• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I dont understand this tho, why would it be complete BS? EA knows more about how many systems are out there than most people in this forum do, Why wouldn't we believe them? Wow.
IS Not about Trust or Not

EA Used to exclude Some Countries Like Japan Before

So Maybe They did it As well this Time

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
My take on it is yes, the One X is doing pretty darn well. Of course this is subjective, and my definition of pretty darn well will not match what someone else's definition of pretty darn well would be which makes the whole comment not super helpful, I know.
Thanks, much appreciated! It's actually helpful to me, since you have often told us already what - according to your assessment - constitutes a good performance (which I totally agree with).

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
Dear Knights of the Sales Republic,

as with E3, we are approaching the second most important gaming event (right after Rockstar releasing a screenshot of swinging horse testicles), I just wanted to give you a friendly reminder that this forum will be in urgent need of you. You should be very cautious in the following weeks not to get banned over some minor misbehavior and end up watching the mayhem from exile. Our beloved mods will be helicoptering intensely, not only out of the usual bloodlust, but also to get a beefy bounty bonus on top of their already decadent salary. banning a verafied user counts for two, rex for three.
We will see all the oscillating facets of astroturfing, trolling, paid actors and good old-fashioned bullshit that make the gaming industry and this forum in particular such a lovely place. In the tradition of brave defenders of Enlightenment like Descartes, Kant and Greenberg, we, as reasonable and educated sales experts and chobel, have to be ready and prepared.

So, if you worry that your post might backfire, there are simple, but efficient methods to evade bans and win the hearts of the mods and the community. Just study the following examples and you should be safe.

"I own all three consoles, but lol Soony really sucks no gamez scorpio rulez."

"I can't tell where I got the info about Farming Simulator Battle Royal from, but my source is 100% trustworthy. Unfortunately I will not be able to reveal his identity to the mods as his position is at risk and the siamese twin babies need healthcare for the surgery."

"Please excuse me as English is not my native language, so it might appear more rude than intended when I say that you are a retarded sodomist who should die painfully of an appendix rupture."

"Sorry that I did not get my previous point through more clearly, but I was a little distracted when I was typing the comment you referred to and suffered from a lack of oxygen because my throat was tied to the doorknob with a plastic bag over my face while being whipped with a switch voice-chat audio splitter."

If all this seems for too complicated there always is the ars vivendi nonchalant way to make your post invulnerable, transforming it instantly into a milestone of discussion culture by just applying the secret ascii code of intellectual brilliance to the end of your post:
/s

Keep your hair short.

Last edited:

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the post, Scribe slavesnyder. We should all take this advice to heart.

And I do need a haircut.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017

as with E3, we are approaching the second most important gaming event (right after Rockstar releasing a screenshot of swinging horse testicles), I just wanted to give you a friendly reminder that this forum will be in urgent need of you. You should be very cautious in the following weeks not to get banned over some minor misbehavior and end up watching the mayhem from exile. Our beloved mods will be helicoptering intensely, not only out of the usual bloodlust, but also to get a beefy bounty bonus on top of their already decadent salary. banning a verafied user counts for two, rex for three.
We will see all the oscillating facets of astroturfing, trolling, paid actors and good old-fashioned bullshit that make the gaming industry and this forum in particular such a lovely place. In the tradition of brave defenders of Enlightenment like Descartes, Kant and Greenberg, we, as reasonable and educated sales experts and chobel, have to be ready and prepared.

So, if you worry that your post might backfire, there are simple, but efficient methods to evade bans and win the hearts of the mods and the community. Just study the following examples and you should be safe.

"I can't tell where I got the info about Farming Simulator Battle Royal from, but my source is 100% trustworthy. Unfortunately I will not be able to reveal his identity to the mods as his position is at risk and the siamese twin babies need healthcare for the surgery."

"Please excuse me as English is not my native language, so it might appear more rude than intended when I say that you are a retarded sodomist who should die painfully of an appendix rupture."

"Sorry that I did not get my previous point through more clearly, but I was a little distracted when I was typing the comment you referred to and suffered from a lack of oxygen because my throat was tied to the doorknob with a plastic bag over my face while being whipped with a switch voice-chat audio splitter."

If all this seems for too complicated there always is the ars vivendi nonchalant way to make your post invulnerable, transforming it instantly into a milestone of discussion culture by just applying the secret ascii code of intellectual brilliance to the end of your post:
/s

Keep your hair short.

