• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Armsofsleep on DataWest level of terrible wrestling takes.

Please tell me of a Kincaid match that was better than Marty/Osperey.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't even half irony posting like my Kenny Omega tastes. Nia Jax is definitely better in-ring than Scurll. And Kincaid is miles better.
mr-burns-laughing.gif

Good one

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Kincaid had the worst look of all time, completely abandoned it and came up with something worse?

But I guess he talks now??

OP
OP

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
When coming up with a list of the best wrestlers in the world, the "are you better than Scurll" line is a big inflection point. If you can get past Scurll, congrats, you're in the top 300 wrestlers in the world.

It's comforting to know that everything before the inflection point is dirt shit worst and everything after it is ACTUALLY pretty good

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
apparently halfway through the greatest royal rumble show they might have to wait an hour because everyone has to pray

to which I say...

they should do the undertaker's entrance as the praying starts, give him the usual hour long entrance and we can keep this show rolling, brother.

OP
OP

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Nia is pretty good as a sympathizable babyface character but she's a tragedy in the ring. Unconvincing moveset, serial botcher, was completely unable to have good matches with anyone in her career.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Kincaid is fucking awful (judging from his Evolve run) but Scrull has basically made his entire career off of having matches with Ospreay.

He's an excellent midcard comedy act, propelling him to the top of the 2018 class of juniors is insane. Watch that Dome 4 way match and see how out of place he is. He can't keep up. He almost fucks up every major spot with him in. His offense is nearly all terrible (his chops and strikes holy shit!!!). Vastly vastly overrated but can still be very entertaining in the right spot.

#ImwithArmsandSleepers

deli

Oct 25, 2017
Kincaid is fucking awful (judging from his Evolve run) but Scrull has basically made his entire career off of having matches with Ospreay.

He's an excellent midcard comedy act, propelling him to the top of the 2018 class of juniors is insane. Watch that Dome 4 way match and see how out of place he is. He can't keep up. He almost fucks up every major spot with him in. His offense is nearly all terrible (his chops and strikes holy shit!!!). Vastly vastly overrated but can still be very entertaining in the right spot.

#ImwithArmsandSleepers

But is he worse than Nia Jax?

OP
OP

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
she's had a series of great matches with Asuka

I would never characterize those as great. If those are great then Asuka's matches with Ember Moon are alltime classics. The reactions to earlier Asuka matches are buoyed by the freshness of her gimmick, but they were pedestrian matches.

Asuka's only had a really good match with Charlotte and that had room to be sooooo much better.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like some of you lower the bar with some of these women wrestlers. Nia is worse than Bo Dallas in the ring. She isn't good. When you've got legit talent like Charlotte, Sasha, Asuka etc. then these other women wrestlers being jobber level in the ring isn't impressive. Like that match with Asuka at Elimination Chamber was a bad match. This is why they should merge the divisions so you can get the good women wrestlers together and treat the jobber as they are. Jobbers. Although I guess you need variety so you can still keep Nia and 1 or 2 others towards the top by protecting their weaknesses. Bliss is bad in the ring but she's easily one of their best character workers. That's valuable for TV.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I can see why someone would defend Nia Jax and Jason Kincaid

They have similar positives in their matches

For instance, their matches eventually end

OP
OP

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the Scurll talk always puzzles me. It's like people are arguing with echoes of 2016 or using it as a proxy flamewar against those filthy BC marks. I definitely don't see him talked about in exalted tones around here.

She had a match with Nikki Cross I remember being really fun.

Yeah I've seen people talk that up, I just haven't seen it.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
If it's about Kitamura, Meltzer said he thinks he may be clear now. It's not in the Observer though (I suspect because it was just one source).

I really wonder what the guy did. Gambling? Weed?

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC

#ImwithArmsandSleepers

Kincaid's EVOLVE run wasn't excellent (outside of the occasional sprint against a flippy guy) but he was basically made to work total geeks in the openers so it wasn't like he had much to work with.

But yeah Scurll is making a push for most overrated right now. The dome match being 85% built around him and Ospreay kept it from being great, which I will always hold against him

If it's about Kitamura, Meltzer said he thinks he may be clear now. It's not in the Observer though (I suspect because it was just one source).

I really wonder what the guy did. Gambling? Weed?

Rumor was steroids, and that the concussion thing may have been a cover for it

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Kincaid's EVOLVE run wasn't excellent (outside of the occasional sprint against a flippy guy) but he was basically made to work total geeks in the openers so it wasn't like he had much to work with.

But yeah Scurll is making a push for most overrated right now. The dome match being 85% built around him and Ospreay kept it from being great, which I will always hold against him

Rumor was steroids, and that the concussion thing may have been a cover for it
This guy was juicing?
Katsuya-Kitamura.png

I AM LEGIT SHOOK

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Status
Not open for further replies.