• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given WWE's tendency to commodify criticism, I'm honestly surprised they haven't repackaged a wrestler to embody the criticism around how they're still doing business with Saudi Arabia (or, God forbid, repackaging Daivari, Ali, or in the ultimate kick to the balls, Sami Zayn, into a KSA sympathizer). That way, they can put in on screen and have John Cena or somebody "bodyslam the KSA" and try to quash the chatter about the blood money shows that they're still planning to hold without doing anything actually meaningful.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
I am pleasantly surprised that enough people bailed on WWE since doing the Saudi shows to make that much of a dent in their financials.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
> just like wwe

> 5 out of 16 wwe
> 3 if we exclude wierd place nxt uk
> 1 if we exclude djz who is still doing indy dates and trevor lee who BARELY started on the largo loop yet

Lets see:

1. Brookes - independent (WWE wanted him, said no, bless his heart).
  2. Ilja - WWE / NXT UK.
  3. Trevor Lee - WWE / NXT.
  4. Aerostar - AAA.
  5. Travis - WWE / NXT UK.
  6. DJZ - WWE bound.
  7. Artemis - independent.
  8. Starr - independent, working for a problematic co-opted by the WWE promotion, canceled q:
  9. Kyle . WWE / NXT.
  10. Ridgeway - independent (who knows for how long).
  11. Allin - AEW, probably his farewell from Progress.
  12. Robinson - independent for life.
  13. Kid - independent (probably getting a contract very soon).
  14. Devlin - WWE / NXT UK.
  15. Fletcher - independent (not for long).
  16. Daga - independent.
That is 5, 6 with DJZ. One third of the tournament.

Honestly, it is a meh lineup, tells a lot about the current independent scene and the limitations of being co-opted by the fed.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're entering the time of year when promotions like holding tournaments, and you once could have guessed who was in the next (NXT?) wave of independent stars by which tournaments they worked and how they fared.

We talked last year about the state of PWG and BOLA with how many wrestlers WWE has signed and kept on the shelf, and it's interesting to think about who would be in BOLA 2019.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Lets see:

2. Ilja - WWE / NXT UK.
  4. Aerostar - AAA.
  6. DJZ - WWE bound.
  8. Starr - independent, working for a problematic co-opted by the WWE promotion, canceled q:
  9. Kyle . WWE / NXT.
  16. Daga - independent.

Honestly, it is a meh lineup, tells a lot about the current independent scene and the limitations of being co-opted by the fed.
Not sure why there's a problem with Progress using NXT UK people. The UK talent is barely on the fringe of WWE. Not like they've stopped taking independent bookings.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets see:

2. Ilja - WWE / NXT UK.
  4. Aerostar - AAA.
  6. DJZ - WWE bound.
  9. Kyle . WWE / NXT.
  16. Daga - independent.

But British Strong Style told me to ignore the rumors and that the indie scene was as healthy as ever.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why there's a problem with Progress using NXT UK people. The UK talent is barely on the fringe of WWE. Not like they've stopped taking independent bookings.

My issue is that the base is basically WWE talent and that Progress decided to not use some of their talent, like Mambo, who had an amazing participation last year. Heck, they even have Robinson who is only good for taking bumps.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
We're entering the time of year when promotions like holding tournaments, and you once could have guessed who was in the next (NXT?) wave of independent stars by which tournaments they worked and how they fared.

We talked last year about the state of PWG and BOLA with how many wrestlers WWE has signed and kept on the shelf, and it's interesting to think about who would be in BOLA 2019.
just looking at SSS16, I've been thinking Daga is a lock for BOLA and it's possible they'd use Aussie Open as singles guys for it. depending on if they break out I could also see them using Kid, Spencer, and Ridgeway. Maybe they could try booking Brookes again.

I imagine if anything it'll be loaded with AEW guys

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
58375450_10157115181099557_8314178235394949120_o.jpg

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if anything he's off to new japan, nxt uk would have had them in by now if they wanted

Oh, I was not implying that all the freelancers were going to WWE. Aussie Open makes more sense for NJPW, specially Kyle, who NJPW wants. Kid and Ridgeway are the ones harder to predict: Ridgeway could end up in NJPW or WWE, Kid could end up in AEW or WWE. Brookes could end up in AEW or stay forever at the indies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what the hell ever happened to Arn?

Expected to hear he was on board with AEW by now. Might just be chilling at home I guess?

Doesn't seem like the kind of guy thats just going to retire right now though.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
there's still a bunch of great indie (and indie adjacent) wrestling in 2019 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

There is, but is not that good, the USA scene is specially looking bad. Look at this past WM Weekend. There was some decent matches but no MoTYC on the indies compared to last year. Wrestlers like Riddle, Hero, ZSJ and Ospreay, to some extent, being absent did not help. Even the match between Ospreay and Bandido felt like an exhibition one because NJPW probably told him to take it slow.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just looking at SSS16, I've been thinking Daga is a lock for BOLA and it's possible they'd use Aussie Open as singles guys for it. depending on if they break out I could also see them using Kid, Spencer, and Ridgeway. Maybe they could try booking Brookes again.

I imagine if anything it'll be loaded with AEW guys

PWG needs to bring in Zeus for BOLA.

But yeah, I think they will probably use AEW guys as the special attraction. Also the upcoming Mystery Vortex show will probably be used to debut new guys. The following tweet from Anthony Henry makes me think he and Drake will be at Mystery Vortex

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Flip Gordon bit goes back a long time now

Also, i really want to see the work horsemen live, but Mystery Vortex is the same day as both my gf's bday and Detective Pikachu

For what it's worth I might have Henry's tweet wrong (although I would bet on it being mystery vortex related).

Edit: It looks like there is an evolve show the same day as mystery vortex so I'm probably wrong.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
PWG needs to bring in Zeus for BOLA.

But yeah, I think they will probably use AEW guys as the special attraction. Also the upcoming Mystery Vortex show will probably be used to debut new guys. The following tweet from Anthony Henry makes me think he and Drake will be at Mystery Vortex

I've never seen a Zeus match I don't think but he looks really cool so I'm 100% in favor of it

Book him vs Omega to truly settle the chad/virgin debate

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth I might have Henry's tweet wrong (although I would bet on it being mystery vortex related).

Edit: It looks like there is an evolve show the same day as mystery vortex so I'm probably wrong.
Damn, hopefully they start coming out here.

I wonder who they'll get for it since it's also in the middle of ROH's War of the world's tour. More Jake Atlas please

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
I think I want them to book Tessa for BOLA
Damn, hopefully they start coming out here.

I wonder who they'll get for it since it's also in the middle of ROH's War of the world's tour. More Jake Atlas please
Oh jeez yeah. They have to fly out Cobb and probably Brody, luckily there's no show on the day of. Gresham and Bandido are also currently not booked for the 9th, and I don't see anything booked for the 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.