• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
What does ROH own that fucking trademark?
War Machine is a Marvel superhero so they AKA Disney probably own the trademark to that.

I don't mind Lacey Evans being Becky's first opponent at all. It's at least a fresh matchup. Everyone likes Becky, no one likes Lacey, boom that's wrestling. Though her gimmick is just... what? Do kids know what a "southern belle" is? Do adults even know? I guess they are trying to convey that she is prim and proper, which I think you can easily do without a strangely outdated gimmick. It reminds me of the time Heath Slater was very briefly "The One Man Southern Rock Band." What does that even MEAN?

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
War Machine is a Marvel superhero so they AKA Disney probably own the trademark to that.

I don't mind Lacey Evans being Becky's first opponent at all. It's at least a fresh matchup. Everyone likes Becky, no one likes Lacey, boom that's wrestling. Though her gimmick is just... what? Do kids know what a "southern belle" is? Do adults even know? I guess they are trying to convey that she is prim and proper, which I think you can easily do without a strangely outdated gimmick. It reminds me of the time Heath Slater was very briefly "The One Man Southern Rock Band." What does that even MEAN?

Ohhh I forgot about that.

Oct 28, 2017
You'll never believe who always wanted Becky/Ronda with Becky going over, and who demanded Charlotte be inserted

You'll never believe who defended Ciampa overworking himself into the grave through a neck break for Main Roster Experience

Vince, HHH, HHH

Bonus Fun: HHH was the first guy publicly wanting Hogan back, AND he called a mandatory meeting backstage that was just so everyone could hear and see Hogan's apology, which he defended at the start as a learning experience because "everyone should know the evils of being recorded without your knowing"

I'm suuuuuuure that Ciampa is blaming HHH right now. I bet he's sooooooooo pissed that he was treated soooooooo poorly in NXT.

EC3 should be thankful. Vince isn't burying him, he's just keeping him sidelined to prevent him from overworking himself and getting hurt.

(You sound ridiculous)

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm suuuuuuure that Ciampa is blaming HHH right now. I bet he's sooooooooo pissed that he was treated soooooooo poorly in NXT.

EC3 should be thankful. Vince isn't burying him, he's just keeping him sidelined to prevent him from overworking himself and getting hurt.

(You sound ridiculous)

Being manipulated into overworking yourself is a pretty common thing. Ciampa may be fucked out of his career and it could have been avoided.

Almost everything is more complicated than "well, they made a decision to do something so the result is on them."

Oct 25, 2017
Getting DDT emails is nice because it's keeping me in the loop on events, the problem is my email provider isn't translating them so I have no clue what dates they are.

Oct 28, 2017
Being manipulated into overworking yourself is a pretty common thing. Ciampa may be fucked out of his career and it could have been avoided.

Almost everything is more complicated than "well, they made a decision to do something so the result is on them."

First of all, I see zero evidence that HHH manipulated Ciampa into overworking himself. I don't even see any Google results for crappy blogs speculating about this so I have no idea where this nonsense is coming from.

Second of all, even if true...did Vince do that to Edge then? The main roster touring schedule is way harder on the body than the NXT schedule, so does that make Vince way worse???

I'm not making the case that HHH is a saint, I'm comparing him to the shithead of a human being that is Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I don't even watch WWE anymore (except for *ahem* finding ways to watch the occasional Takeover), but coming into this thread every Tuesday morning to watch the breakdowns people have every week is pretty fun lol.

Pretty much spit my coffee out all over my laptop when I read about The Viking Experience. I'm not surprised they don't want to use the term 'war' on their shows, and Raiders is probably too close to the football team, but I would have hoped they could come up with something better than that. Also, if Road Dogg seriously thinks TVE is a good name because they'll be more famous using it, (which, by extension is obviously because they're on national fucking television, where calling them The Cotton Candy Brigade would make them more famous) he'd the dumbest dumb fuck to ever be dumb.

The happiest day of my wrestling fan life was when I gave up on WWE.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lapsed Dammit, he just came back from injury, too. :(

Fuuuck, just after our conversation last night, too. Hope he recovers well.

First of all, I see zero evidence that HHH manipulated Ciampa into overworking himself. I don't even see any Google results for crappy blogs speculating about this so I have no idea where this nonsense is coming from.

Second of all, even if true...did Vince do that to Edge then? The main roster touring schedule is way harder on the body than the NXT schedule, so does that make Vince way worse???

