• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Apple Products do You have?

• Mac

Votes: 394 64.0%
  • iPad

Votes: 446 72.4%
  • iPhone

Votes: 535 86.9%
  • Watch

Votes: 368 59.7%
  • Airpods

Votes: 405 65.7%
  • AppleTV

Votes: 308 50.0%
  • None: The Dark World

Votes: 25 4.1%

• Total voters

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Apple just announced AirPods Pro. $250, noise cancellation, and a transparency mode.

For that price I think I'm going to wait a while longer to see how Bose's upcoming wireless earbuds are in comparison to these.

I had Bose's model from last year (soundsport free) and they're the comfiest earbuds I've ever used, they just had issues with the connection and audio lag in videos. If they fix that up in their upcoming model, have good sound isolation, and are comparable in price I'll probably go with them over these.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we will get daily product drops this week like before the services event? AirPods Pro today, AirTags, MBP 16", MacPro later?

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we will get daily product drops this week like before the services event? AirPods Pro today, AirTags, MBP 16", MacPro later?

doesn't look like we are getting 10.15.1 today, but it needs to come before Wednesday for the Airpods Pro to work.
wouldn't be surprised to see that + the MBP to drop tomrrow.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Hope Apple implements a trade-in program for Airpods. Mine are still running well but once the battery life is bad, I'll look to get those pro ones.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Has Apple implemented their 'crowd-sourced-encrypted-Find-My-Device' network yet, btw?

The "if your iPhone is in Bluetooth range of another iPhone, it'll show its location even if it's not connected to a WiFi or cellular network" thing?

If so, does that support AirPods as well?

The AirPods pro look neat, the shorter(?) stem is nice. But i have no need for active noise cancellation - it's actually detrimental to how i use my AirPods.

MacBook ProPro next then 🧐

Yes, please. My MacBook (Retina 13" Pro, 2012) is getting buggier by the day. When it goes to sleep and the lid isn't closed, the screen kinda freezes when i wake it back up. I can move the cursor, i can raise and lower the screen brightness, but nothing (beyond the cursor) moves. So i have to actually force a shutdown.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
For that price I think I'm going to wait a while longer to see how Bose's upcoming wireless earbuds are in comparison to these.

I had Bose's model from last year (soundsport free) and they're the comfiest earbuds I've ever used, they just had issues with the connection and audio lag in videos. If they fix that up in their upcoming model, have good sound isolation, and are comparable in price I'll probably go with them over these.

I order a pair. Should be delivered on Thursday. Was getting close to replacing my launch day gen 1 AirPods anyways so these dropped at the right time for me.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
They've switched to USB C for the phones too right?
No. Only for the latest iPad Pro

I think the poster was asking whether they switched from "USB-A -> Lightning" to "USB-C -> Lightning" on the phones as well. The answer is yes.

iu

Oct 29, 2017
Also ordered a pair for delivery on Wednesday. I couldn't get on with the Powerbeat Pro's as the tips all felt uncomfortable so I've ordered these with the expectation that I'll probably end up returning them for the same reason. But maybe these will be the ones that fit nicely so who knows.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Eh works out well for me. My Anker charger only has one USB-C port so we're charging the wife's Pro with USB-A anyways.

I guess it helps charging speed?
Well. The whole USB C transition is pretty terrible tbh. I just bought a MX Master 3 from
Logitech with USB C. Guess what comes with an USB C to USB A cable.
The bigger joke with the non pro 11 is the missing quick charger.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Well. The whole USB C transition is pretty terrible tbh. I just bought a MX Master 3 from
Logitech with USB C. Guess what comes with an USB C to USB A cable.
The bigger joke with the non pro 11 is the missing quick charger.

I would imagine the quick charger requires the USB-C to Lightning cable, so we're back to square 1.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
i use a 10 or 15 watt Anker charger and it works with normal usb cables. But I'm the end it just sucks that Apple doesn't include the better charger and cable with the newest phone

Gamespawn

Oct 25, 2017
Got my wifi iphone 11, currently has pixel 2 with Android 10 on. Move ios data transfer won't connect at all and she REALLY needs to transfer her stuff. Getting "can't communicate with device" error. I've googled all possible solutions and nothing. What the hell can i do? Is there any 3rd party apps just as good? I really hate they don't even give you a chance to transfer after the phone is set up.

