• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
If any of you are in the Chicago area, my company is looking for people with Exchange Online experience. PM me if you'd like more information.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update: Pending my 5 references,(who already filled out the survey) I will receive an offer from the hospital. I hope they can match or exceed my current salary. When the talent acquisition manager asked for my salary requirements, I turned the questions back to him to ask the range. He said $24-34 an hour. I currently make $30 an hour. If they go lower, I will try to counter offer and give what my current salary is to get them to match. This isn't about money, as much as it is getting away from a toxic VP of IT, but I don't want to take a pay cut either.
This afternoon, I was offered 27.64, or roughly 5k less than what I make now. I told the recruiter I would need the weekend to think it over. I just found out today that I had my last remote day this Monday. The VP of IT has taken them away from everyone completely. He is also looking for a tool to measure our productivity. My former boss and his boss have advised me that it's probably best if I take the salary hit and leave this demoralized situation. They say the hospital that gave me an offer today will be better on my resume and is a better company to work for.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any general tips for someone who is has chronic anxiety during interviews/is just superhyperbad at them?

Not even just interviews, but I get super anxious just sending contact emails because as fed up as I am with rejections, getting grilled on some issues with my resume is just as bad for me. I'm just start to finish terrible at getting in touch with employers about getting hired.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Are there any general tips for someone who is has chronic anxiety during interviews/is just superhyperbad at them?

Not even just interviews, but I get super anxious just sending contact emails because as fed up as I am with rejections, getting grilled on some issues with my resume is just as bad for me. I'm just start to finish terrible at getting in touch with employers about getting hired.

Are you me? This is pretty relatable. I get nervous just thinking about sending in resume's and how to deal with responses.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So get this...
I got out of the military 3 weeks ago. Started working a contracting job.

Found a beautiful townhome to move to. But it has to be built, and will take ~6 months from the time i get an approved loan. Bummer but worth it.
i send in the paperwork for a mortgage loan.

Get the worst news today
I had no idea i they wouldnt accept my payroll unless i was a direct hire. Like they dont consider my income as income. So they tell me theres nothing they can do for a loan unless the company hires me permanently.

Which could be 2 weeks, 60 days, or never. The sadness kind of takes over for a bit. Age 33 and still living with family until what seems like 2021..

30 minutes later i get an email from SpaceX for a job to work on their space capsule. Space friggin X!

What the fuck.

Suddenly I don't feel so defeated. Catch is, i'd have to move to LA. Other side of the country. And i know nothing about California. Just that I have 1 family member out there.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have an interview for a Management Trainee position at a car rental company. I had a phone interview today, which went really well and my interviewer said he'd like for me to come to their head office to do a personal interview. Their head office is about 2 hours away from me, but I really want this job, so I don't mind making that trip/commitment.

However, there is a bit of a hitch. I was sent an email outlining my interview time, location, and some tips about how to prepare. One of the tips was: "Also just a reminder to dress in Business Attire (Suit and Dress Shirt - appropriate for a conservative business environment), and bring your resume."

Now, I don't own any suits. I have tailored dress shirts and pants, but no suits. I also don't really have money to buy a suit right now. I mean, I could, but I'd have to stretch myself an incredible amount for the next two weeks. So, I was wondering - how big of a ding against me would it be to arrive in a dress shirt/pants/shoes? I am going to go suit shopping to see if I can find any deals, because this is a great opportunity for me.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have an interview for a Management Trainee position at a car rental company. I had a phone interview today, which went really well and my interviewer said he'd like for me to come to their head office to do a personal interview. Their head office is about 2 hours away from me, but I really want this job, so I don't mind making that trip/commitment.

However, there is a bit of a hitch. I was sent an email outlining my interview time, location, and some tips about how to prepare. One of the tips was: "Also just a reminder to dress in Business Attire (Suit and Dress Shirt - appropriate for a conservative business environment), and bring your resume."

