if i should just wait for September. Still rocking an OG one plus one and its looking long in the tooth. I just fathom spending 1k on a new Xs and i think the Xr is too big for my liking coming from opo.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is a new iPhone X 256GB worth it at $800 bucks? I need a new phone but not sure if i should just wait for September. Still rocking an OG one plus one and its looking long in the tooth. I just fathom spending 1k on a new Xs and i think the Xr is too big for my liking coming from opo.

The XR is basically the same size as a OnePlus One - actually, it's just a hair smaller in every dimension. Here's a to-scale comparison:

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Apple-iPhone-XR,OnePlus-One/phones/10765,8603

The only things the X has going for it over the XR is the OLED display and zoom camera. The XR will last you longer due to the newer SoC and has a better main camera.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The new phones probably won't be on store shelves for close to six months, and apart from the regular performance and camera improvements, I doubt we'll see many changes.

Nothing wrong with getting a regular X right now. I like the Xr better, but that's a matter of taste.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for something a bit slimmer and downsized then my OPO, that thing is built like a tank and just hate the way it feels in my pocket after all these years. Isn't the X smaller then the xr?

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for something a bit slimmer and downsized then my OPO, that thing is built like a tank and just hate the way it feels in my pocket after all these years. Isn't the X smaller then the xr?

The X is smaller than the XR, yeah. If you really value the smaller size over the better SoC and camera then it's a decent option.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I used to really enjoy reading the Morning and Evening Digests in Apple News, but I think those have been revoked unless you subscribe to News+

Fucking lame

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
No idea what Apples legal team was smoking when they decided to try and take action against this bike route logo... not a good look at all.

https://www.heise.de/mac-and-i/meld...kontra-Fahrradweg-im-Rheinischen-4411317.html

E: Seems like this was reported two days ago already, must've missed it https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/01/apple-opposes-german-cycling-logo-trademark/

As that article in your edit says, companies need to enforce their trademarks, or they risk losing it. The size of the company doesn't matter, if the logo potentially infringes (as I guess the leaf design in this one does for the Apple logo's leaf), they have to police it.

Oct 27, 2017
I've got some similar tips. They stay in my ears 1000% better. I could do flips and shit, like in that Powerbeats ad, if I was capable.
I ended up getting them from Amazon and they're great. Instead of being tinny sounding and loose fitting, her AirPods now have a good amount of bass and fit really well. Only problem is how long they take her to put them on and take them off, which ultimately made it a non-starter. So I took them and put them on my EarPods, and now those aren't junk anymore. So it looks like I'll be ordering her the Powerbeats Pro in 5 minutes when they go on sale.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I ended up getting them from Amazon and they're great. Instead of being tinny sounding and loose fitting, her AirPods now have a good amount of bass and fit really well. Only problem is how long they take her to put them on and take them off, which ultimately made it a non-starter. So I took them and put them on my EarPods, and now those aren't junk anymore. So it looks like I'll be ordering her the Powerbeats Pro in 5 minutes when they go on sale.
Yeah you lose a lot of convenience, especially when you're out and about.

Here's an ugly fix that works for some people, but I'm sure she'd rather have the Powerbeats.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with Airpods have any experience with something like this?

My wife enjoys her AirPods but they fall out when she runs, so rather than buy her Powerbeats Pro, I thought I'd give this cheaper option a chance first.
Just got these delivered and I'm already getting them ready to send back.

I figured the in-ear tips would help them stay in my ear, but they're so small, they don't do anything. These skins fit just like the ear hook skins I've tried before.

Was hoping these would work out, but I'll just buy the Powerbeats Pro.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got these delivered and I'm already getting them ready to send back.

I figured the in-ear tips would help them stay in my ear, but they're so small, they don't do anything. These skins fit just like the ear hook skins I've tried before.

Was hoping these would work out, but I'll just buy the Powerbeats Pro.
I was surprised by that. You need to get the ones with the ear tips for them to stay in place unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the ones you linked. The tips that go inside the ear canal are too small for me, so they don't seal up and help the AirPods stay in place.
I meant the wings. The wings are what hold them in place for me. The tips only appear to be redirecting the sound into the ear canal, which makes for a nicer fuller sound, but it's definitely not noise canceling like other in-ear ear buds. I don't mind it actually. It's a nice middle ground between fully in-ear and on-ear.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
When I got my AirPods I was scared of them randomly falling out but it's never happened yet.

Nov 5, 2017
My problem with the Airpods is that there is no soft silicone eartip, so after keeping them in my ear for 30 min or longer, my ear starts to ache and I am forced to take them off. I would love to keep them in all the time, but my ears just aren't the right shape for the Airpods... :(

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I just got my first pair of Airpods a couple days ago.
They fit super well luckily. I wore them for hours straight at work yesterday.

I knocked them off once accidentally as I forgot they were in my ear and I was changing shirts.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I knocked them off once accidentally as I forgot they were in my ear and I was changing shirts.

I do the same thing. I've forgotten they were in and almost gotten into the shower

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
I have an issue with my airpods (second generation).
My left airpod cant perform a connection with any device since today. Before everything was fine. Now the case is flashing green light which isn't normal. And because of that i cant make a reset as it wont get past the white light.
Unfortunately the Support could not help me.
Anybody with the same issue?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

To me it's less about forgetting, and more about thinking "Maybe this time around, i'll be careful enough not to get my collar stuck on the AirPo... awww fuck, there it goes" - Pretty much every single day 🙈

I have an issue with my airpods (second generation).
My left airpod cant perform a connection with any device since today. Before everything was fine. Now the case is flashing green light which isn't normal. And because of that i cant make a reset as it wont get past the white light.
Unfortunately the Support could not help me.
Anybody with the same issue?
for some super weird reason i had issues connecting my AirPods to my appleWatch the other day. I rebooted my watch (and my phone, for good measure) as well as put the airpods in sync mode. That fixed the problem.

