• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Means you're on the right track and they are obviously interested.

I wouldn't get too high or low about it. Stay even until they make it clear as day they want you (i.e. offer).
Thanks. Not sure I want it. 2nd and possibly 3rd shifts, but I need to get the fuck out of my current employment situation, like now. This fucking VP of IT is taking years off my life.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
During my last job change 1 1/2 year ago, I made a lot of compromises necause I liked the working place and it could just get better than the shit hole I had been in before.

So I had accepted longer working hours ("In a nice enviorment it might be less bad."), despite my old ones already exhausting me, over looked as long commuting as my old place and "didnt mind the flexible schedule" I had to maintain.

I did have some plus, such as partly better work environment, money...

I argued with myself for over half a year, and 4 month ago I finally had decided to look for a new place. I didnt start searching till January. I could not find anything with 30 hours that fit. Till 2 weeks ago. First job and I applied.

Now I am in a lucky position: As professionally trained preschool/kindergarten teacher you are very wanted here. It's impossible not to find something but I wanted something that fits me.

Now 2 weeks after application I got a new job with way better conditions. Not only will I earn better than ever before (which is not normal, you raise in payment with work time dedicated to your employer, if someone hires you they instead recognize you got experience but do not pay for all the years but only 1 year): It's way closer, it has a small team therefore hopefully less bickering, shorter work hours and less hours i work (still back to my first job in volume, the less travel time will compensate significantly), smaller groups...

It feels like a dream come true and from the very beginning i knew they wanted me.

What I personally found very important is honesty: I tell people "Yes I was sick in hospital during those 4 month.", I also told my new employer that 39 hours is mo option for me. If it doesnt work out due to honesty, then be it. I was honest when I told them I dont like hierarchies and love to work in an environment where everyone is treated equal.

But building it based on a lie wont get you far.

Last edited:

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in a similar boat. They've just reached out to me for a "second" interview, which in reality is my third fucking interview. I told them that date wouldn't work and offered alternatives, no response for two days then I email again checking whether my dates were good and they finally answer back with a date.

If this "interview" isn't a goddamn offer then I feel done with these disorganized assholes. I've interviewed for real, big money firms and none have had their hiring process like this. Problem is I hate my current job with a passion and have nothing else biting right now.

Even worse is the job is about to get more stressful and terrible since a bunch of lower staff are leaving, this place pays garbage and no one stays past a year. That means more work and chaos in the office. It's far past time for me to bounce yet no offers. Shit, I know it's time after fighting with the new office manager over the pathetic raises given out.

At worst, they give me this job and I can bounce to some place better in a few months.
Got a new offer from that company and it was $18k higher than my current job with full relocation and an additional $3500 for "misc moving expenses". So I said sure why not.

Three 6 Mafia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've got a big interview tomorrow and I'm super anxious. I'm beyond ready to leave my current job and the inconsistencies in hours but after so many interviews in the past month with no follow up at all I can't help but feel pessimistic 🙃

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I got burnt hard two weeks ago in pursuit of a dream company. The recruiter had two jobs they thought I would be a good fit for. I personally thought I was a better fit for one but the recruiter fast-tracked me for the other. I did mediocre on the interview and did not get advanced to the next round. I think I would have had a good shot if I was pushed for the role I verbally expressed more interest in.

It was tough. I was down for a few days but it motivated me to get stronger in the skills I need to develop.

ToddBonzalez

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got burnt hard two weeks ago in pursuit of a dream company. The recruiter had two jobs they thought I would be a good fit for. I personally thought I was a better fit for one but the recruiter fast-tracked me for the other. I did mediocre on the interview and did not get advanced to the next round. I think I would have had a good shot if I was pushed for the role I verbally expressed more interest in.

It was tough. I was down for a few days but it motivated me to get stronger in the skills I need to develop.
Keep in mind the recruiter was probably out to help themselves in this case. They probably had more and/or better candidates for the other role, so they thought they'd try you in the tougher-to-fill position with the hope that you'd get an offer and make their life easier. It sucks, but keep your head up. Wait a little bit and reapply just to the other position if it's still open.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Anyone here got cover letter advice? I am slowly applying for jobs that interest me. I don't hate my current gig so I'm in no rush to leave but I am looking for something that is a step up. My resume is very number focused with the things I have done, but I am not entirely sure what the cover letter should focus on. Last week I applied for a position I really want, and while I started off tweaking my standard cover letter humbly boasting success I have had in the field, I ended up scrapping it and going from the heart, saying more about my work ethic, motivation, and what I enjoy about the field.

