• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Apple Products do You have?

• Mac

Votes: 394 64.0%
  • iPad

Votes: 446 72.4%
  • iPhone

Votes: 535 86.9%
  • Watch

Votes: 368 59.7%
  • Airpods

Votes: 405 65.7%
  • AppleTV

Votes: 308 50.0%
  • None: The Dark World

Votes: 25 4.1%

• Total voters

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
if anything I'll get a case for it in black and just wear oit myself lol.

Honestly, with a decent band, the gold is going to look better on you, than putting the watch in some clunky ass ugly case.
Apple_Watch_Series_2_42mm_Rose_Gold_Aluminum_Case_with_Midnight_Blue_Sport_Band_1000_0001.jpg

FQ122

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
wait does series 4 not come in rose gold? i am confused, i went to order gold because i thought it might have a pink tint to i
Did they take away the rose gold?

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
I literally still can't decide if I should've gotten the 12.9" or not. I enjoy walking about my apartment with the 11", but for class work, more screen real estate for split-screen would be splendid, but is it worth the trade off...

I wouldn't normally be going back and forth like this, but considering the price of this thing, I am compelled to endlessly wrack my mind about it

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
wait does series 4 not come in rose gold? i am confused, i went to order gold because i thought it might have a pink tint to i
There is indeed no rose gold Series 4, but two gold variants (aluminium and stainless steel).

Still waiting for the gold stainless link bracelet, but considering they hid away the brushed SS and black SS models in the store, I have barely any hope left 😢 Not the biggest fan of the Milanese loop, it always looks a bit weird on me I find. Though for the time being, black sports band and the stone sports band that comes with the watch are a fantastic look too.

Wonder if we will get a higher premium tier Series 5 this year after they dropped ceramic with the S4.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My son is going to university (hopefully) this autumn. I think he already has a unidays account because he's getting half price spotify.
Can I as a parent buy him(me) an ipad pro? Are the education discoutns in the UK decent?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
My son is going to university (hopefully) this autumn. I think he already has a unidays account because he's getting half price spotify.
Can I as a parent buy him(me) an ipad pro? Are the education discoutns in the UK decent?
The education discounts in Germany via unidays are totally not worth it at all for Apple hardware, doubt its any different in the UK.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
There is indeed no rose gold Series 4, but two gold variants (aluminium and stainless steel).

Still waiting for the gold stainless link bracelet, but considering they hid away the brushed SS and black SS models in the store, I have barely any hope left 😢 Not the biggest fan of the Milanese loop, it always looks a bit weird on me I find. Though for the time being, black sports band and the stone sports band that comes with the watch are a fantastic look too.

Wonder if we will get a higher premium tier Series 5 this year after they dropped ceramic with the S4.

Shoot, maybe I should just go for the series 3 then and get her the rose gold because I think that's the one she wants.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
A student would get 50-60 quid off an iPad Pro I think. Mac discounts are better - I saved a couple of hundred in 2012.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
The education discounts probably aren't as good a you'd expect. Range from about £30-60 I think depending on what model and storage you choose.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The education discounts probably aren't as good a you'd expect. Range from about £30-60 I think depending on what model and storage you choose.

Thanks all. I'll probabky get it on 0% then. My iPhone X will be paid off soon and I think I'm waiting on a redesign so 2020 for my next phone. Just enough time to slip in 12 months 0% on a pro

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone recommend a good iPad Pro smart cover for the 3rd gen 12.9? £99 for the Apple one is insanity

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like the premium tiers are never going to do well until the Watch is a standalone device with a longevity of a cell phone. Who really wants to blow that much money on something that's dramatically outdated in less than three years?

Oct 29, 2017
The top right of my X silicone cover has split too. It doesn't look too great now but I've tried so many non-Apple cases and nothing comes close to the feel of this so I'm just living with the split.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just picking up a 12.9 64GB - John Lewis have them at £896 so a decent saving over new]
Edit: and a decent quality used pencil for £75

Last edited:

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Apple Watch is fairly easy to use. I think I'd want the bigger one for the bigger screen tho.