Feels good to be valued. May we all remember to forgive our chobels as they bet against us and praise the power of the clouds during this most holy of seasons.

'Preciate ya Snyder. Don't ever leave us.

Last edited:

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for your wise words and wisdom

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh

/s

Keep your hair short.

This post should be goddamn stickied.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reading all the predictions, too much optimism on Ps4, platform already peaked sure April will be great but 400K isn't happening.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Going from ~60% to 78% is rather large shift and doesn't make sense to me. I mean yeah, the XB1 doesn't do so hot outside of the US and UK, but that kind of percentage shift suggests that it absolutely tanked outside of those two markets in 2017.
Well US is up YoY and outside it at 50% down YoY to reach these 15% MS said.

That means while not 78% the US indeed increased the share over these 60% of the begin of gen... it won't be surprise if it is near 70%.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
Well US is up YoY and outside it at 50% down YoY to reach these 15% MS said.

That means while not 78% the US indeed increased the share over these 60% of the begin of gen... it won't be surprise if it is near 70%.
This will just be an example, not actual numbers but ROTW sales would not be down by ~50%.

Code:
2017 US sales: 600K
2017 ROTW sales: 400K

2017 Total: 1M (60:40)

2018 Total: 1.15M (+15%)

2018 US sales: 850K (+~40%)
2018 ROTW sales: ~300K (-~25%)

My estimates would look something like this.

Code:
2017 US sales: ~620K
2017 ROTW sales: ~450K

2017 Total: ~1.07M (~58:42)

2017 US sales: ~850K (+37%)
2017 ROTW sales: ~380K (-16%)

2018 Total: ~1.23M (+15%) (~69:31)

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think it has more to do with leftover inventory and shipped / sold through numbers.
RotW down 50% does not make sense to me. Fortnite is popular everywhere. Not just in the US.

That huge of a discrepancy between the US and the rest of the World would've been unparalleled
US 40% up, while everything else is 50% down.

The latter figures from Welfare look believable, tho.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
This will just be an example, not actual numbers but ROTW sales would not be down by ~50%.

Code:
2017 US sales: 600K
2017 ROTW sales: 400K

2017 Total: 1M (60:40)

2018 Total: 1.15M (+15%)

2018 US sales: 850K (+~40%)
2018 ROTW sales: ~300K (-~25%)

My estimates would look something like this.

Code:
2017 US sales: ~620K
2017 ROTW sales: ~450K

2017 Total: ~1.07M (~58:42)

2017 US sales: ~850K (+37%)
2017 ROTW sales: ~380K (-16%)

2018 Total: ~1.23M (+15%) (~69:31)
Hum?

US +40%
WW +15%

=

Outside US 50%.

There is no way to that work in other way.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
Hum?

US +40%
WW +15%

=

Outside US 50%.

Did you not look at the numbers? It makes no sense that ROTW is down 50%. That can't be worked in unless you assume WW sales for both 2017 and 2018 are under 1M.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
What are your expectations for Labo sell-through this NPD?

I expect Robot Kit at 100K and Variety Kit at 150K. That's a multiple of 1.3x Japan, and a significant leap from UK sell-through due to Nintendo prioritizing domestic & USA allotments.

That also assumes an element of sell-through weakness, because there are some other internal estimates that are more optimistic (like there's one for 400K). I would like to be more optimistic but I can't muster it at this juncture. Guess I'm having a bad day.

What do you think?
Variety Kit: ~210K
Robot Kit: ~90K

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I expect Robot Kit at 100K and Variety Kit at 150K. That's a multiple of 1.3x Japan, and a significant leap from UK sell-through due to Nintendo prioritizing domestic & USA allotments.

That also assumes an element of sell-through weakness, because there are some other internal estimates that are more optimistic (like there's one for 400K). I would like to be more optimistic but I can't muster it at this juncture. Guess I'm having a bad day.

What do you think?
I think the difference between Robo and Variety Kit will be bigger.

50 Robo and 150 Variety.
More like that.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Hum?

US +40%
WW +15%

=

Outside US 50%.

1351216806586.gif

What do you think?

I honestly think Japan may be higher than US for launch sales... I'll go for 200K combined. 75K Robot Kit and 125K Variety Kit.

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.

What do you think?
don't let labo numbers get your mood down. and vice versa.
I'd say 150k for variety and 70k for the robot.