• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I just wanna say I'm really enjoying Dickinson
Genuinely hilarious and is very sexual lol

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I've only seen the first episode of For All mankind and it seems pretty good. Honestly, I'm surprised by the large amount of subtitles option compared to Netflix which is heavily restricted to a few languages.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Remember the rumor that Apple TV was going to be strictly family friendly content? I think we can ignore whoever started that rumor. Not complaining. The sex makes Dickinson more fun. Not a fan of the gore in See though but that's just personal preference.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
I don't get a free year of TV+ but I went into the app to check it out and it seems like all the premiere episodes are free to watch either way. Maybe everyone knows this already but it was news to me.

Oct 29, 2017
Remember the rumor that Apple TV was going to be strictly family friendly content? I think we can ignore whoever started that rumor. Not complaining. The sex makes Dickinson more fun. Not a fan of the gore in See though but that's just personal preference.

Yeah, while I was watching episode one of The Morning Show, and there was swearing every 10 seconds, I immediately recalled the notion that Apple TV+ would be all family friendly. How did this start, because it is obviously an old wives tale? In For All Mankind, like the fifth word that is even spoken is "motherfucker." I don't mind, but for all I have heard about Apple TV+ since the announcement, I was expecting PG-13 at the worst. Weird how that narrative has made me believe something that is totally not true.

Also, don't sleep on Helpsters. I've had quite a grand time with it, after a couple glasses of wine (haha). The writing is really good, and it brings me back to the days of watching Carmen Sandiego and Square One TV. I mean, the entire first episode is like an RPG. It's so fun. And Amazing Alie is amazing.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, while I was watching episode one of The Morning Show, and there was swearing every 10 seconds, I immediately recalled the notion that Apple TV+ would be all family friendly. How did this start, because it is obviously an old wives tale? In For All Mankind, like the fifth word that is even spoken is "motherfucker." I don't mind, but for all I have heard about Apple TV+ since the announcement, I was expecting PG-13 at the worst. Weird how that narrative has made me believe something that is totally not true.

Also, don't sleep on Helpsters. I've had quite a grand time with it, after a couple glasses of wine (haha). The writing is really good, and it brings me back to the days of watching Carmen Sandiego and Square One TV. I mean, the entire first episode is like an RPG. It's so fun. And Amazing Alie is amazing.

Weirdly, shortly after the original there was another rumor that the family friendly was not true at all, but the more negative narrative was the one that stuck around.

Oct 29, 2017
About halfway thru The Elephant Queen (movie, 1:30 hours, not a series), and it's awesome so far. Jaw dropping at times.

I don't know why this streaming launch is getting such scathing reviews. For me, the initial episodes have been compelling enough that I want to keep watching, there is a descent variety of content, image quality is amazing in 4K HDR, and at the very most it is $4.99. For millions of people that bought a new Apple device, it is free for a year.

EDIT: is The Elephant Queen all CG? I'm so confused right now.

Last edited:

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Why release all of Dickinson at once but stagger the rest? Why confuse the audience on what you are? It's a little weird. For all the grief Morning Show is getting, I gotta say it engaged from episode 1.

Oct 29, 2017
Why release all of Dickinson at once but stagger the rest? Why confuse the audience on what you are? It's a little weird. For all the grief Morning Show is getting, I gotta say it engaged from episode 1.

Ditto on The Morning Show.

OK someone has got to tell me if The Elephant Queen is real footage, or CG. Or a mix of real footage and CGI "enhancements." My Uncanny Valley sensor is not working right now.

EDIT: OK this is all CG, right? If so, super impressive.

Last edited:

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I somehow got a free year of this by setting up a new Apple TV 4K in late September. I mean, whatever. I'll take it.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Currently watching The Morning Show and I don't see what's so bad about it. Steve Carell alone is worth it.

Oct 28, 2017
The app is total trash, which isn't odd I guess since Apple seems to be bad at making media apps, but the production values and visual/audio quality of everything I watched is high. If they keep investing in interesting content, I'll continue to give it a chance. This is a pretty terrible launch though in regards to amount and quality of content. They should have spent some money and acquired some.

I think the idea is to slowly develop more into an HBO than a Netflix.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Well their web player is a pos. Only way to watch this on any of my devices is through my PC using a browser. Because Apple. Tried to watch For All Mankind through chrome. The stream died on me 3-4 times. Have to exit out of the stream and start it again. And it doesn't remember your last position.

Also, I am pretty sure there is a section or two in the first Episode of For All Mankind that needs subs. And they didn't show up for me, even after turning on English Subs and CC. Ended up giving up on watching the entire episode after the 4th time it broke. Safe to say, I won't be subscribing.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Well their web player is a pos. Only way to watch this on any of my devices is through my PC using a browser. Because Apple. Tried to watch For All Mankind through chrome. The stream died on me 3-4 times. Have to exit out of the stream and start it again. And it doesn't remember your last position.

Also, I am pretty sure there is a section or two in the first Episode of For All Mankind that needs subs. And they didn't show up for me, even after turning on English Subs and CC. Ended up giving up on watching the entire episode after the 4th time it broke. Safe to say, I won't be subscribing.

Wait what web player?

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I like the content. I swear the critics were extra hard on Apple because it's Apple and everyone likes to shit on Apple. They expect perfection out of the gate and maybe it's not 10/10 but they wanted 12/10 and therefore docked extra points.

I know the above isn't true but it does seem like people are more positive then the critics. The browser on mac is fine since I use safari but I'll try chrome later and see if the experience is shitty.

Also just FYI paying annually and you save 2 months of subscription so I'll be going that route.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
Only a few episodes into For All Mankind but it's already one of the best new series I've watched in a couple years. Huge Ron Moore fan though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder whether the free year thing will end up getting extended indefinitely. There's certainly not enough here yet to justify a $5 a month commitment (I appreciate you can subscribe for a month here and there if something you like is added), but a steady stream of decent stuff 'free' if you upgrade becomes a good perk.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So apparently, I get Apple TV+ for free since I have an Apple Music student plan. Guess I'll check it out.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the first three episodes of The Morning Show and I'm really not sure why people don't like it. I'm really enjoying it. The acting is top notch, and it actually is pretty funny at times.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the first three episodes of The Morning Show and I'm really not sure why people don't like it. I'm really enjoying it. The acting is top notch, and it actually is pretty funny at times.

Yeah its a really cynical black comedy, which a lot of people dont seem to understand. Pretty much every major character is looking out only for themselves

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
It has a 91% audience score so I guess you're conflating early critic reviews with people? Seems that most like it just fine.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
i just watched the Pilots for See and The Morning Show and thoroughly enjoyed both. The picture quality and some of the shots in See were absolutely fantastic imo. I just have a hard time buying into the blind narrative, the actors simply don't behave consistently. But I will definitely keep watching.