• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
MV5BMjEzMDY3MDYwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY3MDY3NjM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Directors: James Wan
Screenplay by: David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick, Will Beall
Studio: Warner Brothers
Cast: Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Amber Heard as Mera, Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko, Patrick Wilson as Orm/ Ocean Master, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane/ Black Manta, Nicole Kidman as Atlanna
Release Date: December 21st, 2018 in the US. For the rest of the world go here.

[MOD EDIT - Since folks keep questioning why up so far in advance dropping other release dates]​
China 7 December 2018
UK 12 December 2018
Canada 21 December 2018
USA 21 December 2018

Movie Info:
Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and be a hero to the world.
Aquaman_DC_Comics_Black_Manta_Mera.jpg

edit: TY to Chalphy for the great OT title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Isn't it a little soon for that ?

Or the social media/review threads will be just this one ?

edit : oh it opens much earlier everywhere else =O

ok

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hmm interesting

It's not out in the States for another few weeks

But guess has first openings next week. Still seems early

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh movie looks good, I love Momoa, and Wan mostly makes good flicks (fuck F7) but I'm not too hyped for this lol. Gonna watch OW still but yah.

I think I'm more pumped Momoa is gonna host SNL as part of the roll out for this lol. Dude is charismatic as fuck, and he's also a big fan so I'm hoping the the crew give Momoa some A material to work with.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
please center the first image in the op
its causing me physical pain

:P
cant wait!

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I hardly catch any SH movies in the cinema anymore but I'm in for Wan. I'll bring the kiddies to this and Bumblebee thingy.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
James Wan's Aquaman, starring Jason Momoa in the titular role, is tracking for a strong U.S. debut of $65 million-plus at the pre-Christmas box office, according to insiders at Warner Bros.

The DC Entertainment superhero pic goes up against Disney's Mary Poppins Returns and Transformers spinoff Bumblebee over the Dec. 21-23 weekend, and should easily top the chart for the three days. The trio of films came on tracking Thursday.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...argets-heroic-pre-christmas-debut-65m-1164604

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
press reactions lead me to believe this movie has a more marvel style to it, with that and Shazam it looks like DC may have figured out how to make crowd pleasers. Hope they aren't trash like Wonder Woman though which some said was also good...

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Wonder Woman was still pretty divisive. Gal Gadot is not a good actress and her comments on Israel/Palestine were disgusting.

Leaving this here for those that don't know:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ro-idf-stance-causes-controversy-9643412.html

"I am sending my love and prayers to my fellow Israeli citizens," she wrote. "Especially to all the boys and girls who are risking their lives protecting my country against the horrific acts conducted by Hamas, who are hiding like cowards behind women and children...We shall overcome!!! Shabbat Shalom! #weareright #freegazafromhamas #stopterror #coexistance #loveidf"

If you can support someone who's okay with this...

Last edited:

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
I really want a good DC movie universe and I am rooting for this to be good. aquaman and wonder woman are keeping it alive.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

luca

Oct 25, 2017
That comic accurate Aquaman costume is one of the best I've ever seen in a live action cbm. I can't stop thinking about Aquaman despite never having read a comic book of his.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Wonder Woman isn't divisive in the least bit....
That giant divide between the 93% of critics who liked it and the 7% who didn't. Hugely divisive, breh.

But seriously, the refusal some have to accept that Wonder Woman was a crowd pleaser the vast majority of people loved is baffling. You can dislike the movie yourself, but that doesn't change reality.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here in ERA watched the movie? Been looking through pages but can't seem to find anyone who has.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone here in ERA watched the movie? Been looking through pages but can't seem to find anyone who has.

Yea I saw it. Left my "review" in the other thread. It's fine. Really stupid but entertaining most of the way through. I thought it was the best dc universe movie but that's not saying much. I give it 6/10. Won't ever watch again.

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
Ah man, really? I had hopes for James Wan. If that's true, DC just can't catch a break except for Wonder Woman I guess.

I'll still watch it but I hope this movie turns out to be very successful.