• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
His whole attitude during that segment was great. He had just the right amount of understated anger.

His character work is just really good.

Yeah, everything in that segment was great. It came across to me like he was just trying to be a fighting champ, but all this bullshit just went down and he just got fed up with it and wanted to have a fucking match by the time Eric Young started going on his rant

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everything in that segment was great. It came across to me like he was just trying to be a fighting champ, but all this bullshit just went down and he just got fed up with it and wanted to have a fucking match by the time Eric Young started going on his rant

Yeah, it was just like "fuck your dumb promo, I'm pissed and ready to fight so let's fight"

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
which internet detectives sleuthed out the YB drama?

glad i get to add another act into the "scum of the earth" category along with the sexual abusers, drug dealers and the like

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
watching that okada video

my face when i realize I got to witness the greatest title run in pro wresling history:

giphy.gif

new japan 2017 ; _ ;

Whether or not it was equal to Kobashi's GHC reign is a long argument that will have to be done some day.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Two Japan notes from Dave

- DG is talking to Swann

- The new Bone Soldier might be Ishimori

You guys turn on people way too quickly.

I'm not "turning on them". It's hardly that dramatic.

But that is undoubtedly a shitty thing to do and an even more shitty way to react, and it reflects extremely poorly on them.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
how did Charlie Haas get an IWGP title shot against Tana in 2011?

New Japan ran three shows in the northeast with help from Jersey All Pro Wrestling and Haas was probably the most illustrious guy to come from them. This was also when Haas was getting a push in ROH. The tour was originally the reason why the IWGP Intercontinental Title was created. It also wasn't a financial success and pretty much killed JAPW as a regular running promotion.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Paul Levesque, who was in the country early to help promote and put together the event, said to The Independent, "I understand that people are questioning it, but you have to understand that every culture is different and just because you don't agree with a certain aspect of it, it doesn't mean it's not a relevant culture. You can't dictate to a country or a religion about how they handle things, but, having said that, WWE is at the forefront of a women's evolution in the world and what you can't do is affect change anywhere by staying away from it."

WWE simply didn't have the power to allow anyone to attend and sit anywhere in the stadium, nor to allow their female performers to work, or even attend the show. If they had been able to negotiate changes into the ten-year deal, they, in fact, would have been affecting change. Instead, they are promoting the country worldwide on its television in a manner they have never done before, and for the obvious economic reasons. This isn't even bringing up being a propaganda arm for the country in a war in Yemen that is often considered the worst humanitarian crisis currently in the world.
From the latest Observer.

I just realized that Daniel Bryan and Bootleg Daniel Bryan are going to be on the same show
Trevor Lee?

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
How come Meltzer is so knowledgeable of the humanitarian crisis currently affecting the world and doesn't know shit about gender equality and race tensions?
He's previously touched upon the gender equality stuff and similarities to racial segregation in relation to the whole Saudi thing. I assume racial segregation was a big issue when he was young as it's definitely one of the very few nerves for him when it gets brought up.

TBH the biggest Saudi point right now is Yemen. It's insane what is going on.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The image was barely blocked but with the remaining 50% of it you can tell it's their Facebook profile pic. Matt also responded to someone on Twitter and said something along the lines of 'dude sent me an aggressive message so I was aggressive back'.

Good good, to stay on message then I hope All-In is a massively failure and destroys the careers of all involved.

I'd like to see these arguments instead of the arguments I'm subjected to

no we are going to stay on whether Iconics are attractive or not and you are going to like it

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
"it's going to be such a cowardly move when they put the title on Roman Reigns while everyone's at work" - @MaxwellRBR

skull emoji

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
In wrestler tweets that most likely won't age well:

Like I know she is a heel and all, but if you haven't had an actual singles match on a PPV since 2016, its probably because the company doesn't have confidence in you. Also I'm pretty sure most people know Carmella is god awful in the ring so this was a stupid point to bring up.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I did get to hear Suzukigun's new group theme. It's decent, but it's going to cut down on the amount we hear Kaze ni Nare. :/

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I think it's good that Meltzer is providing a solid counterpoint to the HHH PR babble by pointing to a specific example. Since he mentions the gender issues before, and even touches on it in the first paragraph, it is fine he uses Yemen as the example in this case as a reason why you should not be in business promoting the KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA PRESENTS the Greatest Royal Rumble.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I mean certainly not now the PPVs are dual brand, hope y'all enjoy women's non title matches on the preshow if at all

I don't know what they're going to do going forward now the rosters are so big. The booking of the women's division has been pretty terrible for the last year unless you're a huge fan of Alexa, Charlotte, or Asuka though I suppose if they make a women's tag belt the pre-show women's tag matches competitors might get a little more development. Then again with how they handled the big RAW women's main event and had the shows 10 top women do nothing but rest holds until Ronda came down to establish she's the only important woman on the show I'm not that hopeful going forward.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
You guys turn on people way too quickly.
Not that I care for the bucks in any way, but around here if you don't have 100% the same beliefs and ideals as some folks then you better prepare for the heel turn.

But we also operate under the idea that everyone in the business is carny in some way so, perhaps we already turned.

Last edited:

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
It's felt like forever since the last big njpw show. I'm dying over here.

Better than oversaturation of course by let's fucking go bois

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
The show on Sunday should be great
Did you watch shotgun this week. They announced a rematch between ilja and Walter for superstarsmof wrestling

Card so far

wXw Unified World Wrestling Championship: Ilja Dragunov (c) vs. WALTER
Tenille Dashwood vs. Toni Storm
wXw Shotgun Championship: Bobby Gunns (c) vs. Christopher Daniels
Billy Gunn vs. Emil Sitoci
Jay Lethal vs. Lucky Kid
Killer Kelly & Marius al-Ani vs. Absolute Andy & Melanie Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.