Now, I don't own any suits. I have tailored dress shirts and pants, but no suits. I also don't really have money to buy a suit right now. I mean, I could, but I'd have to stretch myself an incredible amount for the next two weeks. So, I was wondering - how big of a ding against me would it be to arrive in a dress shirt/pants/shoes? I am going to go suit shopping to see if I can find any deals, because this is a great opportunity for me.
A suit is pretty standard attire for a job interview in many industries so it's worth it to invest in one imo. You don't need to break the bank. You can get a suit for $100 or so at H&M, Express, Zara, etc. It won't be super high quality, but it'll do the job for now.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My resume just isnt impressive enough to grab the attention of anyone out of state but I can't find much better where I live either. So I'm just not having much luck, I think part of it is I keep looking for positions paying at least 32 a year but I think that's reasonable considering I'm waiting for a city and it's still below the average cost of living. Idk maybe I should be taking a different approach

One exception though I'm on the edge of my seat for, one job is aware of relocation and had be do a questionnaire. I did the best I could am I'm supposed to hear something this week. Would be for a customer service for a insurance company so I pray with all my heart they liked what I did.

If I don't get something by July I'm gonna look into some agency or something that helps get you hired. I just got to get out of here

Edit: literally after posting I got an email about a interview for Thursday so uh.... Complaining works!

Last edited:

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have any general advice for staying motivated with the search? I lost my last job a year ago, and have been working retail since. In the last few months I've hardly been able to bring myself to apply to anything as the holiday stress rolled into hours being dramatically cut, so I get home every day after a 9 hour shift being crushingly exhausted and despondent. I know the only way out of this situation is continuing to apply, but I've increasingly found myself just taking depression naps and not getting much done at home which is just prolonging my current situation and making me more miserable.

I'm taking next week off to try to recharge and get back into things, but I know this feeling is going to hit again immediately after that.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

You can get a suit for around $100 if you go to a place like Kohls or Boscovs. The other option would be to get a sports jacket that goes with your pants, but that's probably going to be around that same price on it's own. The real issue is going to be finding one that fits you well without any alterations, as alterations are going to add to the cost, and you have a short time window you would need it turned around in.

If Money is REALLY tight, you can get away with buying a suit after trying it on in the store, being very careful with it (ie, just wearing it the day of the interview), and then return it to the store. That is going to require you to find one where the jacket fits well enough to not need alterations, and where the most you do to the pants is cuff them yourself.

But yeah, if it's possible, you should own at least 1 suit. A lot of professional jobs are going to require them for an interview!

Does anyone have any general advice for staying motivated with the search? I lost my last job a year ago, and have been working retail since. In the last few months I've hardly been able to bring myself to apply to anything as the holiday stress rolled into hours being dramatically cut, so I get home every day after a 9 hour shift being crushingly exhausted and despondent. I know the only way out of this situation is continuing to apply, but I've increasingly found myself just taking depression naps and not getting much done at home which is just prolonging my current situation and making me more miserable.

I'm taking next week off to try to recharge and get back into things, but I know this feeling is going to hit again immediately after that.

What I ended up doing in my last situation was doing my searches on days after work, and to spend half a day on the weekend actually applying to the jobs (ie, tweaking the resume/cover letter, filling out the online forms, etc). Granted, I was a bit narrow in my search (I was looking for jobs in higher ed- and Higher Ed jobs have tons of specific job posting sites. I've never had any luck with things like Linkedin or Indeed), so I was only targeting 4-5 jobs a week to apply to, but sperating the search from the actual application day might make it feel like less work

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018

Maybe just see if you can get a jacket to go with your current shirt/trousers and save a bit of cash that way. But as others have pointed out, it is worth investing when you can afford it. I bought a nice suit when i was 18 and i basically wore it right up until 26 because i'd only need it for interviews and i've only stopped wearing it because i have a suit from my wedding now.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017

Worst case scenario: go to Goodwill/a thrift store. They have lots of suits in pretty good shape sometimes and for bargain basement prices.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Interviewing is easy when you've already got options. Without that, its really scary. I won't give you any mindset advice since I don't think its super helpful, but interviewing is a skill that you can get better at with practice.

