• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did you watch shotgun this week. They announced a rematch between ilja and Walter for superstarsmof wrestling

Card so far

Yep! Should be awesome. I am extremely excited for this show. The card is fantastic.

Didn't realize Suzuki Naito Inyercontinental match is this Sunday, nice.

Edit: assuming you were referring to njpw

Yah the NJPW show I was referring to. Naito vs Suzuki should be awesome.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Backlash is shaping up to have a real bad card.

These matches are bound to suck:

Jinder/Orton
Nia/Bliss
Carmella/Charlotte
Bryan/Big Ass

These matches could be good but they have no meaning due to the shake-up:

Reigns/Joe
Rollins/Miz

That's 6 matches already. Judging by what's happening, another Styles/Nak match will be added. Then maybe a tag team match or two. It's just gonna be a relatively weak card due several nothing matches. Seems like they're treating it like a throwaway.

Next PPV after is MITB though.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
O.O Tell me more about this commonwealth cup and Novapro.

My beloved Washington DC doesn't have any indies (in fact, the last promotion to run within city limits besides WCW/WWE was when ECW used to run shows at a gay club) but Nova Pro is the closest thing to it. They run in Fairfax County, like 30 minutes south of here. They're pretty new too, their first show being at the end of 2015.

They basically use their location to sort of use a combination of guys from a few different scenes. They take a lot of influence from the Midwest places like AIW, the northeast spots like Beyond, and more traditional southern places like CWF. It makes for a pretty interesting product because they book weird combinations of all of these groups.

The top babyfaces are Sonjay Dutt, Mia Yim, and Arik Royal, and the top heels are Logan Easton LaRoux, Angelus Layne, and Gunner Miller. But it's always changing, and they usually have pretty long feuds/storylines.

The Commonwealth Cup was their first ever tournament last year. They don't have a title, so the Cup is sort of the closest thing to that. Last year the field included guys like David Starr, Donovan Dijak, Tracy Williams, and Jonathan Gresham. It basically was used to push homegrown guys though, with the final match basically culminating in an angle where Logan Easton LaRoux beat the previously undefeated Arik Royal.

This year the field has expanded to a full 16 (it was 12 last year) and it looks to be a little less reliant on regulars. The field so far:

1. Eddie Kingston
  2. Sage Philips
  3. Alexander James
  4. Logan Easton LaRoux
  5. Gunner Miller
  6. Arik Royal
  7. Tim Donst
  8. Jimmy Jacobs
  9. Tracy Williams
  10. Nick Gage
  11. Wheeler YUTA
  12. Fred Yehi
  13. PCO

Also, Nova Pro is HUGE on Women's Wrestling. They ran their first Women's only show this year, and most cards have 3-4 matches for the women. They've main evented a few shows in the past as well. So this year, they're also doing a Women's Commonwealth Cup with 8 wrestlers:
  1. Chelsea Green
  2. Jordynne Grace
  3. Faye Jackson
  4. Mia Yim
  5. Veda Scott
  6. Rachael Ellering

Pretty excited for the whole weekend, got my front row ticket combo to all three shows a few weeks back.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Backlash is shaping up to have a real bad card.

These matches are bound to suck:

Jinder/Orton
Nia/Bliss
Carmella/Charlotte
Bryan/Big Ass

These matches could be good but they have no meaning due to the shake-up:

Reigns/Joe
Rollins/Miz

That's 6 matches already. Judging by what's happening, another Styles/Nak match will be added. Then maybe a tag team match or two. It's just gonna be a relatively weak card due several nothing matches. Seems like they're treating it like a throwaway.

Next PPV after is MITB though.

Nia/Bliss at Mania was pretty solid, and Daniel Bryan has carried far worse wrestlers than Big Cass to great matches. I wouldn't sleep on this card. Reigns/Joe is going to rule. Even shit wrestlers like Carmella will be out there with something to prove (since it's her first title match and all that).

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the Iiconics' unusual panty cuts, as far as ring gear goes. Something about the way their attire is goes at odds with the flow of life, and it feels strange.

Can we argue?

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nia/Bliss at Mania was pretty solid, and Daniel Bryan has carried far worse wrestlers than Big Cass to great matches. I wouldn't sleep on this card. Reigns/Joe is going to rule. Even shit wrestlers like Carmella will be out there with something to prove (since it's her first title match and all that).
I think Bryan can drag something solid out of Big Ass but I just dislike watching that dude. Reigns/Joe will probably be great, but since there's no meaning behind it, it's kind of like one of their random Raw matches. Just seems like a bit of a filler PPV.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I think Bryan can drag something solid out of Big Ass but I just dislike watching that dude. Reigns/Joe will probably be great, but since there's no meaning behind it, it's kind of like one of their random Raw matches. Just seems like a bit of a filler PPV.

Yeah it's definitely a low stakes PPV. But I tend to prefer those because there's less chance of dumb booking decisions ruining my enjoyment. Just give me some decent matches!

