• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

what about me? what about my business?

i7GlGqx.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Vince feels like he needs to show up more when ratings sag.

"Stand back, everyone. 73 year old man and his rich kids got this. "

*superman theme plays*

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Gisele Shaw vs Jinny was p good, I'd like to see them do that again at EVE. There was the awkward Spanish fly I mentioned before, then Giselle hit a swanton for the win

Trent Seven vs Kyle Fletcher was great, much like their last match in PROGRESS. Kyle wins with the lawn dart. Trent has stopped wearing his knee brace, and has smaller tights

Team ATTACK vs The Kabal was a fun spotty tag. Pretty sure one of the masked Kabal is TK. Cara Noir v over. Finish was lights out, the big white (leader? pope looking one) of the Kabal appears on the stage having unmasked Santos, and curb stomps him so Shay can get the distraction finish on Chief Deputy Dunne

ATTACK is very fun.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just funny because it's like no one cares if he just doesn't book people, they're calling him out for threatening talent to not work other places

Agreed. Plus I love his explanation that he does this because he wants to give fans a special show with talent they wouldn't see elsewhere in the area. AAW is booking the same guys everyone else is booking and that you can see on a bunch of tv shows or streaming networks. Maybe try to make your product unique by doing something cool and unique with this talent, rather than just trying to monopolize them? GCW is super hot not because they are the exclusive place to see Joey Janela or Nick Gage...

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Plus I love his explanation that he does this because he wants to give fans a special show with talent they wouldn't see elsewhere in the area. AAW is booking the same guys everyone else is booking and that you can see on a bunch of tv shows or streaming networks. Maybe try to make your product unique by doing something cool and unique with this talent, rather than just trying to monopolize them? GCW is super hot not because they are the exclusive place to see Joey Janela or Nick Gage...
AAW is just Impact dressed up like PWG

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Restricting talent or pressuring them not to work for your competitors when you are unable or unwilling to offer contracts is small time as fuck. Have some faith in your own product...unless that's the actual problem.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

In all fairness we're people here calling SD stacked? The issue is nothing in WWE's a draw anymore from the corporate choices like Ronda and Roman to the fan choice like the strong women's division or Black/Nak/Almas/Balor. God knows how they can draw, even shit people got super excited about like Becky's push didn't do anything.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Restricting talent or pressuring them not to work for your competitors when you are unable or unwilling to offer contracts is small time as fuck. Have some faith in your own product...unless that's the actual problem.
I feel for them trying to desperately hold onto their superindie status as they have their entire roster stolen from them, but the people they are putting all of their chips on are fucking terrible and pulling shit like this makes it even easier to not support them

Ace Austin is a more damning "state of the indies" than Hornswoggle's mania weekend bookings

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Joey can pick up a win here.

He really needs it after getting his ass kicked by his two young rookie sons.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to pull off scummy shit and then using the "please understand we just trying to survive" card to get out when caught is proof anything but an adult runs that business.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In all fairness we're people here calling SD stacked? The issue is nothing in WWE's a draw anymore from the corporate choices like Ronda and Roman to the fan choice like the strong women's division or Black/Nak/Almas/Balor. God knows how they can draw, even shit people got super excited about like Becky's push didn't do anything.
No one is a draw because talent is fully submerged in layers and layers of insipid inorganic dull trash presented as small time employees to a machine, and when that machine is working like shit consumers drop it because who cares about one or two cogs pulling a good promo or a fun 5 minute match

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL GOT RE-MONETIZED

with a tear, in my eye, this. is the greatest. moment. in my life.

Oct 25, 2017
No one is a draw because talent is fully submerged in layers and layers of insipid inorganic dull trash presented as small time employees to a machine, and when that machine is working like shit consumers drop it because who cares about one or two cogs pulling a good promo or a fun 5 minute match

People also don't want to sit through 2-3 commercial break matches with clearly scripted moments to go to commercial.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Quote of the day. Will AAW implode Nova Pro style or die a slow, sad death CZW style?
They aren't going anywhere, this certainly won't kill them or anything

Them losing their entire upper midcard and not replenishing with worthwhile talent is more of a deathblow than carny politics that don't really affect attendees

At the end of the day they will continue to book whatever known wrestlers they are allowed to, they booked Bandido for a hot minute before he got snatched up, any time someone is hot they will try to book them

I lose interest because they fall into lulls of putting on boring fuckin shows. Their big angle right now is that Fatu (who is a very good up and coming indie guy) is just Umaga with Armando Alejandro Estrada. Which is sort of fun but also.....stupid?

If "The Wrestling Revolver"/"Rockstar Pro" can exist in their shitty bubble of Sami Callihan and friends AAW can as well

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They aren't going anywhere, this certainly won't kill them or anything

Them losing their entire upper midcard and not replenishing with worthwhile talent is more of a deathblow than carny politics that don't really affect attendees

At the end of the day they will continue to book whatever known wrestlers they are allowed to, they booked Bandido for a hot minute before he got snatched up, any time someone is hot they will try to book them

I lose interest because they fall into lulls of putting on boring fuckin shows. Their big angle right now is that Fatu (who is a very good up and coming indie guy) is just Umaga with Armando Alejandro Estrada. Which is sort of fun but also.....stupid?

If "The Wrestling Revolver"/"Rockstar Pro" can exist in their shitty bubble of Sami Callihan and friends AAW can as well

There is also the fact that they just don't seem to be doing anything novel. I don't think you can get by anymore on the PWG model, especially if you don't go full PWG. GCW proves you need a different hook and to use what talent you have correctly. We all shat on Evolve when they pivoted to Largo Loop little brother, but it was clear that Evolve's previous model (whatever the fuck that was) wasn't working. Evolve isn't on fire but they clearly have more attendees for their monthly shows than they were before. Doing something different than other indies has benefitted them.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Folks there's s stage, titantron, pyro and squared circle I'm pretty sure blackpink is just wrestling

They're showing Kia ads it's definitely just wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.