Do you have any friends who have interviewed candidates for jobs? Practice extensively with them and anyone else you can find. More importantly, ask them for brutally honest feedback after you're done. Know every part of your resume front and back. If you get multiple offers, schedule your least exciting offers before your more exciting offers if you can.

Thrift is a possibility. See if there's any business around you that rent suits. Absolute worst case scenario ... see if any dept stores have good return policies? Gotta do what you gotta do.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I feel like crap. 7 months after graduation with nothing other than a crappy retail job. I did nothing in college other than just doing my classes and graduating with a BS in MIS and honors. But I have literally no networks as I have no friends, internships, or any real experience. Made a crappy decision to return to my hometown to see If I could find something but there's no opportunity for IT jobs unless you got experience. Can't move back til may until my brother graduates since he's the only person I can room with because I have no one else. Feel like I'm going to be stuck in this hell.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I feel like crap. 7 months after graduation with nothing other than a crappy retail job. I did nothing in college other than just doing my classes and graduating with a BS in MIS and honors. But I have literally no networks as I have no friends, internships, or any real experience. Made a crappy decision to return to my hometown to see If I could find something but there's no opportunity for IT jobs unless you got experience. Can't move back til may until my brother graduates since he's the only person I can room with because I have no one else. Feel like I'm going to be stuck in this hell.

I know that feeling. The way I got out was by taking a receptionist gig and working my way up. That said the connections piece is huge. Maybe do some volunteer work for local nonprofits just to start building connections, both with the agencies and other volunteers. Never know who you might meet that will throw in a good word for you.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017

Hey, I also have a BS in MIS. It's too late now, but an internship really is key to start out. It's something to put on your resume. I got until the last semester of college before I found this out, and luckily I landed one, and it was my foot in the door. 10 years later, I'd say for you, get some certifications. It's the only way you'll be able to get someone to take a chance on you, if you don't have any networks in the field. Figure out what you're most interested in, study, and get a few under your belt. It will take some work, but is the best way to go for you at this point (imo).

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Achievement unlocked. Got a new job during a pandemic. Hope to never do it again.

Took a week and three interviews but got the job.

Did a phone interview Monday with the COO. Another one Tuesday with the CEO and a third with the ex-ceo, now advisor on Wednesday. They asked for references on Tuesday after the second interview and called them on Thursday. Got the offer on Friday.

What a crazy week. Phone interviews are so much better! Each interview was different which was cool.

Recruiter told me that they had been trying to fill the position for a bit and everybody they passed along, the coo didn't like. They wanted someone who had hands on experience and wasn't just a behind the desk type of person. This is essentially me. I'm on the floor doing all the work, so I knew what they wanted to here and made sure to tell them that.

Really excited as it's a huge raise for me. Keep fighting everyone. Its a long grueling process but just like that it can happen.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Hey y'all, about to approach my two year anniversary of my new job after being laid off.

Just want to offer my help to any engineers (especially mechanical or manufacturing) who need help right now with resume reviews or other help during this time. Hit me up in the DMs.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Achievement unlocked. Got a new job during a pandemic. Hope to never do it again.

Took a week and three interviews but got the job.

Did a phone interview Monday with the COO. Another one Tuesday with the CEO and a third with the ex-ceo, now advisor on Wednesday. They asked for references on Tuesday after the second interview and called them on Thursday. Got the offer on Friday.

What a crazy week. Phone interviews are so much better! Each interview was different which was cool.

Recruiter told me that they had been trying to fill the position for a bit and everybody they passed along, the coo didn't like. They wanted someone who had hands on experience and wasn't just a behind the desk type of person. This is essentially me. I'm on the floor doing all the work, so I knew what they wanted to here and made sure to tell them that.

Really excited as it's a huge raise for me. Keep fighting everyone. Its a long grueling process but just like that it can happen.

Congratulations. Hope it goes well!

Bad_Boy

Congratulations to you too! That's crazy good news!

Tylore

Oct 29, 2017
A little late to the party.

