• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they have a bunch of 30 minute comedies in the works to go along with the more heavy stuff. Dickinson isn't great, but it's fun and interesting at least. The stuff being added at the end of November/early Dec looks really really heavy though.
Two of the Always Sunny guys are making stuff for it - I'd assume it'll be a comedy!

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm.... I am big time in apples ecosystem with ipad, iphone, watch, etc, but IDK how to watch this on my TV without an Apple TV. I have a ShieldTV and as far as I can tell you cant cast from the app? Weird.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm.... I am big time in apples ecosystem with ipad, iphone, watch, etc, but IDK how to watch this on my TV without an Apple TV. I have a ShieldTV and as far as I can tell you cant cast from the app? Weird.

Roku and Fire TV just released an app two weeks ago. You can't cast unless you have an Apple TV as far as I know.

I think some Vizio's have a cast option!?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
First episode of The Morning Show, it's good and curious to see more, but holy hell, is this a record for the most product placement for the same company in one TV episode? There are like 20 shots of iPhones, iMacs and Macbooks.

cvans

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a MacBook Pro from amazon in October and I haven't seen the offer for a free year yet. Should I be worried?

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mixed on the morning show.

I thought it was just gonna be bad after reviews, but it's not. At the same point I don't have this big itch to finish the season either?

Best two things on the service so far are the Helpsters and just more Peanuts.

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
I've watched all three episodes of TMS so far and I absolutely love it. Jennifer Joanna Aniston is doing incredible job (as are Steven John Carell and Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon).

Props to Apple for not releasing all episodes at once, I've grown to dislike the Netflix method of unleashing an entire season instantly (which leads to major spoilers/FOMO/rushing through).

My only complaints about ATV+ so far (as a service):

• I can't work out when new episodes will be coming out for these shows. Is there a "New episodes released weekly on Fridays" message somewhere?
• It took me a while to realise you have to hit Menu (on the ATV remote) to view the info about the episode/show you're watching (rather than the tap/swipe up/down on Netflix and other streaming apps/platforms).

cvans

Oct 27, 2017
did you try to sign in at tv.apple.com?

Tried from the tv app and web page on multiple devices, including the new MacBook. Just seeing an option for a 7 day trial.

FWIW, I bought the machine from the US and associated it to an account in a different country/region, so there might be some regional restrictions going on.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
First episode of The Morning Show, it's good and curious to see more, but holy hell, is this a record for the most product placement for the same company in one TV episode? There are like 20 shots of iPhones, iMacs and Macbooks.
They had to make up for the fact that they couldn't put iPhones in the other three major shows.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Finished episodes 3 of TMS and See. Hyped for the next episodes! And while it's kinda weird not being able to binge everything, it's also sorta refreshing. Consider that these shows were supposedly mediocre according to "critics", I'm looking forward to be blown away by For Mankind haha

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I could actually see For All Mankind being way more interesting as an anthology show. Perhaps jumping ahead 25-50 years each season.

Yeah I think Ronald d Moore has like 5 seasons planned or something? And it's renewed for season 2. It be nice to see each season span a decade as I think jumping 25-50 years might be too much but it would be awesome to see

In the middle of episode 3. Absolutely love the show and it kind of sucks to wait till Friday. I only say that because there doesn't seem to be much discussion currently online to read but hopefully that changes.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah I think Ronald d Moore has like 5 seasons planned or something? And it's renewed for season 2. It be nice to see each season span a decade as I think jumping 25-50 years might be too much but it would be awesome to see

In the middle of episode 3. Absolutely love the show and it kind of sucks to wait till Friday. I only say that because there doesn't seem to be much discussion currently online to read but hopefully that changes.

I made an OT!

thinking about making one for See too

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
The pilot episode of See doesn't work. Keep getting an error message. Pilot for Morning Show works fine, as does episode 2 of See.

Any recommendations to fix?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It feels like they made a conscious choice not to have anyone wearing an Apple Watch because they knew it would just be too fucking much with how many other Apple products were all over the place.

Even the iPhones with cases all have the official Apple cases. Because of course Reese Witherspoon uses the Saddle Brown Leather Case on her iPhone 8, she's from West Virginia after all.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Amazon had the iPad Air on sale for 100 off today so I price matched it at Target and got the free year of Apple TV along with it. Time to shotgun the rest of Dickinson.