Anyone here know which approach works best when making a cover letter? How do y'all approach them?

Three 6 Mafia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the interview went extremely well and I was offered the job. Then they ran my driving record and found out that I had two violations for a bad vehicle inspection because I was too fucking broke too afford to fix my truck enough to pass inspection. They rescinded the offer and I'm beyond crushed.
I don't know anymore, man. I felt like I was finally out of this fucking hell

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Well the interview went extremely well and I was offered the job. Then they ran my driving record and found out that I had two violations for a bad vehicle inspection because I was too fucking broke too afford to fix my truck enough to pass inspection. They rescinded the offer and I'm beyond crushed.
I don't know anymore, man. I felt like I was finally out of this fucking hell

What exactly was this role if you don't mind me asking? I can't imagine how devastating that must've been. Really sorry.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
All my interviews have come and gone, and not a single offer. My leads have all dried up, and my best one is still up in the air. I am going to be unemployed, stuck in shitty living conditions, and ashamed of myself for all eternity. Why was I even born?

Three 6 Mafia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What exactly was this role if you don't mind me asking? I can't imagine how devastating that must've been. Really sorry.

petroleum technician trainee. Wouldn't involve driving a company van for at least 6 months.

I'm still blown by it but there's nothing I can do right now other than get back at the eternal search. I'm pretty discouraged but I can't let this kill me

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I had an interview today. It went great. I'll know in 2 days or so. However, the salary range was insulting. They'd essentially be paying me the exact same I get paid now except they are actually located in the city which is hella expensive. If I get the offer I'm either gonna push for at least 10k more otherwise I may be forced to turn them down. I may hate my current place, but I can't survive in the city on such a garbage salary.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After going through multiple phone interviews and in person interviews after many months, finally got a job after being unemployed for so long. I start tomorrow at my new place. The commute is shorter and the pay is better than my old job. I'm nervous, anxious and excited. I couldn't sleep much last night.

Anyone still job hunting or unemployed and feeling like its hopeless, don't. Don't start second guessing yourself or your answers after the interview. It'll eat you up inside.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update: Pending my 5 references,(who already filled out the survey) I will receive an offer from the hospital. I hope they can match or exceed my current salary. When the talent acquisition manager asked for my salary requirements, I turned the questions back to him to ask the range. He said $24-34 an hour. I currently make $30 an hour. If they go lower, I will try to counter offer and give what my current salary is to get them to match. This isn't about money, as much as it is getting away from a toxic VP of IT, but I don't want to take a pay cut either.

I'm still with the company that trained me (office administrator). Always liked it there, especially some coworkers (what is very important to me) and was fine with work.
But it has always been stressful, even tended to get worse than better, and I never really liked the huge part of customer service. (It's a bit like a call center in this regard.) Over time I was doing a bit more accounting and silent paperwork, what I really prefer.

Things were processing, while suddenly they decided to move the whole company into a different part of the town, what not even doubles my commute (now an hour long), I also have to take a ferry along the way, which doesn't come every 5 minutes like a subway. I had a long commute during my training already and moved as soon as possible afterwards, so I know how my quality of life improved and now worsened again. (Of course you can have a way longer commute etc pp. But for me, it's simply too long.)
While I had thought of leaving some times before, it was still a huge step for me, to actually start looking. Did it every now and then since summer, nothing came around so far.
And suddenly everything happens at once and explodes into my face.

I saw this offer, that sounded suitable and applied. They called me nearly instantly and invited me. At the end of the interview they wanted me to spend a day there as a test as soon as possible, meaning I have to take a day off; they were really pushy, want me to quit my current job asap as well.
That brought me in quite a pickle. Our annual interviews are coming up, I'm this close to go on vacation - I just applied there to see how it goes and never expected everything to move so fast.
Because I needed that free day and because my stupid sense of loyalty bugged me did I end up telling my supervisor the truth. And he spread the word and of course it led to several talks about everything and that they don't want me to leave.