I'll make it short

- August 2010 Got my 1st non seasonal job at a Walmart

-December 2013. Graduated with a BS in Human Resources Management

- January 2014. Start applying for jobs in HR

- July 2018. Job search hasn't panned out. Got plenty of interviews, but no offers. I apply and become a training coordinator at Walmart to get HR work exp. Still searching for hr jobs outside of Walmart

-May 2019. Lose training coordinator job at Walmart due to company wide restructuring. Get demoted to sales associate position.

-August 2019. Finally get an HR job at a good manufacturing company. HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders. Couldn't have landed in a better spot. Job is in a smaller town, so it takes me 15 minutes to get to and from work. Instead of a big city where it would take me 45 minutes to get to work and an hour+ to get home. Job is 8-4:30 M-F. My supervisors are very cool and lax.

its April 2020 and I'm still there and couldn't be happier

there is hope everyone. It took me 5.5 years to get out of Walmart and find my HR job.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
If any of you looking have a Civil Engineering degree (structures preferred) or are proficient in AutoCAD and/or Inventor (no degree required, just proof through your portfolio) AND are interested in living in Indianapolis area, I'm still actively hiring in my department.

I know that's a very small slice of the current job hunting population, but I'll do my best for y'all.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone my company is still hiring for about 20 roles across ops, engineering, success, data science, and sales. Positions are mostly based in SF with select roles in Denver and an open sales role in NYC. If anyone has interest PM me and I'm happy to discuss in more detail.

Kirigiri

Apr 4, 2020
Hopefully COVID doesn't completely ruin my chances at finding something now that I'm done with school/training.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My current job is making me pretty depressed. I need out, but the market has gone completely dry because of COVID.

Just going to have to hunker down, find opportunities here to expand the resume, and hope this time next year I'm happier wherever I end up.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Nothing like a blow in the gut when the job you're trying to get tells you that you're not getting it and that you would have gotten it if they didn't initially screw up and forget to check my application and tell me later that they found it later. Now they tell me that I would have gotten it if they didn't initially fuck it up. I feel so demoralized.

1mm

Nov 27, 2017
Probably a long shot given how dry the job market is right now... but if anyone has an remote or intern-openings in marketing at their companies PM me.

Or if anyone would just like to connect and chat about careers and advice in marketing I'm also open to that.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Sold my soul to Walmart because everything exploded and I just need something for a bit. I am going to escape as soon as I get an opportunity but for now this will have to do, ugh.

It's a 5 am to 2 pm grocery stocking job though, thank god. I am unfortunately not in the mood for another cashier job, especially in the middle of a pandemic.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Graduated with a BS in MIS in a pandemic job market.

yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Hey, I also have a BS in MIS. It's too late now, but an internship really is key to start out. It's something to put on your resume. I got until the last semester of college before I found this out, and luckily I landed one, and it was my foot in the door. 10 years later, I'd say for you, get some certifications. It's the only way you'll be able to get someone to take a chance on you, if you don't have any networks in the field. Figure out what you're most interested in, study, and get a few under your belt. It will take some work, but is the best way to go for you at this point (imo).

I'm glad to see this advice. I also didn't do an internship during school because school and my job took up enough of my time. Game plan is to start applying hardcore to some places while at the same time going for my CCNA to help bolster my abilities.

caffe misto

Oct 25, 2017
the electric city
I'm thinking of applying for jobs in the first time in a while (current job is all right, but I just want to see what's out there). I've been reading up and I'm seeing some recommendations not to begin it with an objective. Is it still good to begin with a short statement of some kind?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Applied for a bookkeeping position at a newly opening store(it was the temp setup hiring interviews, but I pushed for the position I wanted and was better suited for). While I only have a light background in it and just general mathematics background I really can't do cashier work again and I have some issues that make the physical work iffy. Did make it through both interviewers at the event and most people were after the temp setup positions so we'll see if I get the callback. Been inbetween things and have learned the hard way I am not suited for heavy customer forward jobs.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
If anyone is looking for a programming job, my company is still hiring. I work for Chase Bank in Chicago. Everyone is remote right now, but we are still brining on new people. If anyone wants more info, feel free to message me.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
A job I interviewed for got frozen due to the pandemic. Now I see the position has been relisted. I applied again just to stay in the system, but am I going to have to interview and go through the whole process all over again?

