• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1 year free with new devices means that if I buy an Apple TV I get a year for free?

edit: ahh, you added the tweet that answered my question.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Apple ain't playing. That's way more friendly than I was expecting.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
there's only 2 shows???

They also said one free year with Apple TV purchase (not in that tweet above).

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
They had to go in this low, good they didn't screw this up. This is definitely a value add streaming service until they develop a backlog. So it was always going to be supplementary. You can get this + disney+ for pretty cheap.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
So if I'm on a two-year upgrade cycle for my iPhone I basically get it free every other year? If so I'll probably just cancel on the off years and watch the shows I want to for free after I upgrade.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not worth it only for their barely announced originals but if they can build a decent library that first free year could hook people in.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
more info

All-New, Exclusive Originals
These Apple TV+ originals from the world's most celebrated creative artists will debut on the Apple TV app on November 1:
  • "See," an epic drama starring Jason Momoa and Alfre Woodard, is set 600 years in the future after a virus has decimated humankind and rendered the remaining population blind. When all humanity has lost the sense of sight, humans must adapt and find new ways to survive.

• "The Morning Show," a cutthroat drama starring and executive produced by Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, and starring Steve Carell, explores the world of morning news and the ego, ambition and the misguided search for power behind the people who help America wake up in the morning.

• "Dickinson," a darkly comedic coming-of-age story, explores the constraints of society, gender and family through the lens of rebellious young poet, Emily Dickinson.

• "For All Mankind," a new series from Ronald D. Moore, imagines what would have happened if the global space race never ended and the space program remained the cultural centerpiece of America's hopes and dreams.

• "Helpsters," a new children's series from the makers of "Sesame Street," stars Cody and a team of vibrant monsters who love to help solve problems. It all starts with a plan.
  • "Snoopy in Space," a new original from Peanuts Worldwide and DHX Media, takes viewers on a journey with Snoopy as he follows his dreams to become an astronaut. Together, Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the Peanuts crew take command of the International Space Station and explore the moon and beyond.
  • "Ghostwriter," a reinvention of the beloved original series, follows four kids who are brought together by a mysterious ghost in a neighborhood bookstore, and must team up to release fictional characters from works of literature.
  • "The Elephant Queen," an acclaimed documentary film and cinematic love letter to a species on the verge of extinction, follows a majestic matriarch elephant and her herd on an epic journey of life, loss and homecoming.
  • Oprah Winfrey joins the world's most compelling authors in conversation as she builds a vibrant, global book club community and other projects to connect with people around the world and share meaningful ways to create positive change.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
"The service will be available on the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including online at tv.apple.com"

so will be available in browser too.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
I wonder if this applies to the Education purchases. If I buy an iPad Air today will I get a year of service and a free pair of Beats Solo 3? If so, order soon to be placed.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't do this, but what if you bought a new iPhone and then returned it, would it cancel?

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Per the press release The Apple TV app is also available on select Samsung smart TVs, and will come to Amazon Fire TV, LG, Roku, Sony and VIZIO platforms in the future. Customers can also sign up and watch Apple TV+ originals on the web at tv.apple.com.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Pricing is waayyy better than rumors we're guessing. That's good enough that I'll be willing to check it out.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I was planning to buy an Apple TV this year so good deal. 4.99 isn't too bad either but I'm still not sure about the content. I'll be checking it out though since it's free.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about grabbing one of these but is there any point when I stream everything from Xbox?

a916

Oct 25, 2017
$5 a month, a year free if you buy certain products, and they're spending nearly as much as Netflix on new content (about 3-5 times as much as Disney)... they're gunning for it eh.

$5 is a pretty low barrier... but I'm sure a lot of people are going to have to pick and choose because there's so many streaming services out now.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well heck, if there's a native LG WebOS App I guess I'm in. I only buy iPads after they are old and cheap, $60 savings by bundling is no reason for me to buy full priced Apple devices, that's just crazy.

FWIW people are going to not want to share this outside their immediate families if it uses their Apple account credentials.

Definitely not worth it only for their barely announced originals but if they can build a decent library that first free year could hook people in.

I mean ideally the thing to do is wait until all these launch series are fully released and then sign up for a month to binge and then cancel.