Oct 29, 2017
Good thing Oprah is wearing an Apple Watch, and says Apple about 20 times in the first 3 minutes of her show.

EDIT: "Love that Plus."

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Not that I'm particularly interested in the show, but it's kind of weird to me that Oprah Book Club is still showing as Coming Soon in Japan, while I gather from this thread that it's already available in the US.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My sister can't get her Apple TV+ subscription to show up on her Apple TV. I don't live near her but she said she updated the firmware on the Apple TV and is logged in with her Apple ID. Her phone has her subscription and she can watch the shows but the Apple TV does not. It keeps saying Try for Free for her.

Any ideas?

Nov 30, 2018
My sister can't get her Apple TV+ subscription to show up on her Apple TV. I don't live near her but she said she updated the firmware on the Apple TV and is logged in with her Apple ID. Her phone has her subscription and she can watch the shows but the Apple TV does not. It keeps saying Try for Free for her.

Any ideas?

contact support

they're quick to fix these issues especially with people not having their subscription show up

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Why is it forcing me to put a credit card on my account if I want to enable family sharing? This is stupid. Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus do this so much better.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it forcing me to put a credit card on my account if I want to enable family sharing? This is stupid. Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus do this so much better.

Family sharing on iCloud is across your whole account. Includes App Store, TV, etc. If you enable family sharing you become the head of family and all purchases made by family members are automatically charged to you. That's why they need a card.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I've never used Family Sharing. If I wanted to set it up so my girlfriend can watch ATV+, am I reading correctly that it would require me to take over all iTunes purchases for both of us?

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I've never used Family Sharing. If I wanted to set it up so my girlfriend can watch ATV+, am I reading correctly that it would require me to take over all iTunes purchases for both of us?
Yep. From what I can see, by letting my mom and dad access Apple TV, I'm giving them access to all of my iTunes purchases in the past and future, as well as giving them access to my credit card since it now says I'm the only account that can make purchases. Like I said, Netflix/Hulu/Disney all smoke Apple in the app/sharing department.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to see only the Apple TV+ content on an Apple TV 4K? I signed up for the trial, but everything is all lumped together and I have to scan through to find the exclusive content.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
No idea what constitutes as iTunes purchases, but you can choose what to share (AppStore/iCloud storage/Apple Music/TV channels/Apple Arcade).

Is there a way to see only the Apple TV+ content on an Apple TV 4K? I signed up for the trial, but everything is all lumped together and I have to scan through to find the exclusive content.
Scroll down in the TV app and access the ATV+ channel. It should have all ATV+ content.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. From what I can see, by letting my mom and dad access Apple TV, I'm giving them access to all of my iTunes purchases in the past and future, as well as giving them access to my credit card since it now says I'm the only account that can make purchases.
Yeah, I don't mind sharing all my movies but I don't like the idea of letting others buy stuff on my account.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started the morning show last night. Really like it. They have some awesome actors in there, besides the obvious annoyance that I find with part of the subject matter, its really good.

Cant wait to check out See next.

They need to fix the service though. The menu is kind of a mess, seems a pain to navigate to the home menu of a show instead if starts an episode. Finished episode 1 of TMS and then restarted my tv and it forgot I had finished it and took a few to find episode 2. Definitely needs some work, but seeing how apple loves minimalism i dont know if they will change anything. No way to link accounts via Roku/apple tv+ with hulu and all my other services, but my apple tv 4k is coming this week so that will fix that.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. From what I can see, by letting my mom and dad access Apple TV, I'm giving them access to all of my iTunes purchases in the past and future, as well as giving them access to my credit card since it now says I'm the only account that can make purchases. Like I said, Netflix/Hulu/Disney all smoke Apple in the app/sharing department.

Can't you disable purchase sharing? or is that something different?

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
Is there an ETA on redeeming the free year? I have a new iPad but I feel it isn't time to start the year since there is such little content.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a 4K Apple TV but I hear the picture quality is good.

I read some site today that said it has the highest bitrate for streaming shows. I know watching for All Mankind in 1080p the quality was just amazing.

Mackenzie

Apr 21, 2019
Brighton
So I watched through all three episodes of For All Mankind and thoroughly enjoyed them. No idea when Apple plans to release more though, you'd think they'd have some indication of that in their own Apple TV interface? Did I miss something obvious or is this just rubbish UI?