To make the timing even more shitty: They had planed to put me into accounting stuff fulll time now, exactly doing, what I like to do, with one of my most beloved co workers. No customer service shit anymore. No later shifts. No duty on weekend. That was in fact what I would have wanted to ask them at my annual interview as well. The shitty commute would remain, but I didn't expect to find anything anytime soon, so at least it would make the time until I find something, less shitty.
I was completely overwhelmed, with everyone pulling at me at the same time.
I asked to have that day in that company - and they are indeed a very good one. Commute, payment, workhours etc are a dream, I would never hesitant in this regard! But the work, I'd have to do there, still contains too much of the customer service stuff I already deal with and want to cut down. Bummer. What good does me all the other stuff, when work isn't fun?
Today I went back to work, starting to negotiate with my current company and felt like utter shit while doing so. They did give in a little bit, emphasising how thankful I can be for them doing so.
Tomorrow the other company will call me, and I'll have to turn them down. Then tell my current one, I'm cool with the offer.

Although I feel super uneasy and aswul, I don't really think, that's the wrong decision. As outstanding as the offer is, if I don't enjoy work in the long run, that doesn't help me. As well as good work with my nice coworker doesn't really help with a frustrating commute 'n stuff. So with them offering me a better position and workhours, that lighten that up a bit for me, I think, staying is my best option. I will also gain more experience in this field, what would make it easier for me to apply for similar positions some time in the future, what was now quite hard.

I just whish I could redo them ever knowing. In my head everyone hates me now and is wary of me leaving. (Of course I had to swear that I'd turn the others down and stopp applying immediately, that they would even negotiate with me.)

So much stress these days, my body is totally worn out and I feel super stupid. Just felt like I had to write it out of my system before I try to get at least some sleep this night.

ToddBonzalez

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I mentioned I'm getting married in a month's time and the temperature of the interview practically froze. So yay, more job hunting.
That's...bizarre. Only thing I can think of is maybe the interviewers thought marriage=kids on the way= paid maternity/paternity leave? Which is illegal, not to mention unethical as shit.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
That's...bizarre. Only thing I can think of is maybe the interviewers thought marriage=kids on the way= paid maternity/paternity leave? Which is illegal, not to mention unethical as shit.

Whatever the reason (though I lean toward it being some sort of work/life balance issue that's skewed far too much toward the work side), that's a place I'd stay far away from.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know good resources for Resume/Cover Letter building? A big problem is that I absolutely hate "puffing my chest" when I talk/write about myself, but I'm not sure anything can be done about that except continued visits to my therapist and talking back against negative thoughts.

Also, I feel kinda screwed when it comes to networking. I've been out of school for over 2 and a half years and I have absolutely no contacts, professional or social (partially because I don't like social media and because I feel like a bit of a nuisance when I want to contact people I've never spoken to before or just haven't contacted in a while).

Like, I feel like I don't have the capability to approach anyone online.

ToddBonzalez

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It just felt strange. But it was for a graphic designer for a funeral company. I can't say I'd be the happiest to work there. Still, job searching just sucks.
Imagining a bunch of interviewers at a funeral company being frigid and morose kind of made me chuckle. Seems very on brand. Anyway, you probably dodged a bullet. Good luck with your search.

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
Paid for my own airplane ticket to go interview for a company a few days ago and they've been ghosting me ever since. They told me I'd know the day after. They also have ignored an email I sent them two days ago, even though all our previous communication was taking place within hours.

seriously, wtf.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm wanting to move out of my home, currently employed with a government job that doesn't pay much and is incredibly stressful. For the past couple of months I've been looking to leave the state with no luck. I have a degree but with communications I feel unqualified for everything. Charleston jobs are all like... Fast food or Walmart positions.

Like there's nothing real or impressive here just to give me enough to save so I could leave but even looking to leave I've had 3 interviews out of state that all are like "you don't live here yet so your a risk so we won't take you". Twice now at my current position I was promised a promotion that keeps going to someone else.... Job searching is like this soul draining experience where you are just constantly reminded how little value you offer the world.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
been working at the same doctor's office for the past 15 years or so. yeah, lifer type shit. so yeah at this point i run the joint and do pretty much everything and know how to do everything. anyway, the doctor/owner has said that he's going to retire this year and welp, i've been on the hunt for another job. he hasn't said when he's going to retire this year but been getting an early start on finding a new position. and man, it sucks looking for a job.

had two interviews on wednesday, one was for a office manager position, which is what i want and the other was just some front desk gig that didn't pay nearly as much as i'm making now. i felt they went, fine? it's kinda hard to gauge how the interviews really went but i'm getting the feeling that i'm not gonna get the office manager gig. so i guess the hunt continues. a big detriment i find is that i've been at the current job i have for too long and the industry has kinda moved on with new programs and software and whatnot that i'm not familiar with. feels bad, man.

been going through indeed dot com and feel like the site is doing a decent job at throwing gigs my way. still soul crushing going through these motions though.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm wanting to move out of my home, currently employed with a government job that doesn't pay much and is incredibly stressful. For the past couple of months I've been looking to leave the state with no luck. I have a degree but with communications I feel unqualified for everything. Charleston jobs are all like... Fast food or Walmart positions.