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's definitely a low stakes PPV. But I tend to prefer those because there's less chance of dumb booking decisions ruining my enjoyment. Just give me some decent matches!
I'm just hoping they change the IC and US matches. If they make Orton/Jeff and Balor/Rollins, then I'll be more interested as that'll beef it up enough. Especially if they add something else like Bray and Matt vs. Owens and Sami.

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember Bryan is there to put over Big Cass and make him look good. Don't cry mark-ass tears when he gets pinned. It's gonna happen so steel your jaw

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cass cut a solid promo but my dislike for him goes beyond that. There are some dudes who just make a bad first impression and it sticks. He's one of them. Same as Bobby Roode or Dolph Ziggler. Now that doesn't mean they can't impress in the future, it just means I have little interest in them as their involvement is an active deterrent to my interest because for now, I just find them very boring.

I've turned around on Jinder somewhat though. Think he plays his character well and could be a good mid-card talent if he improves in the ring. But watch them stick him with Reigns since he's due a filler feud and no top talent is available. Gotta waste time until either Strowman or the Lashley feud happen.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Miz has cut the same promo for roughly 18 months. As long as he gets angry and talks about respect or how long he's been there, people seem to like it. Although I enjoyed the promo on Smackdown because of him taking that subtle dig using his daughter. Appropriately slimy heel move.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Miz has cut the same promo for roughly 18 months. As long as he gets angry and talks about respect or how long he's been there, people seem to like it. Although I enjoyed the promo on Smackdown because of him taking that subtle dig using his daughter. Appropriately slimy heel move.

Yeah, the father stuff worked well I'm just beyond tired of the promo now and slipping a Cass feud between any kind of Miz confrontation just means we're going to get even more of it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather listen to the Miz cut the same promo for 18 years than listen to Big Cass and his slow and boring droning about being tall or whatever. Fuck that guy.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Daniel Bryan should be doing its wrestling for the WWE championship. it should be him in the match against Brock on Fridays.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big Cass's promo was basically about how he still feels like a small man inside. It's kind of hilarious really. Dude's just real insecure about everything.

Oct 25, 2017
WTF is up with Ciampa have kinesis tape on his face? LOL

I'm also already tired of "JOhnny gets beat down for 20 minutes" match telling

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Bryan wins belt at Summer Slam

LAID OUT BY BIG ASS, OUT 3 MONTHS

Defends at Survivor Series, LAID OUT BY BIG BRAUN, OUT 2 MONTHS

Defends at Rumble, LAID OUT BY BIG DAWG, OUT 3 MONTHS

this is EASY

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Kevin Owens's tryout promo got posted on Reddit and now I'm just thinking about how weird it is that they get people to cut an improv promo as part of their tryout then expect them to perform from a shoddily written piece of paper every week

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Nia/Bliss at Mania was pretty solid,

Ohhh did we just become friends?

*checks heart*

j7XtN7L.gif

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Owens's tryout promo got posted on Reddit and now I'm just thinking about how weird it is that they get people to cut an improv promo as part of their tryout then expect them to perform from a shoddily written piece of paper every week
if they sound good on the shit they come up with imagine how good our professionally written scripts will come across

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Nia Jax matches are typically like at minimum decent because she can just throw around every other person on the roster and if they bump for her usually it's pretty decent. And she's had legit great matches in NXT against Asuka and Bayley.

So of course people think she's the worst worker on the roster somehow
BUT ARMS HAVEN'T YOU HEARD HOW DANGEROUS SHE IS

ALL THOSE *checks notes* ZERO PEOPLE SHE'S INJURED SHE MUST BE STOPPED

100% with you both

Oct 25, 2017
Nia Jax matches are typically like at minimum decent because she can just throw around every other person on the roster and if they bump for her usually it's pretty decent. And she's had legit great matches in NXT against Asuka and Bayley.

So of course people think she's the worst worker on the roster somehow
People honestly let their shitty biases cloud their judgment.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Bryan's opponents this year are going to Big Ass, Miz, Nakamura, and Joe. Nakamura is probably the Summerslam opponent, so they have 3 PPVs to kill between now and then. That's why you have Big Ass and Miz now. Then after Nakamura for a couple PPVs, I expect he'll get Joe towards the end of the year.

Styles is busy with Nakamura now, but will end up with all of Joe, Big Ass, and Almas at some point this year. Joe is going to cycle through a couple guys too. You've got all of Jeff, Orton, Styles, and Bryan available for him.

You only have so many people to run in 12 months, and with weekly feuds and monthly PPVs, you are going to run out of options sooner rather than later due to the amount of exposure. This is why the filler feuds happen.

Meanwhile Raw the opposite problem. They have plenty of top guys, but they do filler feuds, because screw you. That's why.

Gets ready to experiences 2 months of Lashley and Strowman doing nothing because Roman Reigns is busy with a filler feud against Jinder Mahal.

Status
Not open for further replies.