- disconnected from all wifi connections
- rebooted
- connected to iphone directly by putting in the password ex. iOS 5647
- just let it connect on it's own, stuck in a loop
What all does she need transferred?
Edit: I heard the Verizon content transfer works really well but takes forever.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I ordered an AirPods pro because I was afraid it'd sell out. Still need to decide on whether or not I'm keeping them but I know I wanted a in-ear headphone with noise cancellation and quick changing from one device to another.

These are for me, I just have buyers remorse because of the amount and how long they may last. It was between this and the Powerbeats wireless headphones

Some part of me wants them to make an over ear too now for home use.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What all does she need transferred?
Edit: I heard the Verizon content transfer works really well but takes forever.

Mainly texts. Google synced everything else luckily. It's just her pixel because it connected to my Note with no problem. The best i can do is backup her texts to gmail. It doesn't connect with imessage though but at aleast she has some sort of access. Just annoyed they couldn't have a simple usb transfer.

Mar 3, 2018
dumb-ish question,

I just got a macbook pro 13 yesterday and didnt think about one thing;

I will probably dabble in some photo editing down the line so storage might become an issue. I think? Would it be better for me to spend to go back and spend $300 CAD to replace it with a macbook pro with 256gb storage, or if I get an external storage for $100-$200 ill be fine? I have never used an external storage before besides some small USBs so dunno what good or bad these days

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered an AirPods pro because I was afraid it'd sell out. Still need to decide on whether or not I'm keeping them but I know I wanted a in-ear headphone with noise cancellation and quick changing from one device to another.

These are for me, I just have buyers remorse because of the amount and how long they may last. It was between this and the Powerbeats wireless headphones

Some part of me wants them to make an over ear too now for home use.
I ordered some too, but I'm gonna use them for a few days and see if i like them before I keep them. I love the idea of them, and current AirPods are my favorite product Apple has ever released, but I'm a bit picky with noise cancellation as the effect can sometimes put pressure on my ears like they're underwater.

Oct 25, 2017
dumb-ish question,

I just got a macbook pro 13 yesterday and didnt think about one thing;

I will probably dabble in some photo editing down the line so storage might become an issue. I think? Would it be better for me to spend to go back and spend $300 CAD to replace it with a macbook pro with 256gb storage, or if I get an external storage for $100-$200 ill be fine? I have never used an external storage before besides some small USBs so dunno what good or bad these days

Just for working scratch storage, 128 can still be a little on the low side. If I did photo editing on my MBA I would certainly want more than the 128 I have. 256 plus a usb drive for real storage would be the way to go.

I have a hackintosh for my photo work though so I am good. I just use the MBA for my web desig and coding work.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Is 13.2 the first iOS 13 update for HomePod? I just checked mine and they are running 12.4 still but had automatic updates turned on.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
If anyone is still using AirPorts for wifi APs, you can pair them with a more modern router and still have a guest network by setting one up on VLAN 1003, which is what the Airports use for it.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
My X is way smoother on 13.2.
Was getting lots of little stutter on the home screen just swiping around with previous versions.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Will Apple TV+ app be available on my 2017 Samsung TV?

EDIT

Looks like only 2018 and 2019 models will be supported at launch. Bummer.

Last edited:

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Is it me or the official YouTube app for iPhone doesn't remember the last used setting for video quality? I get 480p all the time and no, I'm not force quitting any apps. Ever.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good reasonable USB/TB3 external monitor around 27" for a 2016 13" MBP? Containing a USBA hub on it would be a plus. Thx!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
For the MBP charger can you buy cheap third party plug adapters rather than the expensive apple 'world traveller' bundle?

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
For the MBP charger can you buy cheap third party plug adapters rather than the expensive apple 'world traveller' bundle?

you can use anything. The adapters themselves are basically metal wrapped in plastic. All the work is done by the MBP charger. Also the Apple international adaptors preclude you from using the extension cord.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I suppose it's possible and I need to investigate further. So far I've plopped down in the AM and just had to do a quick reboot to get it going.

It literally started when I upgraded though.
It could still be an app that hasn't been updated properly yet and is doing something stupid. Next time check your Activity Monitor before you reboot and see what it is. If it's an Apple app then you'll know they fucked something up, or it could be a background process you don't recognize and will have to Google, maybe other people had the same issue. But it very well could be a third party app and you'll be best off contacting them or making sure there isn't an update with a fix.

Hell, maybe the .1 update actually fixes the problem and you're not getting the fix because you're worried. Might as well update.