Like there's nothing real or impressive here just to give me enough to save so I could leave but even looking to leave I've had 3 interviews out of state that all are like "you don't live here yet so your a risk so we won't take you". Twice now at my current position I was promised a promotion that keeps going to someone else.... Job searching is like this soul draining experience where you are just constantly reminded how little value you offer the world.

I'm in a similar position with wanting to move state, granted I enjoy my job for the most part so I'm not desperate. My wife and I moved to Northern Virginia when I got a job out of college about five years ago, but we're ready to return to Maryland to be closer to friends and family, as well as start a family of our own. I think the more difficult part would be selling the house and finding a new place, but the job search has been annoying for me for different reasons; I have several recruiters reaching out to me, but they're either in the wrong location, or for related jobs that I have no interest in.

What states have you been looking at, and what kinds of jobs? Most places I've interviewed with didn't seem to have any opinion on relocation, so I don't understand why they're telling you that you're a risk. Is your intention to relocate prior to starting a new job, commute for a while from out of state, or are you requesting relocation assistance from them?

Oct 27, 2017
To everyone here, just want to say keep your heads up and keep pushing forward. Don't get down on yourself and good luck. Keep all options on the table like relocation or industry change. You never know where opportunities will ultimately be at.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm in a similar position with wanting to move state, granted I enjoy my job for the most part so I'm not desperate. My wife and I moved to Northern Virginia when I got a job out of college about five years ago, but we're ready to return to Maryland to be closer to friends and family, as well as start a family of our own. I think the more difficult part would be selling the house and finding a new place, but the job search has been annoying for me for different reasons; I have several recruiters reaching out to me, but they're either in the wrong location, or for related jobs that I have no interest in.

What states have you been looking at, and what kinds of jobs? Most places I've interviewed with didn't seem to have any opinion on relocation, so I don't understand why they're telling you that you're a risk. Is your intention to relocate prior to starting a new job, commute for a while from out of state, or are you requesting relocation assistance from them?
Shooting for Columbus Ohio but honestly I just wanna be out of West Virginia and I'll take anything I can find with that goal in mind. I only requested assistance on my first interview after that I decided to use credit card debt and slowly pay it off as a way to move.

I could be reading into it but interviews I think that went well seem to go to a halt when I say I need 3 weeks to move. (I need to find a studio or roommate apartment and I have to give notice to my current job)

I would attempt to relocate first but my current job is only 22k, I have just enough to get myself out of the red.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I thought I had a good data entry/shipping job lined up that matched my warehousing experience. I had three interviews with the company- phone, face to face, and a "working interview" where I demonstrate that I can do the job and get paid for my services rendered. I thought I did great on all three and left a great first impression.

Yesterday, I was rejected.

I might as well take a call center job, this is getting dispiriting. Getting rejected for a job you thought was a great fit is the worst.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
So, a funny thing happened. I called up the place I applied for, and asked why they didn't choose me. Turns out, I misheard something, and that they didn't make a decision, and that I would hear later in the day.

They offered me the job, and I immediately said yes, I'll take it.

Being calm and collected here was the smart move.

Deleted member 17289

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So my SO lost her job about 3 weeks ago, she already apply on a few companies, one of her GF recommend her to do uber eats while she finds a new job and to my surprise and hers she is making decent money, not what she made and obviously without the benefits and everything else a good job comes with but is something to go by in the meantime. Good luck to all here, i truly hope you land on your feet soon.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm really tired of being underqualified for jobs despite three years of college. I'm getting to the point where I just want to lay in bed and not do anything at all rather than job hunt. It's so soul crushing.

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, I need some advice !

I've only worked 2 jobs before both of which I accepted the offer at the end of the interview. I've never negotiated benefits and stuff either because they were very good from the start (2 month paid vacation every year, insurance etc.. ). I quit my job 2 weeks ago and started applying again (I couldn't wait until I landed another job before quiting ..)