No idea what the flashing green light might mean, or if that's ever a thing that's supposed to happen, though 😕

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So the longstanding e-mail account that I've always used for iTunes (and thus app, movie, TV, etc) purchases died an unexpected death yesterday.

I'm trying to change my iTunes e-mail to the one that is my iCloud stuff and it seems that merge isn't possible. That stems from me having an iTunes account long before even Mobile Me was a thing (let alone iCloud).

The fuckery involved with this is astounding. One tech even suggested that he had just abandoned his original content when this happened to him.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the longstanding e-mail account that I've always used for iTunes (and thus app, movie, TV, etc) purchases died an unexpected death yesterday.

I'm trying to change my iTunes e-mail to the one that is my iCloud stuff and it seems that merge isn't possible. That stems from me having an iTunes account long before even Mobile Me was a thing (let alone iCloud).

The fuckery involved with this is astounding. One tech even suggested that he had just abandoned his original content when this happened to him.

The merge isn't possible, you can't just make a new whatever email address and make that your iTunes account?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The merge isn't possible, you can't just make a new whatever email address and make that your iTunes account?

Well the merge isn't possible (and it should be by now).

Apparently it's not possible to create a new Apple e-mail to make the new Apple ID because it'll be yet another Apple ID that can't be merged. I'm unclear if the support person knew this for sure because another support person suggested that I wipe one of my in-use Apple devices, then create a new e-mail address during setup .. and immediately try that.

I tried to use my GMail account but there's apparently the skeleton of an Apple ID already out there using it. Had to be attempted fraud b/c I didn't create it and the recovery e-mail doesn't belong to me. Apple Support won't give me any information about this or delete the Apple ID, despite watching me use my mobile authentication (2FA) to log into the GMail account via screen share to prove that it's my Gmail. They did confirm that the account essentially has nothing in it, but I can't regain control in any way. I mean they requested that I demonstrate me logging into the account using 2FA to prove that it's mine, then refused to do anything with that once it was completed.

Apple's official level 2 suggestion is to go create another G-mail account to become my new Apple ID. It's absolutely absurd to me that Apple doesn't have a friendly way to replace my Apple ID with a fresh Apple e-mail account. It's absurd to me that they want to push me toward their competitor's product for this.

Oct 25, 2017
No idea what Apples legal team was smoking when they decided to try and take action against this bike route logo... not a good look at all.

https://www.heise.de/mac-and-i/meld...kontra-Fahrradweg-im-Rheinischen-4411317.html

E: Seems like this was reported two days ago already, must've missed it https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/01/apple-opposes-german-cycling-logo-trademark/

Yeah that's just a dumb example of trademark enforcement.
Well the merge isn't possible (and it should be by now).

Apparently it's not possible to create a new Apple e-mail to make the new Apple ID because it'll be yet another Apple ID that can't be merged. I'm unclear if the support person knew this for sure because another support person suggested that I wipe one of my in-use Apple devices, then create a new e-mail address during setup .. and immediately try that.

I tried to use my GMail account but there's apparently the skeleton of an Apple ID already out there using it. Had to be attempted fraud b/c I didn't create it and the recovery e-mail doesn't belong to me. Apple Support won't give me any information about this or delete the Apple ID, despite watching me use my mobile authentication (2FA) to log into the GMail account via screen share to prove that it's my Gmail. They did confirm that the account essentially has nothing in it, but I can't regain control in any way. I mean they requested that I demonstrate me logging into the account using 2FA to prove that it's mine, then refused to do anything with that once it was completed.

Apple's official level 2 suggestion is to go create another G-mail account to become my new Apple ID. It's absolutely absurd to me that Apple doesn't have a friendly way to replace my Apple ID with a fresh Apple e-mail account. It's absurd to me that they want to push me toward their competitor's product for this.

Old logins/backend seem like the weird total failure of modern technology. God help me if Gmail goes away at some point in the future and I've got everything tied to it.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's just a dumb example of trademark enforcement.

Old logins/backend seem like the weird total failure of modern technology. God help me if Gmail goes away at some point in the future and I've got everything tied to it.

That's what it really comes down to. When the tech support people seem baffled why you'd ever want to merge 2 Apple ID's it's just ridiculous. There has been so much evolution in their systems to get people here. One of the Apple support people literally suggested that I abandon some of my digital content.

But if I'm comfortable in their ecosystem and not someone else's, they shouldn't be pushing me away.

Oct 25, 2017
That's what it really comes down to. When the tech support people seem baffled why you'd ever want to merge 2 Apple ID's it's just ridiculous. There has been so much evolution in their systems to get people here. One of the Apple support people literally suggested that I abandon some of my digital content.

But if I'm comfortable in their ecosystem and not someone else's, they shouldn't be pushing me away.
Yeah stuff like migrating purchases/etc is one of those places where I understand why some people are reticent to give over to the all-digital world (and another reason why apps are only like $10 at max.)

The only major investment on my account ultimately is my purchased music, but I've got that on my local machine and backed up to Backblaze so I'm not really concerned about it.