I'm not making the case that HHH is a saint, I'm comparing him to the shithead of a human being that is Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Dude, they knew he was injured and needed surgery and asked him to do a couple more matches and get some main roster experience. It is literally what happened and why he disappeared from the main roster appearances so quickly. It is straight up what happened.

Yeah Vince probably did overwork Edge. Edge probably knew he was injured but knew this industry is so fucked up that if he didn't work he would lose his spot so pushed himself. It is those types of things I mean when I say these guys get manipulated. Whether HHH/Vince or whoever is conscious of doing it or whether it is a systemic thing as part of what has evolved to be the system of the wrestling business doesn't make a huge amount of difference, to my mind.

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/triple-h-details-original-tommaso-ciampa-plans-injury

They discussed it on a conference call. HHH knew about it, and felt they could get him exposure and then have him get healed up but it "suddenly went worse". I don't know how you think a neck injury is 'manageable' but hey, if it's for the exposure who cares!

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/triple-h-details-original-tommaso-ciampa-plans-injury

They discussed it on a conference call. HHH knew about it, and felt they could get him exposure and then have him get healed up but it "suddenly went worse". I don't know how you think a neck injury is 'manageable' but hey, if it's for the exposure who cares!

They were under the impression it was manageable with no risk for further injury, they found out that wasn't the case and they pulled him from further appearances.

You're acting like HHH is the guy looking at his MRIs and making the decision that it's 'manageable' in the year 2019. They have a medical team, if they fucked it up, it's on them.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017

39486223_478082976034241_2678900604369108992_n.jpg

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Someday you'll have that fabled day

Because watching takeovers means you haven't given up

I'd be more than happy to watch WWE if their product was more to my liking. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. I've given up on them with Vince at the helm, but anything can happen.

Ironically I had that fabled day in 2013 when I started watching wrestling again after like six years away. I was so flabbergasted by how awful the story lines and booking were that I just gave up. Not a product for me unfortunately.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more than happy to watch WWE if their product was more to my liking. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. I've given up on them with Vince at the helm, but anything can happen.

Ironically I had that fabled day in 2013 when I started watching wrestling again after like six years away. I was so flabbergasted by how awful the story lines and booking were that I just gave up. Not a product for me unfortunately.
But you're still watching Takeover

Oct 25, 2017
If War Machine gets killed by the Viking name, at least AEW is there, or NJPW. They'll recover.
If you get killed with a bad name, you weren't gonna make it in the first place. It is a ridiculous name but it isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. "Strowman" was ridiculous as well, "Miz" is really dumb, "Ken Shamrock"? They're using his real name? Is he a leprechaun?

Ultimately that stuff won't matter, it's about how you are as a character and judging from last nights match, they're gonna be fine.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
But you're still watching Takeover

I watch about one Takeover a year, sure. NXT certainly aligns more closely with my tastes, but the main shows do not, and so I don't watch them. I also don't pay WWE for any Takeovers I do watch, to be totally honest. I'd be more willing to invest more into NXT, but it's a tough sale for me when you know a guy like Velveteen Dream (for example) is going to be turned into a joke character when he's called up.

So I'll continue to dip into NXT once or twice a year, and avoid everything else.

Oct 25, 2017
They were under the impression it was manageable with no risk for further injury, they found out that wasn't the case and they pulled him from further appearances.

You're acting like HHH is the guy looking at his MRIs and making the decision that it's 'manageable' in the year 2019. They have a medical team, if they fucked it up, it's on them.

HHH is over seeing talent and development. It's ultimately his call to make on these things and necks should never be something you mess around with.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Also Edge was overworked, Kurt was overworked, Sheamus is being overworked (he thinks he's managing it through his daily/weekly rehab for what it's worth), and Paige was absolutely overworked (widely assumed she came back too early the first time which led to the aggravation the second time). Fucking around with major neck injuries is one of the biggest no-nos you can pull, the only one they ever handled the aftermath of correctly was Tyson Kidd, and even that was probably less of their own desire than the fact he almost died on their watch while they were busy fucking around "debating" if he needed an ambulance

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Wait, who goes where now? Young to Raw, I would imagine Wolfe and Dain stick together somehow.

Nikki got split basically immediately, Young's on Raw, Dain's only TV appearance in '19 was Miz squashing all three of them, and Wolfe got more streaming time from the wXw appearances he got to make than he's had since getting called up exactly a year ago. Dain's operating under the assumption Sanity's just done now no matter what, and it's not like the company's given them much reason to doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.