• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great, this place is going to be crap for the next 24 hours with this garbage. Why isn't it a rule that the title needs to say it's an April Fool's joke?

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
0da.jpg

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy April Fools in the gaming industry. I enjoy it because almost all jokes are entirely superficial and obviously fake, often a tongue-in-cheek perspective on their franchises and content, at best insightful and self aware at fan perception. There's often no actual intent to mislead or deceive, but instead the day permits devs to poke fun at their own work and presence, which can lead to some very creative output.

I don't understand why some people are so sour towards the antics, a vast majority of which are harmlessly creative. I can only assume they were burned once many moons ago and continue to harbour a stubborn grudge.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I hate this day. I sometimes end up being fooled by these pesky pranks. :|

I wish I had a big sign that said "no fun" that I could plant in the road. I'd need to get a suit of armour too, just to complete the look.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Great, this place is going to be crap for the next 24 hours with this garbage. Why isn't it a rule that the title needs to say it's an April Fool's joke?

Great, April Fools threads are going to be filled with this kind of pessimism for the next 24 hours. Most of these jokes are clearly revealed as jokes within seconds of seeing/clicking the thread title.

Nice. I like setting trends.

I appreciate it! I felt we should've had one last year but I held off. Thanks for taking the initiative!

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Pokemon Go is having a surprise crossover with the Pokemon anime for this year's April Fool's Day gag. Players are reporting that Ash Ketchum is appearing inside Pokemon Go by photobombing players when they use their GO Snapshot feature. The GO Snapshot allows players to take photos of Pokemon they've captured in the real world by using a player's phone camera along with the game's AR technology.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03/31/pokemon-go-ash-photobomb/

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's finally happening, guys, Nasu remembered that Tsukuhime was a thing that he wrote. Wait, for the FGO event to happen in two weeks./s

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see someone do something related to Blizard's Diablo April fool (Happy Reaper, Diablo mobile game), and an update to their actual mobile game