dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You look at that list and it is just confirmation that most people buy consoles to play those games that are also 3rd party games and those games are what brings platform holder tons of money with basically minimal expenses. Exclusives cost sh*t ton of money to make and ROI is always questionable. So going PC day 1 in Sony case would change very little for console purchase but it would mean a lot for sale numbers.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
Call of Duty HQ is probably my favorite FPS in the 21st century.

the UI/UX guys really knocked it out of the park with the work on there

Mango Pilot

Alt account
Banned
Apr 8, 2024
Really wish they'd expand these out these lists or exclude these games. This isn't useful information anymore IMO.

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
You look at that list and it is just confirmation that most people buy consoles to play those games that are also 3rd party games and those games are what brings platform holder tons of money with basically minimal expenses. Exclusives cost sh*t ton of money to make and ROI is always questionable. So going PC day 1 in Sony case would change very little for console purchase but it would mean a lot for sale numbers.
But MAU will always favor service games, no?

Witchcraft

"This guy are sick"
Oct 9, 2022
Exclusives cost sh*t ton of money to make and ROI is always questionable.
Source? Because we know from sales data and the insomniac leaks that this is flat out untrue so presumably you have data that says otherwise 🤔

MAU will always be dominated by these "forever" games so it's a bit silly looking at this list and making the assertions you're making.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
But MAU will always favor service games, no?

And that's where the money is.

Source? Because we know from sales data and the insomniac leaks that this is flat out untrue so presumably you have data that says otherwise 🤔

Yes we aw from Insomniac leak that Sony had to pay what $300M to Marvel. They basically need to have 6-7 million sellers constantly to reach profitability and things will just get worse with increased development costs.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I just don't agree these metrics mean much in terms of exclusivity profitability.

I mean it's hard to argue that third party games are not more profitable when Sony and Microsoft are collecting at the very least 1) a cool 30% off revenue; 2) on top of services such as PS+ or GPC and 3) the consoles and accessories themselves.

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
It's still crazy seeing Helldivers among giants like these.

I mean it's hard to argue that third party games are not more profitable when Sony and Microsoft are collecting at the very least 1) a cool 30% of revenue; 2) on top of services such as PS+ or GPC and 3) the consoles and accessories themselves.
Oh I don't disagree, Sony and MS make the most of money from third party, exclusives still have a place and role to play though.

Mango Pilot

Alt account
Banned
Apr 8, 2024
So you want to give number 10-20 more of a spot light?
Basically, yeah. Same thing with Top Games of the month they provide for steam deck, playstation and xbox.

A kind of "biggest movers" list. Millions just play COD and Fornite but I want to know what people who actually change their games up regularly are playing.

xenosys83

Banned
Mar 19, 2024
www.truetrophies.com

PS5 Top 40 — Stellar Blade rises alongside Sea of Thieves release

In the PS5 Top 40, Stellar Blade and Sea of Thieves are rising the chart. Xbox's live-service game is performing well on debut — it looks like more could land!

Here's the data for week ending Sunday 6th May. This also gives you a top 40.

What's impressive is that FFVII Rebirth has been lingering in the top 20 for almost 10 straight weeks now. 16th this week, 13th last week, 11th the week before. May not be going gangbusters on raw units sold, but the people that are playing are clearly getting plenty of value from it.