On a related note, no one told me the hiring had been frozen (had to find out on my own), and they sure as hell didn't bother telling me it was open again.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I'm in a bit of an awkward position.

I did a group interview for a company a few weeks ago and (happily!) got an offer. During the group interview, we were encouraged to exchange contact information with the other candidates. Now, those candidates are asking me if I've heard back from the company as we were supposed to be hearing back last week.

Should I tell them that I heard back and was given an offer? I don't want to step on the company's shoes if they are still making decisions, nor do I want to make other applicants feel bad. :(

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's super awkward. I would probably just ghost myself, but I'm a coward when it comes to social awkwardness.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
had an interview with a fortune 500 company got past the first bs screening interview. had the 2nd round today the guy introduced himself , the implementation project the team etc. Ihe said after I'll have time to introduce myself. 30 mins in im fielding generic questions that are trying to frame me that I don't have experience in cloud. I had to step in and told him straight as a business analyst if its hosted or on cloud it makes no fking differenc. The fact he kept focusing back on cloud tells me he has not got a fking clue then ends the interview 30 mins early and I have no chance to introduce myself or address my value and what I could bring to the table. i had a solid offer 2 weeks ago and then covid hit the plant and the job became obsolet. Sorry for the rant i Had to vent. this economy sucks.

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's super awkward. I would probably just ghost myself, but I'm a coward when it comes to social awkwardness.
Haha, yeah I feel you. I've been ignoring their messages for now, but I figure I have to answer at some point...

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I'm in a bit of an awkward position.

I did a group interview for a company a few weeks ago and (happily!) got an offer. During the group interview, we were encouraged to exchange contact information with the other candidates. Now, those candidates are asking me if I've heard back from the company as we were supposed to be hearing back last week.

Should I tell them that I heard back and was given an offer? I don't want to step on the company's shoes if they are still making decisions, nor do I want to make other applicants feel bad. :(
First, congratulations on your offer.

Second, not sure what the nature of the relationship is with other candidates, but I would wait until after you've accepted the offer to communicate with them. I imagine that you plan to accept.

There is no obligation to respond to any of them, you could have anything going on that they aren't aware of that makes you busy. It is the employer's responsibility to inform candidates, not yours. Once you've accepted and have a start date, feel free to let the candidates know that you're fortunate to be you'll be starting with the company and wish them any luck.

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
I'd do it after I signed any kind of contract.
Makes a lot of sense, thank you! I've signed the contract, but still waiting on a background check. I'll respond once everything has gone through.

First, congratulations on your offer.

Second, not sure what the nature of the relationship is with other candidates, but I would wait until after you've accepted the offer to communicate with them. I imagine that you plan to accept.

There is no obligation to respond to any of them, you could have anything going on that they aren't aware of that makes you busy. It is the employer's responsibility to inform candidates, not yours. Once you've accepted and have a start date, feel free to let the candidates know that you're fortunate to be you'll be starting with the company and wish them any luck.
Thank you for the congratulations and the detailed advice! have already accepted, but I'm waiting for the background check to go through. So I don't technically have the job quite yet.

You're right that it's not my responsibility, and I shouldn't feel like I have to respond to the other candidates right away. I mostly feel bad that they haven't heard anything yet, because I know I would be feeling incredibly anxious if I were in their position. My other worry is that the company would rather me not say anything, but maybe I'm overthinking it. Better wait until it's a sure thing before responding.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for the congratulations and the detailed advice! have already accepted, but I'm waiting for the background check to go through. So I don't technically have the job quite yet.

You're right that it's not my responsibility, and I shouldn't feel like I have to respond to the other candidates right away. I mostly feel bad that they haven't heard anything yet, because I know I would be feeling incredibly anxious if I were in their position. My other worry is that the company would rather me not say anything, but maybe I'm overthinking it. Better wait until it's a sure thing before responding.
I think you're thinking about this the right way. The wait to here back is excruciatingly anxiety inducing. However, the most important thing is securing the job...feeling bad just means you're a good person...or at least have empathy lol.

