• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to keep onto my X for the time being.

How bad were OP's other phone threads to get a 6 month thread posting ban?

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about upgrading from my s7 to an S9.

But then I actually stopped and thought about it.

Increase my phone bill and get locked into another contract for..........what?

What can this new rectangle do so much better than my current rectangle?

Nahh, I'm good. Probably for another 2 or 3 more years honestly.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Advertising is not the issue, reduce the price and fix the fucking OS.
With that being said, couldn't help yourself huh, TI92?

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking about upgrading from my s7 to an S9.

But then I actually stopped and thought about it.

Increase my phone bill and get locked into another contract for..........what?

What can this new rectangle do so much better than my current rectangle?

Nahh, I'm good. Probably for another 2 or 3 more years honestly.
S10 is coming and oh boy, he looks good.

I never had an iPhone, always wondered what's the fuss about. Have my eye on a XR/XS, wait to see if the price drops.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I wanted to upgrade our 7 Plus 256's this year but the cost of the XS and XS Max is prohibitive, especially in Canada. They want $1729 plus tax for a XS Max 256. That's just too much.

And the XR isn't an option to us really. It's not a flagship, plus the aesthetic of the large bezel doesn't appeal at all.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
As said, lower the price. It's not sustainable. I am completely priced-out as well as a bunch of other people I know. Most peeps are staying on their old phone or jumping ship to extremely reasonably priced 'droids.

iOS isn't doing the company any favors either.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
If you've got anything 7 and above there's very little incentive to upgrade. Especially when the phones are so expensive

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, this seems like a price thing. I'm on an iPhone 8, and the jump to the XS is just ridiculous for the extra money. It looks like a great phone, but I think I'll just keep my current phone a while longer to get more bang for my buck when I do upgrade.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
I have an iPhone, but I keep them for at least 3-4 years each, but the prices are ridiculous and there is nothing compelling, Apple has been riding on cruise control since the iphone 4.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I want a blue XR but in Ireland they are like €869 Apple can do one I'm glad they failing people hopefully have woken up

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Apple keeps supporting old devices so not surprising less people want to upgrade. Prices are also obscene though. Was hoping to buy a used X sometime but prices here are still way too high. I don't care about iOS THAT much.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Apple could dip into their insane warchest and give me a one-time subsidy to upgrade. I'd definitely get an XS in that case.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
This is what they get for deviating from Steve Job's 3.5" single product vision.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we are finally seeing the impact of carriers switching form the contract phone subsidy model to the interest free loan model.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Still happily using an iPhone 6 and see no real reason to upgrade, especially at these ridiculous prices.

OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Advertising is not the issue, reduce the price and fix the fucking OS.
With that being said, couldn't help yourself huh, TI92?
Don't actually see what I did wrong here... But I will leave that conversation between myself and the mods. Just reporting on the news as usual

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I wonder if we are finally seeing the impact of carriers switching form the contract phone subsidy model to the interest free loan model.

That's probably a part of it, but that model had to change eventually, especially with the move to 4G and phones having better support for multiple networks.