Anyways, I have a 2nd interview with a job and 1st interview with another job and a phone interview request for a 3rd job.... I'm mostly interested in the 2nd job, but I feel like I'll be getting the offer in this interview for the first one. How do I delay giving them an answer ? Also, should I tell the 2nd job I got an offer to rush them ? The 3rd one i don't care much about.

I'm in Canada buy the way if that's helpful lol.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I need some advice !

I've only worked 2 jobs before both of which I accepted the offer at the end of the interview. I've never negotiated benefits and stuff either because they were very good from the start (2 month paid vacation every year, insurance etc.. ). I quit my job 2 weeks ago and started applying again (I couldn't wait until I landed another job before quiting ..)

Anyways, I have a 2nd interview with a job and 1st interview with another job and a phone interview request for a 3rd job.... I'm mostly interested in the 2nd job, but I feel like I'll be getting the offer in this interview for the first one. How do I delay giving them an answer ? Also, should I tell the 2nd job I got an offer to rush them ? The 3rd one i don't care much about.

I'm in Canada buy the way if that's helpful lol.
It depends on your position - you can use a job offer to bargain, but if the second place turns you down, are you okay with accepting the first offer?
I would think that the same goes for rushing a decision as well as negotiating for more pay. As long as you're okay with the chance of forcing them to say "no thanks", then it's up to you.

If you have insight on the other end, that could help as well. If it's a niche job where there are only a handful of candidates and you're one of the better ones, you may encourage them to do what they can to hire you. If there's a large pool, it may convince them to pass.

Also keep in mind that you can always quit a job at any time. Twice I've seen people quit the day they were supposed to start because they got better job offers elsewhere.

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
It depends on your position - you can use a job offer to bargain, but if the second place turns you down, are you okay with accepting the first offer?
I would think that the same goes for rushing a decision as well as negotiating for more pay. As long as you're okay with the chance of forcing them to say "no thanks", then it's up to you.

If you have insight on the other end, that could help as well. If it's a niche job where there are only a handful of candidates and you're one of the better ones, you may encourage them to do what they can to hire you. If there's a large pool, it may convince them to pass.

Also keep in mind that you can always quit a job at any time. Twice I've seen people quit the day they were supposed to start because they got better job offers elsewhere.

Both jobs are good and similar in salary as well. The only difference is that the 2nd one is in a larger company with about 2 less requirements. That and the work hours are 1pm - 10pm which is something I want. Honestly, I'm fine with not taking any of them as I didn't expect to get responses to my applications so quickly. It's in IT so I expect there is probably a decent pool of applicants.

I just want to know what to say if I got an offer at the first job. Like do I say can I think about it ? that seems to me like the wrong way to say it I guess . Another way is to say, when do you want my reply ? or something like that ^^; I've just never been good at the negotiation part.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Both jobs are good and similar in salary as well. The only difference is that the 2nd one is in a larger company with about 2 less requirements. That and the work hours are 1pm - 10pm which is something I want. Honestly, I'm fine with not taking any of them as I didn't expect to get responses to my applications so quickly. It's in IT so I expect there is probably a decent pool of applicants.

I just want to know what to say if I got an offer at the first job. Like do I say can I think about it ? that seems to me like the wrong way to say it I guess . Another way is to say, when do you want my reply ? or something like that ^^; I've just never been good at the negotiation part.
You can just say something like "I need to think about it" or "I have to discuss with my partner" or whatever you want to make up. How much time they give you is another issue, and that may be something you also have to try to game out in terms of how much time you actually want.
They're likely not going to give you too much time because if you don't take it, they want to move down their list and see who they can get before the other candidates find other jobs, but it also depends on their circumstances.

If you're confident you'll get the second job and it's clear you're the favourite, you could also say that you're interviewing at another place (or have a job ready, or whatever you want to say), and try to get something from the first place. For me that's risky, because you're basically saying that they're not your first choice, but if you're like an all-star then they'll probably try to work with you somehow to make sure you sign with them first.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
my first thought is they don't want a new hire out for extended period of time right out of the gate (if they expected wedding+honeymoon = a few weeks off). Outside of that, yeah its a weird reaction

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
You can just say something like "I need to think about it" or "I have to discuss with my partner" or whatever you want to make up. How much time they give you is another issue, and that may be something you also have to try to game out in terms of how much time you actually want.
They're likely not going to give you too much time because if you don't take it, they want to move down their list and see who they can get before the other candidates find other jobs, but it also depends on their circumstances.

