• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Watched first two eps of For All Mankind, enjoyed it a lot! Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

After the third ep I'll check out The Morning Show.

I'm using the app on my Samsung Q9FN. Settings were a bit buggy but playback is fine. Image quality is good.

Oct 28, 2017
Snoopy is short. My kids wish there was more.

Ghostwritters is excellent children's programming. It's put together by the same people that do Dino Dan, Dino Dana and Treks's Adventures.

"See" Has a really weird 80s vibe to it. It reminds me heavily of Willow. I like it.

"For All Mankind" is excellent.

"Elephant Queen" is also excellent.

I've been watching on my 4K AppleTV. This is some of the best looking content I've ever put on my TV.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
My only compatible devices are the iphone11 pro, and ipad pro. How's the quality/resolution in browser like firefox?

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to sideload Apple TV on a Samsung? My Q7 is one generation before Apple TV was supported.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Well what do you know. The professional reviewers got it wrong... AGAIN

The morning show and For all mankind are very good. Critics drunk again

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No ways to stack this I guess? I bought iPhone 11, MBP, and two iPad airs since the qualifying period. All for various family members who'll get access through my family sharing anyway

Oct 27, 2017
So I knew that this worked across family devices but I thought I had to have a subscription as the organiser in our family group. But my wife got an 11 Pro and activated her free year and I have access to it as well. Cool!

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Is it one year free from now, or can I wait till next year and use my free 12 months then?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking The Morning Show way more than reviewers it would seem.

Also, all the lice action shows I have watched look incredible with Dolby Vision - better than Netflix shows with Dolby Vision apart from maybe Altered Carbon. Some really phenomenal use of color correction and contrast - you can tell Apple put a premium on getting that part right. These shows are really good 4K set showcases.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i just watched the Pilots for See and The Morning Show and thoroughly enjoyed both. The picture quality and some of the shots in See were absolutely fantastic imo. I just have a hard time buying into the blind narrative, the actors simply don't behave consistently. But I will definitely keep watching.

The acting on See in general is hammy, like they're in on a joke that I'm not getting (unless the joke is "look at what we're getting away with on Apple's curated and official streaming surface, ha-HAH!" - I would believe it if that were the sentiment on some of the writing and acting choices).

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
So I am debating getting an Apple 4K TV because I've liked what I've seen on my phone so far. I have a LG C8 so sadly no app or airplay to watch.

I am curious how Apple determined which devices to focus on that would get the app. I think if they really wanted this to succeed they would have it on as many devices as they could. Not everyone is going to be a sucker life me, lol.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I am debating getting an Apple 4K TV because I've liked what I've seen on my phone so far. I have a LG C8 so sadly no app or airplay to watch.

I am curious how Apple determined which devices to focus on that would get the app. I think if they really wanted this to succeed they would have it on as many devices as they could. Not everyone is going to be a sucker life me, lol.

A shitload of Vizios are getting Airplay support patched in (a lot of models going back to 2016 or so), so it may have been more up to TV manufacturers than Apple.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

you don't have a firestick or roku?

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
A shitload of Vizios are getting Airplay support patched in (a lot of models going back to 2016 or so), so it may have been more up to TV manufacturers than Apple.

Yeah... it is weird the 2019 LGs are getting it but not the 2018 models. But I see no reason LG would stop Apple from making an app...

you don't have a firestick or roku?

Nope. Roku is also an option but some of the integration features of the Apple 4K sound appealing, enough to spend the extra money.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I've enjoyed the four major releases that I've watched so far. Seems like Anistons famous nipples made the transition from Friends to this show. Steinfeld is great in Dickinson, which is simply a fun show. The space show is very well made. See is incredibly stupid yet also fun. I get the impression Morning Show will only get better and See might become so stupid it's unwatchable. But for being free for a year, I can't really argue with any of it.

I just wish the app wasn't stupid. My parents called me to complain that most of the shows they click on are asking them to buy or rent them. Why Apple insists on mixing non Apple Plus shows in is beyond me, but I bet more than my parents are getting frustrated with it.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I've enjoyed the four major releases that I've watched so far. Seems like Anistons famous nipples made the transition from Friends to this show. Steinfeld is great in Dickinson, which is simply a fun show. The space show is very well made. See is incredibly stupid yet also fun. I get the impression Morning Show will only get better and See might become so stupid it's unwatchable. But for being free for a year, I can't really argue with any of it.

I just wish the app wasn't stupid. My parents called me to complain that most of the shows they click on are asking them to buy or rent them. Why Apple insists on mixing non Apple Plus shows in is beyond me, but I bet more than my parents are getting frustrated with it.