If you don't have AirPods already they are awesomecombo

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody know of any good strap compatible cases for the XS Max? I know Moment's cases allow straps to be attached but from what I've read they are thick cases.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
The Apple silicone case of my iPhone X is literally falling apart..
let me guess - the bottom corners are showing the inside plastic?
Yes. The bottom right corner, as well as the top right corner. And a small spot at the left edge, close to the middle.
I had the same issue happen with my first (and only) silicone Apple case for my iPhone 6s +. And when I went to the Apple store to see what they could do about it, they said it wasn't covered by warranty. For $30+ I was a bit miffed and I will never buy another Apple iPhone case again.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Weird, I used the Apple Silicone Case with iPhone 6S and 7 and remember the thing to be quite durable. The first one lasted a year with no visible damage and the one I used with iP7 performed similar in the almost 2 year span I kept it on my phone.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I had a silicone case once and never again. Had a terrible habit of collecting dust and was wildly sticky too.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
My X silicone case seems fine. Bit of wear on the top two corners from sliding it in the pocket but nothing major.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
They're definitely on the pricey side, but I'm rocking a black Apple leather case on my 6S+ that I've had on there since launch and it's pretty much as good as new (obviously the leather is showing a little weathering, but that's just a characteristic of the leather itself). I'll just get another when I do finally upgrade my phone.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to transition to an explicitly wireless/USB-C lifestyle and it's proving kind of difficult. I've basically accepted that any cable at around 2 meters is going to be useful for charging only (up to 100W), data rate is capped at USB 2 speeds. So the long cables I'm grabbing are going to be used purely for charging, and I'll make sure that the short cables I'm getting are all fully featured (10Gbps, DisplayPort video, 100W power).

The one thing I don't want to have to do is pick up a cable and guess "is this for charging, data transfer, or video?" years in the future because none of this shit is labeled. So I'm ditching the stuff I have currently since I'm sure it's all crap, and replacing it with reputable brands like Anker where I've verified the stuff has the feature set I'm looking for.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like my right ear Powerbeats Pro has failed. Just doesn't want to work and the Powerbeats Pro won't reset. Followed the instructions but I never get a flashing red/white light at any point. Annoying.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

Apple just calls it "gold" now but it definitely has a blush/rose tint to it. They made this change a couple years ago – the Series 3 is the same way, as is the iPhone 8 and XS, and the newer iPads and MacBooks.

It's rose gold in all but name. I actually miss the classic "champagne" gold.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Apple just calls it "gold" now but it definitely has a blush/rose tint to it. They made this change a couple years ago – the Series 3 is the same way, as is the iPhone 8 and XS, and the newer iPads and MacBooks.

Yeah I picked it up and my wife loves it

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned that my version of 1Password (v6) won't be working with Safari when Catalina drops. I think I'm going to have to use Chrome for a while until v8 comes out (v7 came out in May of 2018, and I don't want to buy a subscription for it; I want to just buy their standalone license).

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's more blush gold than old "gold" but it's not nearly as pink as "rose gold" was. It's kind of in the middle.

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned that my version of 1Password (v6) won't be working with Safari when Catalina drops. I think I'm going to have to use Chrome for a while until v8 comes out (v7 came out in May of 2018, and I don't want to buy a subscription for it; I want to just buy their standalone license).
Should be a way to get the standalone license on their site (it was rather hidden last time I checked.)

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here has the Airpods 2 with the wireless charging case? What qi charge pad is compatible with it? Which ones do you have?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, yeah I don't see me carrying them in pockets too often. Fortunately I generally have a bag with me, or I'm out for a short enough time that it's not really necessary to have the case.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Well the case fits in my shorts pocket pretty good. Not much else does afterwards.

Anyone know how to choose which rubber eartips you should use for your PowerBeats Pro's?

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
not particularly interested in the new iphone but hopefuilly next years is more interesting. But do I keep my X for another year and then sell it (for not much by then probably) or jump on the iphone upgrade program for a year this year with the intent to swap next year? Never done it before, normally buy outright

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
not particularly interested in the new iphone but hopefuilly next years is more interesting. But do I keep my X for another year and then sell it (for not much by then probably) or jump on the iphone upgrade program for a year this year with the intent to swap next year? Never done it before, normally buy outright
I'm personally keeping my X again this year will wait it out. New cameras don't seem interesting enough yet. We'll see.