• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 3, 2019
Not even the first time that happened, there's this game on Steam that has had these for 5 years and they still haven't fixed it

latest

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like Anthem and I hate EA but this isn't a big deal at all. Hardly worth a tweet.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
You'd be surprised what devs leave in their games

I often leave debug comments and strings in the form of "And if this code actually gets into a build, go and kick <myname> in the shins". It's a great motivator to remember to remove stuff... and for the most part, "shins" is a reasonably unique thing to search for!

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
In this case close to final maybe was the right choice, cause it's not the first time they ship an unfinished product.

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It doesn't surprise me at all. I'm working on a realtime application that's been in development for years and years and it's not even a game! Realtime applications take time.. when produced for the masses with AI, sound, level editors, scripts, etc.. I can clearly see it taking a long time.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I found PlayStation 3 instructions in a Switch game (in-game manual) and the developers will propably never bother to remove them. lol

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I found PlayStation 3 instructions in a Switch game (in-game manual) and the developers will propably never bother to remove them. lol

One that always amused me: The first Tony Hawk's Pro Skater happened to be renamed Tony Hawk's Skateboarding in the UK:

pRb7W0yl.jpg

Trouble is, they had a small flaw in the manual. Can you spot the error?

8AsEQkzl.jpg

Career Mode is clearly meant to talk in terms of "As a Pro Skater", but they copy-and-replaced the text without proofreading it resulting in the meaningless "As a Skateboarding"

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
You know, I find it interesting that someone always says that bugs like in Anthem is nothing out of the ordinary. In all my 25 years of gaming, I can count maybe on one hand the times that I encountered bugs like this in games. I find it even funnier that people defend buggy games under the pretense of "its hard making games" when in reality, most bugs in most games wouldnt even be mentioned the same way because most games turn out technically ok. Makes me wonder...

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Yikes. I am still hoping that Anthem improves...and as soon at it does, I'm jumping in.

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
It's a rendering bug, I had a whole section of map do this the other day and it corrected itself after a minute or so. Not a big deal and definitely not newsworthy to me.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, love the Allan stuff.

You know, this was probably on some ticket in Jira, but since Jira is shit, it probably got forgotten somehow.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Could've been worse, at least it's not an asset from a different game, like the AC art in the Uncharted 4 trailer.

I'm of the opinion that placeholders should be super obvious. That hopefully leads to less gaffes like this.