• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dave plus VoW pretty much puts the nail in this thing
Yeah original source for the rumor had some inaccuracies in the previous report breaking that Turner was involved and tbf that rumor was around for a while and he was just the first to formally report it. At this point can't really see him as too credible.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wrassle rumormongers are exhausting, live a life of purpose

D4ERZNOUwAAT2jF

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
years from now you will still have people saying "lol COdy still paying for TV huh??"

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Now the original bullshit artist is mad that Da GAWD Meltz had to step in

It's interesting because having watched this story develop tonight -- Meltzer wasn't responding to what he said on the show. But instead the misreporting that came from people spinning what Tony said. I mean, after all, I only heard it second hand like most people in this thread.

Guy says in a follow up tweet, he's just reporting what his sources say.

I have to wonder if this kicked up tonight because of tomorrows Road to DON. I wonder if they'll speak to the TV deal at all. They haven't done 2 eps in one week so you figure it's gotta be a big deal, right?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting because having watched this story develop tonight -- Meltzer wasn't responding to what he said on the show. But instead the misreporting that came from people spinning what Tony said. I mean, after all, I only heard it second hand like most people in this thread.

I have to wonder if this kicked up tonight because of tomorrows Road to DON. I wonder if they'll speak to the TV deal at all. They haven't done 2 eps in one week so you figure it's gotta be a big deal, right?
Oh shit. Its gonna be Ted's farm.

"Vince, I'm getting back into the wrestling business."

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA

Tony literally retweeted this, which is what Meltzer was responding to.

"My understanding based on the people I've spoken to is that it would be more #AEW paying for its time on TNT than Turner paying AEW for its show."

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
You: STARDOM partnered with a shindie and worked their highly anticipated show in a broken ring

STARDOM Management: New York was a great success

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The full TJPW 5/3 Korakuen Hall card is out and we already get a new rookie debut!
That's one hell of a card.

TOKYO Princess of Princess Championship:
Miyu Yamashita vs Shoko Nakajima

TOKYO Princess Tag Team Championship:
Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki vs Natsumi Maki & Hikari Noa

Aja Kong vs Maki Itoh

Sakisama & Misao vs Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe

Reika Saiki & Marika Kobashi vs Riho & Raku

Mirai(temporary name) debut:
Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino vs Mirai & YUMI

Yuki Kamifuku vs Thunder Rosa

Yuna Manase & Mina Shirakawa & Himawari Unagi vs Haruna Neko & Pom Harajuku & Mahiro Kiryu

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The full TJPW 5/3 Korakuen Hall card is out and we already get a new rookie debut!

Aja Kong vs Maki Itoh

Yuna Manase & Mina Shirakawa & Himawari Unagi vs Haruna Neko & Pom Harajuku & Mahiro Kiryu

Yeah! This should be an awesome show. Cant wait!

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Aja Kong vs Maki Itoh

Maki Itoh had a good run. Shit, imagine Itoh trying to headbutt Kong just to make her mad and get a real shoot headbutt.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
"Dark Wrasslin' Twitter" gonna be deleting Tweets patting themselves on the back if they're proven wrong aren't they?

Oh shit. Its gonna be Ted's farm.

"Vince, I'm getting back into the wrestling business."
Ted is in some stage of dementia, this could actually be accurate with or without the "back" part. =\

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
"Dark Wrasslin' Twitter" gonna be deleting Tweets patting themselves on the back if they're proven wrong aren't they?

They don't give a shit. It's trolling. By the time a TV deal comes to light they'll be busy tweeting "All Hail" at the WWE's stock price or Fox's advertising rates for Smackdown.

Last edited:

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark WrassleTwitter's more concerned with sniffing their own farts than actually being right about anything. Being right just lets 'em do the whole "glad this is confirmed, been hearing rumblings about it since January" shtick.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Get him to the UK pc Paul, and Vince will let you do whatever he wants

(Unneeded context, I found this because my thirsty gay cousin RTd it)

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Tokyo Joshi Pro Dance Competition. Each team had 12 minutes to learn a routine.

In related news, Abema TV have expanded their service to worldwide, but with limited channels. Depending on rights, DDT, TJPW, and TheNIGHT shows could be available worldwide in the future.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Theory posing in front of a flag at half mast is amazing. He is the king of indie wrestling. AEW wishes they could sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.