Yeah the app shows all content that is available I guess to watch / buy. I find it best just to go to discover channel or whatever and just click directly on the Apple TV+ channel just so you see that channel's content.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure that's completely up to the TV manufacturers. It's them who will eventually profit from people buying new sets because they're neglecting their older models – Apples only going to lose out as you said.

Regarding discoverability, all ATV+ shows have a fat badge, there's a tile dedicated to it and it has its own channel. I think what's more confusing is the name, since people probably expect the "Apple TV" app represents the whole subscription catalogue (which is ridiculous given there are the latest movies and stuff on display, but eh).

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to watch something as I was bored in my hotel room and have a free year of Apple TV. I have Netflix but never watch anything on it but an occasional episode of The Office or Friends.

Decided to watch The Morning Show and wow.... the acting is really really fucking good. Loving it. Will continue watching.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Watched all 3 eps of The Morning Show and I actually think it's a lot better than the reviews. Wonder what the consensus would have been if this didn't have an Apple logo up front.

The first episode is has some terribly overwritten dialogue (as do 2/3) but it gets much better after episode 1 and I'm quite looking forward to next weeks episode.

feezel

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Really enjoying For All Mankind and The Morning Show. I've only watched the first two episodes so far as I haven't got my free year yet.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
For those of you that had the 1 year free deal available, where did you see it? Thanks
The 1 year free deal comes when you buy any brand new qualifying Apple product. I think it's a Mac, iPhone, iPad or Apple TV HD or 4K unit. I bought the iPhone 11 Pro Max so that's how I got my free 1 year.

To activate it you go into the TV app on your device.

I got an TV 4K last month and the quality is lovely. I used to have the HD version for about 3 years but just traded in for the 4K unit.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Watched The Morning show and reading through the reviews and the criticism is justified, BUT I'm still enjoying it and want to see more.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Is the morning show any good I'm seeing mixed reviews
It's not that bad. It's okay and worth watching. Of course, it's Apple product placement City. The iPhones and Macs are everywhere in this. But the first three episodes are up so give them a watch.

One thing though, it looks fantastic and I don't know what it is. I'm watching in 4K HDR and there is just something so vibrant and colourful about the way the entire show looks.

ILPUMAGUERRIERO

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The 1 year free deal comes when you buy any brand new qualifying Apple product. I think it's a Mac, iPhone, iPad or Apple TV HD or 4K unit. I bought the iPhone 11 Pro Max so that's how I got my free 1 year.

To activate it you go into the TV app on your device.
Thanks, I bought an iMac 2 weeks ago but I'm not seeing the offer, I'll contact support.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Ok, so as someone who doesn't have any Apple Devices and doesn't plan to get any, can I watch this anywhere else? I heard Samsung TVs have an App, are there any other devices or am I just shit out of luck if I refuse to watch TV in a browser?

Because the price is good enough to at least check it out, even if the content is barebones right now.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so as someone who doesn't have any Apple Devices and doesn't plan to get any, can I watch this anywhere else? I heard Samsung TVs have an App, are there any other devices or am I just shit out of luck if I refuse to watch TV in a browser?

Because the price is good enough to at least check it out, even if the content is barebones right now.
Amazon Fire TV and Roku as well as some other TV manufacturers.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda shocked there is no LG app, wouldn't mind watching For All Mankind

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Pretty sure that's completely up to the TV manufacturers. It's them who will eventually profit from people buying new sets because they're neglecting their older models – Apples only going to lose out as you said.

Regarding discoverability, all ATV+ shows have a fat badge, there's a tile dedicated to it and it has its own channel. I think what's more confusing is the name, since people probably expect the "Apple TV" app represents the whole subscription catalogue (which is ridiculous given there are the latest movies and stuff on display, but eh).

For the Airplay feature, yes, absolutely that is on TV manufacturers but for an app like there is on Roku that is on Apple to make. No app for the game consoles is weird. I highly doubt Sony or Microsoft would say no to yet another tv app.

The app being on limited devices is very much on Apple. And it's weird because Apple had the time and money to have an app for every possible device for launch, we've known about this coming for a long time now.

Either way, I have options which I'm considering, I just think if Apple really want this to succeed they should make the service more available. And so far I've liked what I've watched so I do want them to succeed.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I hope they have a bunch of 30 minute comedies in the works to go along with the more heavy stuff. Dickinson isn't great, but it's fun and interesting at least. The stuff being added at the end of November/early Dec looks really really heavy though.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
It seems like a sparse launch (because it is), but they actually have more new content available immediately and coming soon than Disney Plus does. Seems like all of Disney's big stuff is slated for 2021-2022.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Shit, I just realized my wife got an 11 Pro like two weeks ago. How do I go about claiming that free year?

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
First episode of See was alright, but I feel like it's really ramping up well in the second episode. Pretty stoked to watch the 3rd episode tonight.

Also, wow, the visuals and sound in the show are incredible.