Your worry about the company not wanting you to communicate with candidates about this is a legitimate one. They could have phased hiring plans or may want to fill more than one position and may have pending offers waiting that you aren't aware of, or a variety of other situations - so candidate communication could screw up their plans even if it's in a minimal way. I think protecting the job you now is priority number one. Best of luck!

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Makes a lot of sense, thank you! I've signed the contract, but still waiting on a background check. I'll respond once everything has gone through.

Shit now I feel like an idiot - congratulations are in order! :)

Yah, that's the way to go. You feeling bad makes you a wholesome, empathetic person. We've all been there (I'm trying to find a grad position myself in this climate ugghh) and we all know how anxiety-inducing it is to wait to hear back, but exactly because of that I would just wait till everything's done and dusted and you officially got the job. There's ALWAYS something that can go wrong last minute, so as selfish as it may sound: look out for yourself first, get your job sorted, and then let the others now.

Good luck!

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
What's really messed up is I have several ex colleagues asking me about jobs but we're in a hiring freeze because of the pandemic. We had to hire a bunch of frontline workers, bless their hearts, but severed all contractors and are not replacing people who decided to just retire (a lot of healthcare IT workers are of advanced age). I am just glad I have always been a saver. If I lost my job tomorrow I have enough to life off of for at least three years. Much longer if I dip into retirement. I can only imagine how hard it is trying to find a job in the tech sector right now.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
What's really messed up is I have several ex colleagues asking me about jobs but we're in a hiring freeze because of the pandemic. We had to hire a bunch of frontline workers, bless their hearts, but severed all contractors and are not replacing people who decided to just retire (a lot of healthcare IT workers are of advanced age). I am just glad I have always been a saver. If I lost my job tomorrow I have enough to life off of for at least three years. Much longer if I dip into retirement. I can only imagine how hard it is trying to find a job in the tech sector right now.
Hiring at my company hasn't slowed down at all, it's still like 12-14 every week since I started (last December). Kinda surprising. Though only 4ish per week are for my location.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm up for a job, and had a final interview Tuesday at 4:30pm, and was told they'd be calling my references and making a decision in the "next couple of days." Flash forward to 8pm, and I get an email saying I'm one of the final 2 candidates, BUT I now had an assignment due Thursday at 10am. Well, Wednesday came and went and they didn't call any of my references, so now I'm probably going to be stressed out all weekend.

Since Friday's a holiday, they'll now have to receive and go over me and my competitor's assignments, and call all of our references on Thursday, and I can't see them making a decision before the end of that day. Not knowing until Monday is going to be torture. :(

Or maybe they've already made up their minds and won't ever call my references, and will just tell me to fuck off tomorrow. I don't know what to expect and it's driving me insane.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I'm a new business graduate that has been constantly looking for an entry level production job in the games industry for the past several months. I had some potential opportunities lined up earlier this year (got invited to GDC and other events) but unfortunately COVID changed my plans drastically.
I put a lot of effort into tweaking my resume and writing cover letters for job openings, but mostly get rejected due to my lack of professional experience. However, I did land a video interview a couple weeks ago with a prominent studio in Southern California. It went fairly smoothly, but I just got a notice recently that they passed on my application. It's a bit of a bummer but I'm an optimistic person, I'll just continue working on my skills and applying. I'll find something eventually.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I got laid off a week and a half ago due to Covid affecting our business. I sent out at least 10 applications and luckily I got a couple responses. I have one interview Friday and probably another next week. I have almost 10 years experience in my field so it's not hard to find a job but the challenge is finding the right one that offers a good work-life balance with decent pay.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
T-mobile laying off people.... my team got reduced and I was asked to take a lesser position (same pay) or apply for a new position within 60 days. It fucking sucks because my position is showing TBD with the team I was working with, so it's like... you reduced all these teams but you pushed me out of my position? 11 years, too.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the most nerve-wracking stage in the job hunting process. I went through the interviews, got an email saying I'm one of 2 finalists, and they'd get in touch early this week, and all I can do is wait. I can't focus on anything.