• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the free student sub is just for a limited time? I just received a push notification on my devices telling me about the combo promo (which has been working since launch) and it said "for a short time"? No further info though 🤷‍♂️

E: Also can anyone chime in on video quality on a Mac? I have a 4K display attached to my Mac mini 2018 but the streaming quality doesn't seem nearly as crisp as on my TV. Maybe its just the closer proximity.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed today that all episodes of Dickenson are on the service - was that the case from day 1? Or did Apple just drop episodes 5-10 today?

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed today that all episodes of Dickenson are on the service - was that the case from day 1? Or did Apple just drop episodes 5-10 today?

Since day 1. Some shows dropped all at once, Ghostwriter and Snoopy in Space and Helpsters I believe. I think it'll be a case by case basis.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the free student sub is just for a limited time? I just received a push notification on my devices telling me about the combo promo (which has been working since launch) and it said "for a short time"? No further info though 🤷‍♂️

E: Also can anyone chime in on video quality on a Mac? I have a 4K display attached to my Mac mini 2018 but the streaming quality doesn't seem nearly as crisp as on my TV. Maybe its just the closer proximity.
Yeah I got the message too, but have no idea how to activate it

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Ok cool. My Chromecast has terrible, spotty streaming in pretty much every streaming service so I'm going to try Roku.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Slow as hell on Roku and an uninspiring lineup. Sure glad I'm not paying for this for 12 months.

Yeah, really hope no one is actually paying real money for this right now.

- I've seen tons of smearing glitches on my Roku TV (see: https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleTVPlu..._see_on_my/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x)
- Roku app is insanely laggy and fast forwarding / rewinding is basically impossible to use accurately
- On Apple TV, the latest episodes from Friday are coming up as HDR instead of Dolby Vision (still not fixed as of yesterday night)
- On Roku, the latest episodes from Friday are coming up as SDR instead of HDR (still not fixed as of yesterday night)
- No Dolby Vision support on anything but Apple TV (why?)
- Lineup is meh at best; I'm not gonna lie, I'm only really watching The Morning Show because it looks so good

I can see why they decided on a 12 month duration for the trial.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I went to see Terminator Dark Fate yesterday and there was actually a See trailer right before the movie started, after the other movie trailers.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
For All Mankind continues to be my favorite show on here. Will start See eventually.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Morning show episode is on Thursday because of thanksgiving. So hopefully it's Wednesday at 12am eastern so I can watch it before bedtime. Also not sure if it applies to See or For all mankind. Hopefully it does as I can't wait to watch for all mankind.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Morning show episode is on Thursday because of thanksgiving. So hopefully it's Wednesday at 12am eastern so I can watch it before bedtime. Also not sure if it applies to See or For all mankind. Hopefully it does as I can't wait to watch for all mankind.

I did a little digging and couldn't tell if See our For All Mankind will be early, I hope so!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I keep watching Morning Show despite it being so mediocre each week. I think i just keep hoping it will become as well-written as well-acted and shot it is. It has every making of a quality show, and then the dialogue happens

Glenn Coco

Nov 29, 2017

See is also getting the Thursday drop. No word on For All Mankind as of yet.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
See is also getting the Thursday drop. No word on For All Mankind as of yet.

Nice, some hope we get For All Mankind as well then.

I wonder if Servant would drop on Thursday too, probably not.

Also, do we know what show is up next after Servant on November 28th then the following Friday is Truth be Told. Do we know if there are any more originals to come in December or have to wait for early 2020?

Hopefully we get some teasers / trailers for the new shows for 2020 soon.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I watched episode 1 of For All Mankind yesterday and these shots in absolute darkness with just the moon always give me existential crisis kicks lol
I do hope it picks up a little – I found it was a little bit of a slog to get through until 2/3.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I keep watching Morning Show despite it being so mediocre each week. I think i just keep hoping it will become as well-written as well-acted and shot it is. It has every making of a quality show, and then the dialogue happens

Same. It's gotten worse and less focused. Its a drama straight out of the 90s. I still watch it though.

I do think Servant is going to break out this weekend.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
So, anyone else watching See? I finished the second episode and it seems better than I expected after watching the first one... what the hell is the 'praying' thing lol. I love The Morning Show though, I am always anxious for the next Friday.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone else watching See? I finished the second episode and it seems better than I expected after watching the first one... what the hell is the 'praying' thing lol. I love The Morning Show though, I am always anxious for the next Friday.

I think in the past this actually happened ? I'm no history buff though that's what I read online or gathered from comments.

And I'm slow burning it. Still need to watch episode 6. But it's good and violent as fuck.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I think in the past this actually happened ? I'm no history buff though that's what I read online or gathered from comments.

And I'm slow burning it. Still need to watch episode 6. But it's good and violent as fuck.
After years of Netflix it feels good to have to wait a week for another episode. My gf wants to watch The End of the Fucking Worls S02 but I know that I wont want to watch only one per day (specially because it is 20min long only), then I just refuse and refuse every time. I will take See slow as well, maybe 2 episodes a week is enough.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
First 3 episodes of servant up. Guess all Apple shows episodes out today instead of tmrw. Only see and the morning show was officially announced I think. Watching for all mankind now.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Love the claustrophobic setting of house. No idea where it's going, but I'm in for the ride.

Also, it's looks fantastic!

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I give up on Morning Show. It's such a boring, uneventful, nothing show. Literally only watched because of how nice it looked but now that Apple removed and/or can't figure out how to get HDR working, see no real point to continue.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I'm enjoying the hell out of See. Stoked to check the episode tonight.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
So is any one else having HDR completely disappear? I'm using the 4K fire stick and now I have no HDR on any shows. Every other app still has working HDR/Dolby vision. So it must be either Apple or amazon.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
After years of Netflix it feels good to have to wait a week for another episode. My gf wants to watch The End of the Fucking Worls S02 but I know that I wont want to watch only one per day (specially because it is 20min long only), then I just refuse and refuse every time. I will take See slow as well, maybe 2 episodes a week is enough.

you don't like all episode drops because you can't control yourself from binging? 🤔

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Highly recommend Hala, wasn't expecting much but it's a very interesting slice of teenage life with an Islamic thread throughout.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I somehow got the offer for 1 free year even though I did not buy any device after the announcement.
My nephew is part of my Apple family though and he did get a new Iphone so we were about to get the subscription anyway.

Or did his new device made the free year for me possible?

Anyway, my wife and I are enjoying The Morning Show, just the app on the FireTV 4k stick feels so outdated after using Netflix for so long. The UI is just horrendous.
Got an AppleTV 3 but I don't think it will be better because it is so slow.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See is really good, no one I know has heard of it - hope it's one of those which gains traction in season 2 because the world is fantastic

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! I'm gonna pass then. I don't remember any ads and then it showed up out of nowhere so I had my suspicions it wasn't very good.

Yeah it's unfortunate because I do think there is a show to be made with this premise. The acting is just waaaay off and the editing is beyond odd. There are some shots that just linger for far too long as if to specifically highlight the Apple products being used.

It is very very odd. I've seen the Apple products in other shows and they just felt normal. Here they are made the centerpiece. When the main character sits down to edit her podcast it feels like a Beats commercial.

Other than this show I'm digging everything else on TV+ on a scale of from good to great.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The 8th episode of The Morning Show might be one of the greatest episodes I have ever watched. Great acting and pace.

Now to watch the latest episode of See.

you don't like all episode drops because you can't control yourself from binging? 🤔
It just is nicer to wait for the next week for a episode and talk about it with friends... when a series drops on Netflix 99% of the time the conversation is either "I finished watching, cool series" or "I havent watched it yet".