If you're confident you'll get the second job and it's clear you're the favourite, you could also say that you're interviewing at another place (or have a job ready, or whatever you want to say), and try to get something from the first place. For me that's risky, because you're basically saying that they're not your first choice, but if you're like an all-star then they'll probably try to work with you somehow to make sure you sign with them first.

Yeah, I think you're right about the time they would give me and it feels weird to tell them give me 5 days to think about it lol. Like why do I need 5 days to answer them..

The general response I'm getting from friends is to say "let me review the offer and ill get back to you by tomorrow". Then accept it and say like I can start the job in a week or 10 days. Afterwards, If i get the offer from the 2nd job within that time period, I can just reject the first job saying something came up, sorry, thank you etc... I just don't like the idea of accepting the offer and then rejecting it or working a couple of days, then quitting afterwards. Anyways, thanks for the help ! I might not even get an offer tomorrow ^^;

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I think you're right about the time they would give me and it feels weird to tell them give me 5 days to think about it lol. Like why do I need 5 days to answer them..

The general response I'm getting from friends is to say "let me review the offer and ill get back to you by tomorrow". Then accept it and say like I can start the job in a week or 10 days. Afterwards, If i get the offer from the 2nd job within that time period, I can just reject the first job saying something came up, sorry, thank you etc... I just don't like the idea of accepting the offer and then rejecting it or working a couple of days, then quitting afterwards. Anyways, thanks for the help ! I might not even get an offer tomorrow ^^;
I've been told people aren't supposed to take it personally if people bail, particularly if they're getting a better offer. And I guess the flip side is that at least they didn't waste the time onboarding you before losing you.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm currently applying for jobs and keeping my portfolio fresh and attempting to get my name out there, spent the last four days wallowing in self doubt and burned out from applications and lack of response.

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
I'm currently applying for jobs and keeping my portfolio fresh and attempting to get my name out there, spent the last four days wallowing in self doubt and burned out from applications and lack of response.

Whenever I hit a dry spell in work application responses, I just redo my resume and edit my LinkedIn profile. My previous resume, I was getting 1-2 replies for every 10 applications. After my last edit. I applied to 6 jobs, I got 3 interviews. I don't know if that was the reason though ^^

Keep at it though, I was unemployed for a year once. I don't know whats popular where you are, but in Canada from my experience indeed is king. I have gotten 0 responses from Linkedin and glassdoor ... In comparison, I have gotten like 6-7 interviews from like 20 applications on indeed.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
I did it. Well, not right now but last month. I finally found a job. After almost 2 years, I finally found a job, and it is in the financial sector. These 2 years have been the worst, most soul-crushing thing ever. I will not even wish this upon my worst enemies.

I think my final applications rounded in a total of 120, 25 job interviews, and finally a job.

You guys can do it.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Whenever I hit a dry spell in work application responses, I just redo my resume and edit my LinkedIn profile. My previous resume, I was getting 1-2 replies for every 10 applications. After my last edit. I applied to 6 jobs, I got 3 interviews. I don't know if that was the reason though ^^

Keep at it though, I was unemployed for a year once. I don't know whats popular where you are, but in Canada from my experience indeed is king. I have gotten 0 responses from Linkedin and glassdoor ... In comparison, I have gotten like 6-7 interviews from like 20 applications on indeed.

Don't worry, not my first rodeo, was unemployed and homeless for around 5 years from 2009 to 2014 and still managed a production company! 😆

I just happen to live in the creative black hole of the country where no-one has heard of graphic or motion graphic design, and certainly doesn't want to pay for it!

Usually employment opportunities are expected to spike March/April at the end/beginning of financial year where companies get new budgets. Only issue is I don't drive and I'm learning so the sooner I can, the further I can expand beyond an hour's commute! There's one place inaccessible via public transport about a half hour drive away that's got loads of jobs available. Just my luck 🙄

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
i'm betting everything in a 3D modelling course (Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter) and gonna graduate in September, then it's job hunting time and i'm really nervous because is not a very prolific market here in Brazil...

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
still searching. the interviews i went in for, which i thought i did pretty well in, those dudes haven't even gotten back to me. i called to check the status on one of em and they took my number and said they'd give me a call back. still nothing. meanwhile i applied to like 10 more jobs since then on indeed dot com and haven't heard back from anyone. sigh, this sucks